ℹ Guardian Hippo – 5* Ice / Blue from Guardians of Teltoc

New Guardians of Teltoc hero is released: Guardian Hippo

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Guardian Hippo, as well as your thoughts on Guardian Hippo.

Guardian Hippo

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Barbarian
F
Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 892 843 1598
4/90 1021 965 1828
Origin Family
Challenge Festival Guardian
Image Aether Power Description
fiend-resist Fiend Resist At the start of each battle, this Hero is immune to new Fiends for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Brutal Support
  • For the next 3 turns, this character deals 225% damage to all enemies each time another ally casts their Special Skill. Damage is dealt on the first Special Skill cast of each character per turn.
  • All alies get +34% mana generation for 3 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Guardian Family Bonus

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Guardian Hippo from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on new Guardians of Teltoc Hero - Guardian Hippo [Part of The Beta Beat v54]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Guardian Hippo ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Guardian Hippo.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Guardian Hippo and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Guardian Hippo worth summoning for?

• Would you use Guardian Hippo on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Guardian Hippo ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Guardian Hippo as an opponent?

• Would you give Guardian Hippo Barbarian Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Guardian Hippo’s character design?

• If you Summoned Guardian Hippo and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Guardian Hippo, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Guardian Hippo when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Guardian Hippo, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Guardian Hippo (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Guardian Hippo), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

6 Likes

Feedback Poll - Guardian Hippo (post release)

:question: Is Guardian Hippo worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Guardian Hippo would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Guardian Hippo’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Conditional)
  • Mana Generation Buffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Guardian Hippo compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Guardian Hippo’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Guardian Hippo’s Base Stats?

Note this means Guardian Hippo’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Guardian Hippo worth giving Barbarian Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Guardian Hippo is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Guardian Hippo is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Guardian Hippo worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Guardian Hippo then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

1 Like

Just hopping to charge your heroes within 3 turns
After the first special it will become a bit more dangerous helping the other heroes to become faster. if I am not mistaking drooping a tile or two depending on other mana boosts

What exactly has changed?

you are right for some reason I was thinking about initial damage and higher after

I am torn between him and gazelle costume…who do I like more??? :thinking:

5 Likes

get both, cant go wrong with neither lol

4 Likes

Good luck with that tho.

I like Hippo. Not really essential but I do like unusual mechanics and this hippo has one. I can imagine to pair him with 4 ninjas. All of them should be charged once Hippo is so fire him then all ninjas and Game Over, Man. Also Ametyst after Hippo firing is at least 200% + 225% of dmg and some fiends. Nasty.

Not really efficient on defense (but I might be proven wrong; him as tank could work somewhat reliably and at VF he can become really nasty) but on offense he’ll be a Total Game Breaker with correct setup.

9 Likes

A mana booster at fast speed?! Yowza… This hungry hippo will be a nice add to my W3K team…or any team for that matter.

1 Like

Good support dps on offense. As main attack color, there are already powerful hit-3 blues. So not really useful there.

So fire Guardian Hippo, then Morel, and any other hero (doesn’t even matter lol) and you are doing:

Activate Guardian Hippo
Fire Morel, who does 180% + 30% damage (first activation) and defense down to all
Guardian Hippo does 225% to all
Fire e.g. Lord Loki or any other blue for another, say, 250% damage
Guardian Hippo does 225% to all

That’s what, 210% + 225% +250% + 225% to all… seems a bit excessive for fast…

5 Likes

Yes, it will be hard to counter so they need to release a few Fast/Very fast, riposte to self and nearby allies, 5* to deal with this. Only one right now is Obakan costumes.

2 Likes

I will do a 10x summon and around 5 coin pulls. I expect to recieve feeder heros.

8 Likes

As attack hero it can be good, as a defense not so much, one or two dispellers or skill blocker will neutralize it

The meta has certainly shifted towards buffs that trigger effects, it’s the same with luna

1 Like

Wow … Hippo!!! As it’s beats the crocodiles in the water :sweat_drops: like the same it’s going to beat the enemies in this game… !!! Cheers :clinking_glasses: hippo i will Share my Beer if you join in my roster

6 Likes

This thread is totally useless for me :melting_face:

3 Likes

Hmmm…interesting ! Why ?

2 Likes

Hipoo is activated after other heroes?or is the other way around that you fire fire Hippo first?

I suppose he do this 225% only once? Then Hippo is deactivated?

Happy gaming

2 Likes

You will need to activate hippo first then his ability will trigger on each subsequent special fired afterwards.

5 Likes