Grimm...Am I Missing Something?

He is squishy, but his strength is the amazing tile damage and the 6 turn defense down which will make your other blue heroes look better in raids and titans. Here’s mine with full emblems. He is a beast.

19 Likes

Hes squishy but i have seen worst(defenses) and squishier heroes. Aka Scarlett. So after all grimm can bare at least enough to hit like a truck. At least at +20 like you have.

Pd: yes, hes one of my fav blues :laughing:

1 Like

Grimm is OK for players at lower to mid-level. Has high attack stat and nice defense down special skill. But he’s very squishy so, yes, he’s terrible on defense and at higher levels. Definitely not an “A “ hero in the current meta, but maybe a year or two ago when there were fewer great 4* to compare him with. You rarely see him at upper platinum or diamond level defenses.

3 Likes

I am still really new to the game, just almost two months in - but I felt that way too, in fact, about most of my (still few) heroes, until they are fully maxed.

It´s almost as if there is a hidden “fragile spot” on each, like a dent in their shield, until they reach max level!

the hero gradings are in its own rarity, of course grimm is too squishie against 4.6k teams or if you compare him with some level 80 legendaries. He is worth every aspect of his A.

2 Likes

In terms of long term utility, I would suggest

1. Kiril
  2. Sonya
  3. Grimm
  4. Agwe

Have a look at this topic for an in-depth mathematical description of why defence down is one of the strongest powers available

3 Likes

My Grimm +14 was in my attack team during 269 out of 270 stages of Season 2 hard. I can only suggest for you to level him, give emblems, learn how to play him and how to keep him alive.

2 Likes

Grimm is a beast i still use him even at S3 hard cuz of def down and i will use him until costume magni, frida or arthur appear.
Here is my S3 team

2 Likes

Grimm might be useful, not on the long run, but at your current level, he sure would. Kiril is the long distance runner in that stack. Sonya’s costume, also very useful against GM and JF. However, if Grimm’s costume will match Tiburtu’s, Grimm’s gonna get a whole lotta love all of a sudden… Tibs is a meh hero. But costume Tibs… a whole new story. Of course, in time, you’ll sure max all three. As about Agwe… no idea what he’s good for…

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m definitely still trying to figure out which heroes are good for what. Agwe and COD seem useless. Kiril and Sonya seem better.

Mines only +14 but I have prioritised defense and health. He IS squishy. A beast in action however; that splash attack is gorgeous.

1 Like

Isn’t Telly tank of choice? A squishy tank makes no sense.

That’s not a bad idea. Especially, if you want to fight 4600 teams in wars. When I emblemed him I just wanted to prioritize his strength as a glass cannon. I was like “even if he dies that sick tile damage will still be at play”. On hindsight, I should have gone the defense HP route. But I still use him in wars in my 3-2 blue green team. The level 23 mana troops of course makes this entire team functionally fast. They all charge up in 3 matches. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A lot of newer players seem to forget that while you have one hero left in play, all tiles are doing damage. @NittanyLionRoar taught me that lesson on youtube. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yup, that’s very important. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ramming Pulverizer ( 6 turns!!! )

High normal/ matching/ tile damage even when dead ( grave damage )

Barbarian class quests both have triple red bosses ( Use emblems to get emblems,
blue is strong color against all bosses of last stage, defense debuff target and nearby for 6 turns, splash damage )

Notes

Click for notes

Grimm, Tiburtus and Gormek

(Ramming Pulverizer-Who's your favorite? - #13 by Gryphonknight)

Grimm x2

(Is it worth ascending two Grimm's - #10 by Gryphonknight)

Scarlett, Jackal and Grimm

(Two Rogues or comparing Guardian Jackal and Scarlett ( with a mention of Grimm ))

Wu Kong teams

Wu Kong 2x debuffers

(Wu Kong Debuff Duo or Smart Probability or Two Defense Down heroes with Wu Kong)

Wu Kong Cascade Squad

Color stacking

FIN

3 Likes

Personally, I use Grimm in my events and S3 where needed/possible.
For me, Grimm with Miki, Jott and Kiril is just… yes bye bye enemies.he is not a “go to” for me in wars or raids though, unless it’s a rush attack then i may use him(but then I have 2x Tiburtus)

Grimm is a good effective hero even at +11 on the talent grid.
I stopped there because I got two Costume Magni.
Once you have done Grimm focus on Kiril then Sonya
And leave Captain of Diamonds and Agwe until you have exhausted all your other options
Good luck

1 Like

That is my team for S3 not my def team but i wanted to share that i still use grimm even with
heroes way more powerful then him.
This is my def

1 Like

Once I pulled Isarnia out of the costume closet, Grimm went to the depths of war teams.