Guardian Bat in 3* Tournament: Feedback Request

There were several of us that mentioned using Guardian Bat on our tournament defense teams this week, I’m wondering how players have felt who’ve faced him in battle. I’ve been hoping to get a chance to watch him at work but haven’t fought him yet. Any feedback from players who actually fought him in this tourney would be super appreciated since he’s so new.

How effective was the Bat? Was he easy or difficult to deal with or kill? Did he perform as his card stats would suggest (ie, outlast a couple of team kills and then hit like a hammer)? Was he a laughable easy kill? Did your opinion of him change at all after fighting him?

Any thoughts or insights are appreciated.

6 Likes

I put him on left wing, so very interested too :slightly_smiling_face:

Currently 3 wins, 2 losses on defence

2 Likes

I faced him once as a right flank. Wasn’t very memorable and went down quickly. Now Chochin was a PIA to face (and the ai made solid targeting choices).

4 Likes

That good info Jonah, I should’ve mentioned the same.

I put him on Right Wing, 4 wins, 2 losses on defense

1 Like

Haven’t faced him yet but he’s on my defense and I’ve been using him on offense the whole time as well for some reason. Defense is 6-2 and offense is 9-1.

1 Like

The AI has been making solid targeting choices against me everywhere lately. Double/triple teaming, anybody charged or critically weak, avoiding reposte, ugh

2 Likes

I’ve faced him a lot this tournament and he’s been a pain. About a 50/50 win/lose depending which acct I was on. My small acct had a very tough time with limited heroes to go against him. Larger acct didn’t have much of a problem.

2 Likes

I tried him twice on offense and he was first killed both times lol so I gave up on him. I’ll have to give him another try after seeing your success.

1 Like

Do you remember where people placed him and if that affected the outcome?

Similar to Owl, it looks like he’s designed as a Hail Mary after his team mates have died

Faced once think was 2nd to last to die was quite a easy match but the team wasn’t all that really plus there troops too.

2 Likes

I’ve been using him because of his defense and hp mostly… trying to use a stack that can take a few shots instead of my other 3s that seem to die from a few slash stacks, he’s been decently durable. Team I’m to lazy to switch up is c hawk - c tyrum - Bauchan - bat - belith

1 Like

Do you guys think this might be a “best case scenario” for him since it’s Rush Atk and excludes Holy? I was thinking either this or Bloody Battle since his hit points are so high.

1 Like

This might trigger him too early? I guess it’s very difficult to guess

That’s definitely possible, I was thinking that might be mitigated by getting to fire him a couple times.

1 Like

It was a pretty easy fight mainly cause i stacked red and had a red diamond after the first turn. Probably the best board i will see all tourny. Lead to a quick fight 4 rounds. So I wouldn’t read too much into how well the bat holds up on def from this one instance.

1 Like

Haven’t faced the bat yet. It’s in my defense which is 2-2 right now. Pretty hard to say with that few results

I would expect this defense to be B or A with almost any damage doer in the bat’s spot. But I can imagine some scenarios where bat would do well, I just don’t know how often they really come up. I doubt it’s hurting the defense though. I mean anyway I lost one to a Graymane Ulmer double blue middle with no green tiles in sight… lol :man_shrugging:

1 Like

That’s a nice team with or without Bat, Bauchan especially seems to be kind of an all-star in these Rush tourneys.

1 Like

One thing is your troops only a level one. From what I remember it’s good to take them to only a level 5-6 that is a steady level will make rare quests be easier and give a bit of help in these tournaments.
I only have 1 set at 5-6 and few at 3 as I normally run 2-2-1 on offence

2 Likes

Yeah I may eventually but for now I’m still putting all my feeders into my big mana troops. I have a set at 23 and bringing another to 17. Makes a huge difference for various team synergies in war. At some point I may start throwing 1 star feeders into lower troops or I may work up a 3rd set of 4 star mana. Shaving off tiles to charge in war is a bigger focus for me

Doing pretty well for me.

4 Likes

Cookie Settings