👺 Grimsteel - 5* Ice / Blue from Goblin Village

New Goblin Village hero is released: Grimsteel

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Grimsteel, as well as your thoughts on Grimsteel.

Grimsteel

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Paladin
S
Slow
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 1136 1196 1995
4/90 1300 1369 2283
Origin Family
Goblin Village Goblin
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Effects on Special Skill
60% chance to perform the following actions when this character casts their Special Skill
Deals 90% damage to all enemies.
All enemies get -25% accuracy for 3 turns.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Spirits of the Mountain
  • Recovers 54% health for all allies.
  • Growth: All allies get 450 attack and 400 defense.
  • All allies get +30% mana generation for 4 turns. If the effect is removed before the durantion ends, the target with effect gets +10% mana.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique heroes of the same family

Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• Each time this Hero takes damage from the enemy’s Special Skill, removes 50% / 75% / 100% boosted health from all enemies.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2024

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Attack is decreased from 1001 to 997
  • Defense is increased from 947 to 1050.
  • Health is increased from 1540 to 1695.
  • Healing is increased from 35% to 54%.
  • Attack Growth is increased from 200 to 400, and now defense is also increased with 400.
  • Cleanse skill is removed.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Goblin Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v61]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Grimsteel ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Grimsteel.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Grimsteel and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Grimsteel worth summoning for?

• Would you use Grimsteel on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Grimsteel ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Grimsteel as an opponent?

• Would you give Grimsteel Paladin Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Grimsteel’s character design?

• If you Summoned Grimsteel and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Grimsteel, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Grimsteel when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Grimsteel, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Grimsteel (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Grimsteel), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Grimsteel (post release)

:question: Is Grimsteel worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Grimsteel would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Grimsteel’s Primary Purpose is?

• Healer (Immediate)
  • Attack and defense Increaser
  • Mana generation buffer
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Grimsteel compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Grimsteel’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Grimsteel’s Base Stats?

Note this means Grimsteel’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Grimsteel worth giving Paladin Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Grimsteel is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Grimsteel is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Grimsteel worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Grimsteel then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

Only downside is being Slow, other than that solid support hero

5 Likes

Oh thanks…I’m reading this and thinking what a great support hero but I hadn’t even noticed the speed. Still a solid score if you can land one. :blush:

3 Likes

I really approve of this artwork.

Superb job.

Put that next to a Toon and ask yourself which is

a) objectively better artwork
b) more in keeping with the game’s existing aesthetic

12 Likes

Absolutely agree! Great artwork!
Garbage Goblin though. At least there is Kettle, so it´s not the worst Goblin in the game, but he´s fighting the mega minions for second worst (and I think he might be winning that battle lol)

3 Likes

The hero card is updated with the changes.
Polls are enabled.

2 Likes

This is what kettle should have been as a fn slow hero

6 Likes

Not sure if I agree with that assessment lol, despite being slow he is a pretty good support hero. I would prefer him over Leafwhisk or B&F :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Having all of them, none of them will ever be leveled up. I know you enough from forum that I guess that you wouldn’t level up this one?
In that case, you running out of blue :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::face_exhaling:

Happy gaming

I think it’s fair to say that some people hate the imagery/artwork of goblin etc. characters. It’s not what we signed up for.

E&P was introduced to us with a storyline provided by the likes of Vivica, Elena and Richard and through the utility of Layla, Sharon and Bane … Now we are given this goblin sh!te.

I think that E&P look at situations like this where goblins aren’t popular throughout the player base and think that they’ve made them too weak and buff them further.

1 Like

To Grimsteel falls the “honour” of being Hero #1001.

4 Likes

If anyone unfortunate enough has him, they can drop him off at the nearest firehouse. Please inform me which firehouse, and I’ll just tell them I lost him.

1 Like

400 Att & 400 Def, is one heckuva buff. He doesn’t need to fire much to jazz up the attack damage and the % heal is phenomenal (54%), one of the better ones in the game. Stick any on of the many healers that do something terrible to the other team (Sha, Shaal, Aramis and even Ukk, Luna or Darkfeather) and this hero will be a nightmare.

Slow mana, sure, but there are severe consequences if he does fire, that’s what slow heroes are supposed to provide.

8 Likes

Even if he doesn’t get into regular raids, he will be a nightmare in V fast. And he should be useful for Mythics too. So much heal and a def buff and attack buff that cannot be removed is not going to be easy to handle.

2 Likes

Hah, my first thought when I saw him.
“Wow, he looks cool” and went to this thread :smiley:

2 Likes

Excellent point @drdare ,

Goldie was helpful on Mythics
Darkfeather was excellent
therefore
Grimsteel will be THE hero for a while with that intense attack boost.

1 Like

I think this goblin could be a monster tank. He has huge defensive stats, pair him with the correct LT and he’s going to be very hard to kill. Slow speed would only count for his first special, after that with the mana gain he’ll be firing faster. That +/-400 wither and growth will cripple you if he fires twice. If I pulled him I would LB2 him for sure. Gets my vote :+1:

6 Likes

Wish they hadn’t removed the cleanse, but the 400 defense up is a decent trade-off. I wouldn’t be upset if it showed up for sure

2 Likes

12 Likes