Gryph, Doc - Can I get your advice?

Subject
F2P roster

Well this was an interesting puzzle.

Legendary training x1

Click for details

I would stop running 2x Legendary training ( RT20 ). Legendary training goes from an average of a 4* hero per ten days ( one camp ) to five days ( two camps ). For a F2P it consumes a lot of recruits and food for very little return since you are sacrificing an Extra low cost training ( RT11 ) which is very slow but very high Hero XP per recruit. With a good set of 4* / 5* heroes you are better off chasing Epic Hero Tokens and Atlantis coins ( Season 2 normal is worth 810 )

rainbow 3* 3.50 / 4* 3.60 teams

You have a decent selection of 3* 3.50 and 4* 3.60 heroes for color stacking.

Wu Kong- Fine Gloves 1 of 3

It is worth building a team around Wu Kong. Currently there are only three heroes I would level solo, Wu Kong is one. Use rainbow feeder heroes to level up Wu Kong to 4* 4.70. He is very fragile so it helps to run 2x healers with him, and 4* 4.70 will give him a lot more defense and HP then 4* 3.60.

He is not great for defense, but that is true of a lot of Classic yellow 4* Heroes. Still my Wu Kong 4* 4.70 was on my defense team until I leveled Guardian Jackal to 4* 4.70 and then Joon to 5* 3.70 .

Rainbow 4* team- Fine Gloves 2- 3 of 3

After Wu Kong is 4* 4.70, then level Sabina ( purple ) , Grimm ( blue ) , Scarlett ( red ) to 4* 4.70 to use purple, blue and red feeder heroes.

Either Hu Tao to 4* 3.60 for farming or Vivica to 5* 3.70 to use yellow feeder heroes.

Mother North to 5* 3.70 or Tarlak to 5* 2.60 to use green feeder heroes.

Waiting for Godot, er, Fine Gloves no. 4

Reflect damage is a very good attack special ability - not as good on defense. If you still do not have more Fine Gloves, level Cyprian to 4* 4.70 using rainbow feeder heroes. If still waiting, level Sabina to 4* 3.60 using rainbow feeder heroes.

rainbow 5* team

I would like more depth to your 4* roster before you level any 5* heroes higher than 5* 2.60 since it requires 3* ascension items but 5* 3.70 are less powerful than 4* 4.70 heroes, require more Hero XP to get their, and are less common for a F2P than 4* heroes.

F2P - the patient ones

Click for more F2P or C2P advice

One way a F2P can even the playing field is Extra Low Cost training ( RT11 ). I currently have in Legendary training 15 unclaimed heroes ( waiting for Hero Academy ) and Extra Low cost training has 4211 unclaimed heroes - spread across 3x camps - waiting for a good rainbow 5* 2.60 team or a Wu Kong level 4* hero.

Twice I have used this wealth of unclaimed training to level a hero from 4* 1.1 to 4* 4.70 in less than a day - first with purple 4* Proteus and second with red 4* Wilbur - both are tricky to use, but very powerful.

If I was missing them from my roster, I would use this wealth, and level the following to 4* 3.60 when I finally got them and then 4* 4.70 when I finally got the 3* ascension items - Wu Kong, Rigard, Melendor, Grimm, Scarlett ( the original, insanely, over powered Wu Kong cascade squad - the only you are missing is Rigard but Boldtusk or Sabina can hold down his slot ), Boldtusk ( Revive talent + 27% Heal ), Tiburtus ( Pierce talent + Ramming Pulverizer ). Honorable mentions ( both of which you are currently missing ): Kiril ( 28% Heal and Blessed Brew + Jinx talent ), Little John ( Delay talent, Attack all for farming, reduced mana generation for Bosses, and very high attack stat ).

Useful Notes

Click for useful notes

Wu Kong

Some idea for emblems
Classic 4* heroes and emblems or Gryphonknight's emblem spending plan EXPOSED

Old Post - so outdated - but an interesting starting point for discussion of 3* heroes
[Play style] Gryphonknight's 4* & 3* leveling planner EXPOSED! or might as well share on the forums

Off color, 1 day, power leveling, or why I am hoarding finished heroes
[Play style] Free, 1 day, 5* Hero 1.1 to 4.80 leveling or hoarding finished heroes- Update 1x to 5x 5* 4.80 chart

Looks like 1* / 2* Tourneys are coming. If you are out of 3* / 4* ascension items and 3* heroes to level, you can always level 1* / 2* but it helps if you are Cheap 2 Play since roster slots are tight for F2P.
ARCHIVED - 1* / 2* Tournament teams before 136 votes removed them from Empires

Raw Notes

Click for Raw notes, only for my future reference

Mostly for future my reference if the OP has questions.

Wu Kong
Melendor +3
Sabina 3.60 ( finish Sorcerer )
Grimm 4.42 ( 4.70 or higher )
Scarlett 3.60 ( finish Rogue )

Fighter Boldtusk +5
Ranger Tiburtus +3
Sorcerer Sabina

Wu Kong ( 1 day level )
Melendor +3
Sabina 3.60 ( finish Sorcerer )
Boldtusk +5