Guaranteed way to win the war - bug

Some staff (not all) have returned from holiday, but it is nearly 9:00 PM Helsinki time. I’ve sent a message to them through my channels. We may now have to wait.

9 Likes

I would like to think this isn’t the norm as you are costing yourself war chest participation. I for one would not do it, but if someone has an alt account they don’t care about… :thinking:

5 Likes

Our alliance is at 26 members currently. So we get matched against like 25-27 members. Would be easy and smart for an alliance to add a dummy account that jumped ship every war with this bug in mind.

Not very sporting. But smart :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t expect to encounter the bug out in the wild. But it’s certainly something of a nightmare scenario for anyone who enjoys wars

5 Likes

I really hope that it’s just a fortunate coincidence that we found that.
But you’re right, it’s gonna work with twin accounts.

Thanks for reaching for the SG team! =)

3 Likes

They are working!
Received 2 replies today from 2 different staff members today!
It was faster than usual so I’m pretty sure they’re aware if it was reported properly via ticket

3 Likes

Linking this for cross reference, it may be the same issue.

8 Likes

I suspect it’s a communication issue. I think battles take place on your phone and then results are sent back to the server. That’s why a communication loss results in zero points even when you’ve done damage to the opponent.

In this case the server is waiting for the battle results from your phone but got a “left the alliance” flag from the opponent and is not coordinating the two. Essentially the battle opponent no longer exists on the server. It has been replaced. So no acknowledgement is received by the server to end the battle.

If that is the case they will need to add something to delay leaving the alliance if you are currently being attacked in war.

3 Likes

Is there a way to punish those who may wish to exploit this on Wednesday, this topic has blown up and may cause more people try and do the same.

1 Like

In the previous User agreement we had a clause about exploiting game backdoors for own advantage.

Not sure if we have it now.
Anyone read the new one before accepting? )))

2 Likes

Well I wonder how often this will be used now that it’s out there? Good catch @LatiyFundiy!!
Hopefully it’s just a rare bug but it seems that team is using it as a way to win? Maybe it can be easily fixed…:woozy_face:

2 Likes

Well now we all have to try replicating it…for science…yeah that’s the scientific method.

Actually I do wonder how many people are going to try this on the next war now. Sad to say I’m sure more than a few.

8 Likes

I agree. 20 characters

I foresee a slew of level 12s in the Wednesday wars…for science of course.

Well at least make sure you record your results :face_with_monocle:

tumblr_cb6d1dfa563490f4ecdf811a3ef117c7_521a3000_500

11 Likes

Перестройка загружается на твой компьютер уже сейчас!
Покайся!

I repent!

3 Likes

Good boy, you’ll receive a new GM, bear and balalayka for New Years.

2 Likes

Not sure it we’ll be punished for flood, noone will read down till these replies anyway…

2 Likes

Thank you for report - we’ll investigate this here as soon as possible!

26 Likes

@zephyr1 it appears to be the same issue I reported over a year ago. :worried: The devs marked this as corrected a few months ago. Looks like it may have snuck back in.

@Petri not sure how the devs keep track of changes, but in the thread @zephyr1 linked there is a post from you showing an approximate date of correction. That might help the team identify the correction if this is indeed the exact issue.

6 Likes