Guardian Hippo and ally dispell

Hello,

I think Guardian Hippo should be able to make damage even after Snow White uses its special skill but right now it does not.

It seems Guardian Hippo will only trigger if it still has its own buff at the end of the ally skill but the card does not specify it, it only says that the ally has to cast its special skill:

So it should not matter if Guardian Hippo has its own buff at the end of the ally skill as it had it when the ally special skill is triggered.

Thanks.

1 Like

This is working as intended.

The first line of Hippo’s skill is “buff” in which Hippo damage the enemie if an ally uses the skill.
So if Snow White removes all buffs, Hippo will not be able to damage the enemy because Hippo no longer has the aforementioned “buff”.
Even if Snow White removes Hippo’s “buff”, if Hippo damages the enemy, technically there is a strange phenomenon that “Hippo will damage the enemy with or without the buff”.

1 Like

I understand your point but i still think this is at least confusing (or a bug).
Dispell is a special skill.
I don’t see any “strange phenomenon” as Hippo has its own buff when ally special skill is triggered.
It should not matter what the ally skill is doing and Hippo damage should always be triggered.
If the effect of the ally special skill does matter then it should be specified in the “?” mark to warn about exceptions (like dispell).

Well, at least like Queen Guowang’s mana receive, I think there should be a note that Hippo’s skill doesn’t damage enemies with friendly dispel skills.

1 Like

While the text in the card is not changed, this must be considered as a bug as there is no exception mentionned for ally dispell (like new hero Queen Guowang card).

You are so mistaken and still insist. Sad

Huh? Queen Guowang’s is clearly a defensive buff to discourage offensive dispelling.

On the other hand, Hippo’s buff is clear as day.

Buff present = true; deal damage after an ally casts a special.

Buff present = false; do nothing.

If Snow White or Anna Belle or any other hero removes Hippo’s buff before Hippo goes off, in what way is it logical for Hippo to still go off while not having his buff active when it needs it in order to deal the damage?

Not really sure where the confusion is since Hippo’s card is clear.

4 Likes

“If Snow White or Anna Belle or any other hero removes Hippo’s buff before Hippo goes off”:
If this is clear as you say, there would be no need to mention in Guowang’s card that the mana is not received if there is a dispell as it would be logical and implicit for everyone.
But they specify it, so this needs clarification for Hippo too as the mechanism is the same (triggers a status effect if someone else skill is used).

What? Hippo’s is implicit because he needs the buff to do the damage. If it’s not there, then it doesn’t do damage, regardless of if it’s an ally or enemy that dispells it.

While Hippo’s buff is active his turn comes up after an ally fires a special. If an ally or enemy dispels him before his turn comes up, he no longer has the buff. If he doesn’t have the buff, how do you expect him to fire?

Queen G needs her description because it’s a defensive buff and mana is given when an enemy dispells it. Not when an ally dispells it. So, since it’s ONLY one side that affects the damage dealing, it should state which side and in this case it’s the enemy side.

Again, this isn’t hard to understand.

2 Likes

It is not a “turn”, it is a status effect triggered automatically.
Again, same mechanism as with Guowang the buff is needed too to trigger the mana effect, if it is dispelled no mana received. That is why they specify it, not because it is a “defensive buff” non-sense explanation.
So, they need to write something like “Status effect will not be triggered if it is removed during a Special Skill.” for Hippo or they can remove that clarification from Queen Guowang and make it implicit for every hero with the same mechanism.

So, using the logic I see here, all taunters should also have a little blurb which points out that enemies can attack all this heroes allies if taunt is dispelled. Or maybe something which lets you know that Mindless attack will no longer affect the target if it is cleansed. And riposte will no longer reflect damge back if it is dispelled

Come one, this is a troll surely. We all understand how buffs work. We all understand how dispel & cleanse works. How could this “issue” possibly be a bug or not working as intended?

Just one gamer’s opinion

Game Well :sunglasses: :mechanical_arm: :wolf:

1 Like

Yes, so why bother explaining the “dispell” exception in Guowang’s card ? No need to. You all made your point and i made mine. Until this is not clarified by a moderator or a game developer, we are only giving our opinions and can’t affirm anything about this being a mistake on the card or not.

Read the entire thing I wrote before answering with nonsense. Turn, as in his “turn” to deal damage after an ally casts a special. Maybe this is why you’re having trouble with context and logic.

No it’s not. In order for her damage from vengeance to apply, it has to be dispelled by an enemy and ONLY enemy. This is why it was specified. And it is a defensive buff to discourage dispelling by the enemy. You can dispel, but you’ll take damage. Riposte also allows you to attack, but you’ll take damage if you do.

This is clearly futile. I’m sure vast majority understand what’s happening and there is no issue here. You enjoy your own echo chamber here. Cheers.

1 Like

Because Queen Gouwang’s effect upon dispel is conditional on how and who it was dispelled by. Hippo’s is not

And I am not giving an opinion here. I’m stating facts. This is NOT a bug and is working exactly as intended. I’ll wager anything you want (Within reason) on this

Game Well :sunglasses: :mechanical_arm: :wolf:

Focus please, i speak about the first part of the skill (mana received) not the second one (Vengeance).

The first one is:
“All allies get 10% mana every time an enemy uses their Special Skill during 4 turns. Mana is received at the end of the Special Skill. Mana will not be received if this status effect is removed during a Special Skill.”

It is even specified that mana will be received at the end of the special skill. Why bother mention the end of the turn and the dispell case ? Should be logic and implicit no ?

This is not a fact, it is an opinion unless you can quote something written by devs or moderator stating that if a special skill is conditionnal on it is an ennemy or ally skill then it must be specified which type of skill can make exception or not. If not, Hippo card needs the clarification too.

Read your original post. You’re all over the place. Sorry you can’t understand what’s happening.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.