ℹ Guardian Kong – 5* Fire/Red from Guardians of Teltoc

Exactly… gkong is now a valuable hero on offense and the only red dispeller next to zimkitty

Agreed.
I just think there are much better reds out there

You’re right, there are.

But Guardian Kong has value now since his buff. Pre patch everyone pretty much agreed he wasn’t up to standard but now I think he’s really useful in a red stack.

I chose to ascend him over Khagan for example

I dunno if i should ascend him or tyr as my fourth red hero… ascension material is so scarce that i have to think it throughly

To be honest mate I think Tyr is amazing, one of my most wanted heroes.

Depends on you’re team set up but I think Tyr is your best option in general

1 Like

I have mitsy, grazul and marjana maxed.
The thing with tyr is that he shares emblems with poseidon, kingston and magni. Thats why i was leaning towards gkong

His stats are unbalanced
His def is un-necessarily low
His high attk and high hp do not make up for it

I use him on offense, not def. He often dies before he can get his special off

1 Like

His defense is definitely a problem at sub 600 when maxed. I have barbarian emblems laying around so I’m putting them on defense/attack. He will be pretty good when finished.

869, 694, 1562 will be his final stats. With a 10% defense boost pairing him with Falcon and jackal, that should up him to 765 defense pre-troop bonuses…not too shabby and He will still have that potent attack.

I am still torn… pulled him during last guardian event. I have in reds maxed so far red hood, Marjana, puss in boots and Tyr… I need something for attack rather than defense, and ideally suitable against this GTV center… options are: Santa, JF, Marjana dupe and the monkey…
Voted Santa already out, as too slow and no need for red tank. JF seems halt to counter vela damage when bringing reds, so I tend to ascend him, but I also like the new monkey cleanse… so, are there any valid points to pick him for above mentioned purpose?

He is not the answer to gtv unfortunately.

If you can emblem up his def and hv a lvl 23 mana troop, he can be good.

LOL. No single hero can defeat the GTV defensive trio. You need a combination of 3 heroes to combat it. And since it is a must to eliminate the green tank ASAP early on, the best element to do that job is a stack of reds as it is the strong color against nature heroes. Guardian Kong along with Mitsuko and Grazul would be a fine combo. Add to the mix Zimkitha for an extra cleanser at fast mana. The 5th hero would be up to you.

For someone whose accounts always has a biased in giving him nichest of AOE heroes, I’m surprised G kong eluded me all this time. Would love to get this beast. If you’re using him, you probably use falcon too and the family bonus does boost defence. So at least a free 5% defence right off the bat

1 Like

I happen to have both Kong and Falcon and enjoy using them together alot. They are quite effective together and the 5% buff is nice too.

1 Like

Anyone take GK to node 20 for emblems? I just hit 18 and I am looking at node 19. I’m stuck between the defense node and the mana node. I think it’s a shame that the defense bonus node will cost 125 emblems and only raise his defense 17 points. Especially when a regular defense node only costs 50 and will at least add 18 defense points. @Guvnor Is this a bug maybe? Or does the defense bonus draw from the base defense points? Cause his current defense with nodes is 677 and 3% would at least be 20.
The mana node almost seems a better investment emblem wise.

It’s from the base stats no bug here

1 Like

was afraid that was the case. makes it sad his base defense was so low the 3% can’t match a regular def node.

I do love using Guardian Kong. He is usually my second when stacking reds. But I wish I could have put a little into his atk instead of having to put it all in def.

I agree its stats should be revamp in light of the new powercreep. Reduce its HP by 100/150 and up its base defense by at least 100.

I could see the health/def exchange being done, but I’d take even just 50 def for 100 health.

Here’s a +20 (attack path) if anyone would like it for reference.

Barring a really good pull from somewhere pretty soon, I’m probably going to LB him. I’ll post again when finished if I do.

4 Likes

Slightly different from mine. I think by now I would choose full-attack path, too. :slight_smile: Did you choose the mana node? I went for the shield.

1 Like