Grimmwood Forest - no chance to beat Red Hoot

Some of you say she is no problem, but you fail to communicate what battle it is. Mine was her 1st appearance in legendary. I did beat her in epic, but that took over 1/2 hour to do.

1 Like

I played that level this morning (the team I used is in an earlier post). Red Hood was able to do one fox summon, which I removed using 2 axes, before I defeated her a few turns later. She’s tricky, but certainly beatable.

If you’re having trouble using the team you described, try changing up your items or your strategy. Try not to hit her directly with tiles; that just makes her charge mana quickly and summon more foxes. Rather, ghosting (i.e. clearing tiles so that they don’t hit anything) and using specials to damage her is the way to go.

2 Likes

I wrote, finished epic and legendary challenge with Merlin, Melendor, Rigard, Wu Kong and Boril (epic)/ Alasie 3/70 (legendary). Not the best roster but it worked with first time.

I used bombs for Red Hood. Every time when her Special skill was activated, straight away I used bomb. Actually bomb or Merlin if he was ready to shoot.

I really need some advice here, the image currently shows my most powerful heroes and I tried 3 diff combinations numbered with diff colors 5 times with no luck. I lack dragon attacks and bombs, so have to rely on heroes for bulk of the fire power.

Just wanted to ask if there is any way I can beat stage 10 legendary? If not then last option would be to use gems.

Try with Kiril, Grimm, LJ, Caedmon, and Delilah in that order. Bring axes, mana potions, arrows and antidotes. Save your items for the boss level. Before you kill the last mob on each level, ghost tiles to charge all your specials and heal your heroes, then move on. Use Kiril to buff your attack and defense, then Grimm to lower their defense, then LJ to slow their mana, Caedmon to dispel the riposte, etc. Target the same hero each time until they’re down. Specials, items, tiles, specials, items, tiles. Focus on Red first, then blue, then purple

1 Like

I gad the same. Power of my team is almost 3400 (epic team). I was fighting about 40 minute with Red Hood without any results. So how to defat Red Hood? I used every artefakt I have. I think it is a big big mistake fith power of tnis girl.

Just for Info, lvl 10 can be beaten, a friend used Merlin on average and hard and beaten lvl10 Esch in one time. I’m to weak for hard, so I cannot tell from myside how this one would have ended, but in the end after a view tries I won lvl 10 on average. I don’t have Merlin but my Zyprian did kill red hood in the end, or infact, she killed her self, slowly but surely.
Have a try and have fun.

Its just another challenge event that can’t be beat on any tier unless you fit a certain player profile. I’ve been playing for 4 months and its the same people that win the event every time.

Tried all the combos, but in the end it was wu Kong that came to the rescue, he was 1-1 and I tested him along with Kiril, Delilah, LJ, Caedmon, failed first time coz wu Kong was killed but still at 1-1 he was able to kill red hood. On the 2nd attempt, I leveled up wu Kong for two days, used all my heroes which i was saving for gravemaker on wu Kong, and when he reached 3rd ascension level 1, I tried again and yipeeee legendary completed and best pat is it only took 7.2 mins.

In short, the heroes used were:
Caedmon 4-43
LJ 3-60
Kiril 4-70
Delilah 3-50
Wu Kong 3-1

Battle items used
10 mana potions for 100 mana each
5 mana potions for 250 each I guess
5 axes
5 healing potions 500 each to keep wu Kong alive and had 0 when I reached the boss stage.

I think I was pretty lucky with wu Kong as LJ hit all of them while hwu’s special was active.

So, i must say it was challenging but doable with these heroes.

1 Like

I burned through epic and 9/10 legendary missions without a single maxed hero. The last one is tough though. Gonna need some good luck to pull that one off.

edit: replaced Jack with Belith and completed.

Each time you detroy her minion, her mana is full and she summons another minion.
After 17 minutes I fled. How long should I have tried it? 10 hours or so?

Look at the timer and the HP she lost at that point. I guess even in 10 hours I wouldn’t have beaten her. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You don’t really have any damage dealers on your team. So you are hoping for tiles to go your way.

I would add some damage dealers and bring some items to deal damage.

Even if your not going for time you want to beat them quickly and not give them a chance to fire their special.

2 Likes

Tile damage is everything when it comes to big single bosses (like Titans). Therefore I have brought Kiril for buffing my heroes, Wilbur for weakening the enemy and Caedmon for debuffing him.

The other two bosses died pretty fast but Red Hood had luck that my Wu Kong was killed during the fight.

Your charging their mana with all those tiles…

1 Like

Exactly this. You were relying on Wukong for your main source of damage and he died. Alone, they all have very low attack stats. It’s okay to accept that you didn’t beat her, and then try again. This game is a puzzle and sometimes it takes retries to figure out the puzzle. If you have the heroes, I would suggest replacing Rigard or Wilbur with another damage dealer. Replace Wilbur if you have Grimm or replace Rigard with any other attacker you have (not red).

Being in that situation though, Caedmon was your only hope. You could try to keep ghosting tiles (off to the side) and whittle her down with his attack. But I think I would’ve saw what was happening and flee to try again.

1 Like

Was that advanced, epic, or legendary with that team?

Were all you other 4 stars maxed?

I am guessing epic but not sure.

I am on epic now (finished legendary first) using Chao @60 Caed Rigard Grimm Wu. Not having to ton of trouble yet but will probably need to use some items after I get further along.

I finished epic level for the first time!
Only regular heroes:
Wu Kong 4.70
Sabina 3.60
Chao 4.70
Boril 4.70
Kiril 3.28
(all skilled 8/8)

I’m ashamed to say I used all that I had (bombs, axes, potions,…) and also bought a continuation with gems.

2 Likes

No shame there, especially not in using items. With Sabina and Kiril levelled, you’ll smash it next time.

1 Like