ℹ Guardian Chameleon – 5* Nature/Green from Guardians of Teltoc

I still have him from last time.

Has anyone actually sussed out how to use him yet? :joy:

1 Like

Margaret after buff is really not a bad hero at all. She’s certainly no big damage dealer, but she does pick off those stragglers. But her dodge is impressively good now.

I think that Guardian Chameleon is a really cool idea, but in practice of limited usefulness. And it’s just funny watching him flail on the boss levels in Teltoc – “Ha ha, Balthasar, I have made you yellow! Quake in fear!” “You do realize that I just used all the purple tiles and have a sea of yellow in front of you now?” Had one battle where I went from 3-2 purple/red to 3/2 yellow/green to 3/2 purple/blue, always having all the tiles I wanted of my new colors…

4 Likes

Worst hero of all.
Funniest hero of all.

Crazy suicidal…

IMO, he is by far the cutest hero we have. I love his artwork but his ability is such a flop. I like that they took a risk with a new idea but it’s just so unhelpful. He tends to help me more when he’s on the enemy side because i just exhausted my tiles and now get to use the ones i didn’t want to use.

I wish he was more in the vein of a 5* Cheshire. Switch up the tank to a wing so it becomes less useful and poison everyone badly.

4 Likes

He is to niche, Margaret is awesome after the buff… and extra fast. I’d ascend her first

I pulled Chameleon last Teltoc. I wasn’t really happy because my only other green 5 star was Margaret to that time, who was aweful back then. I was more excited about Elkanen from TC 20 a few days later. Now I also have Telly maxed and Lianna soon to be maxed (4.31 currently). And then I am actually looking forward to lvl Chameleon. I was disappointed because when I got him, because I needed green heroes with more overall-usabiltiy. But now as I have some, I think Chameleon could be a fun hero to play with… his special is really out of the box and requires some more strategy. That makes him interesting. And I have a :heart: for the outsiders :wink:

1 Like

Chameleon is one of the better support heroes in the game. I posted this in the previous thread:

And since then I’ve gone on to ascend him and give him emblems. The change to 4 turns on the color shift was a bit disappointing, but he is still on of the best attacking support heroes available.

Again, for people who don’t quite see it, the color shift is neutral or positive for 4 of 5 colors, and the one that it’s negative for is already weak to green.

I don’t get why he’s so overlooked.

6 Likes

Seems like the color change is going on the wrong direction. Why would red change to green?

For example, if you raid against a blue tank team, you would naturally flank with one or two reds. So in a green stack against blue tank team, after killing the blue tank with green tiles, wouldn’t you want to turn the reds flanks into blues to utilize your green stack?

Red should change to blue, not green. Should change to weak element, not strong element.

6 Likes

Stop nitpicking on color change alone. It is a disruption. You don’t get the effect alone, and you need both aoe dispel and aoe cleanse to undo what GC does, or you are in a big disadvantage, even if color change is in opponents favor.
You can use him in a rainbow setting to minimize color change side effects.

Bringing him in with any mono color stack is only advisable against specific titan, where you don’t have any respective options. Even so you will need mana pots, etc to use him timely and not worry about filling him along with the strong color.

Using mono in raids is gamble in itself regardless of x hero within team.

1 Like

This is a thread about Guardian Chameleon. Element change is his defining feature. And it’s not like I’ve been going on and on about it. Are you kidding me?

6 Likes

I don’t have him, but I agree he is nice to come up against. Especially when you play mono. I have been running mono on the event with all dark heroes. Several times he switched them to all holy right when I had cleared the last of the purples from the board and had a nice stack of yellow. I would clear those and then fire Rigard to switch back.

2 Likes

I do not know any other hero with same/similar ability so yeah I’m talking about Grand Camouflage, we are on same topic. All I’m saying is he does does three things “together” and trust me when I’m saying that, color change is the least deadly of them. Removing crit+attack buff on all his allies is more priority, especially if there are big aoe hitters with him. When they fire- loaded with his buffs, they will not discriminate :smiley:

If you have Chameleon in attack, who is the hero who could withdraw his skill on color changes? I search but I can’t find who could do this …

I know Mad Hatter steals buffs, but the color change is a debuff, so you can’t divert it, only dispell it.
Maybe this tavern hero Myzterio or smt…

1 Like

I had Mystère in mind but I have neither Chameleon nor Mystère. Thank you for your answer.:grin:

Chameleon as a boss in that last legendary stage is brutal if you don’t dispell that buff.

1 Like

Afaik, there is no hero that could do that. Snow White would eliminate Chameleons effect entirely, because she also dispells status effects from allies. And there is no other hero that dispells all status effects from the enemy.

Myztero’s effect is memorizing the status ailments he takes and firing them to the enemy. He doesn’t diespell anything.

You said his synergies with Tarlak are the cats meow, but you were talking raid attack only I take it. Pair those two up with Ratatoskr and holy moly!!

I’m thinking he’s not exactly the best guy to bring along on a blue TITAN with a green 5tack however… any insight on that?

Anyone got a video or at least instructions on a team / situation where he works well?

Interested in this as well. Wondering if this was a wasted 5 star pull

Agreed, had the weirdest night last night.

Despite many attempts across the past 18 months worth of events had never summoned an event 5*… then last night decided to do 3 random summons late at night

1. G.Owl
  2. G.chamelon
  3. Justice (dupe)

Back to back to back.
Mind boggling odds… but such a waste of luck

Imagine if it was Gazelle and Panther (or Kong) :drooling_face:

5 Likes