Grimforest - Red Hood stage 5 - this is a joke, right?

It is possible to beat her quite easily, and you don’t even need a very strong team. I used 3/49 Merlin, 3/60 Grimm, maxed Kiril, 4/60 Sabina, and 4/30 Wu Kong, plus 4 axes, 4 bombs, and 4 dragon attacks (it wasn’t necessary to use all 5 I brought). The bosses went up in a cloud of dust. Somehow, all my heroes even survived.

I would LOVE to know how you managed that?!

With Wu and colour stacking it isnt a problem. Do you have Wu?

You mean with Wu and some luck. Right ?

1 Like

I used the advice I got here during the Pirates event. Bring minor healing potions to stay alive during the minions stages (always keep hit points of each hero above 400), 5 axes, 5 bombs, and 5 dragon attacks. Arrive at the bosses’ level fully charged and, before you start playing the board, weaken the bosses with your Ramming Pulverizer (Grimm), and then fire off those axes, bombs, and dragon attacks. Then I started playing the board, chose 1 enemy, threw some tiles at him, and hit him with Merlin, so that he would do damage to one of his team. At this point, there were only two bosses still standing, and they were very weak. I did the best with my board, healing my team with Kiril and Sabina. It turned out just perfect.

2 Likes

There is no luck.

The Teams from my wife:

Rare: brienne, bane, ulmer, tyrum, belieth
Epic: Grimm, Wu, sabina, hansel, Sonja
Legendary: wu, magni, khiona, sartana, Arthur

My teams:
Rare: bane, frier tuck, valen, belieth, brienne
Epic: Grimm, Wu, melendor, hansel, Sonja
Legendary: wu, rumpelstiltskin, aeron, alasie, gregorian

We used These teams for all levels, and dint loose any Level.

For stage 10 but it could help you even at stage 5 (without Rumpelstiltskin and Boss Wolf)

Bring one hero who put perfect riposte and rejoice while she and Rumpelstiltskin kill themself.
If they had a fox a counterattack would remove it (new foxes would still apply after the riposte) and then you could easily send some tiles or some special skills to remove the others.

Bring a dispeller for Boss Wolf and Rumpelstiltskin and some antidotes.

Don’t forget there is a Minion eater from Season 2 for heroes like Red Hood:

Clearly though, there is more than one way to beat her! :wink:

2 Likes

@Rook, yes you’re tight Gobbler is a way. but think it’s little expensive in food and material farming…for a def equal to a three star…use shiled to up him is a waste in my sense

so enjoy to use axes, bombs,mana potion,prepare your board before bosses,and max charge heroes…and 4 dps for one healer. and say bye bye to red hood !

1 Like

On the rare tier, I did it with 2 green, 2 blue and 1 yellow. The worst was the final fight with 3 bosses. Kill off Rumpel first, then Red, then Wolf. It’s possible but I barely pulled it off by a hair.

Keep in mind, you need a team of FULLY ASCENDED heroes to bother with the challenge events, and that includes troops better than the default 1*.

Overall, it’s not worth bothering with these challenges since the only prizes that matter are available to the elite minority who have been around since day one and get the best of everything all the time, this is due to the poor way this game was devised.

1 Like

I have the feeling that you are a small minority with your opinion. See how many People play the game and you are still here too. :smile:

And you are wrong again……It is well worth doing these challenges. You learn a lot. You see yourself improving. The loot for just finishing a challenge is there.

So please try to contribute something positive if you are not good enogh yet to get the super rewards you will be one day if you have enough patiance.

4 Likes

You are spot on.

The events are great to see your growth in the game. One month you may struggle to finish stage 1 of a tier. The next month you may see that you can get to the end.

Just keep grinding it out and building up your heros and troops and you will be surprised. You can grow a lot in just 1 month.

Don’t get frustrated, just get mad and make a goal for the next one.

2 Likes

You sound like one of the said 0.01% lol

Actually, this is a common complaint if you have been reading

If you wish to spend your precious flags for a silver token, then good on you - I choose not to do that.

I am not talking about the silver tokens.

If you finish the epic challenge for this event you get a sturdy shield which I personally I am very happy to get. :smile:

3 Likes

Heh…

I spent 3 months leveling heroes for my first entry into the events. Sometimes I complete them, sometimes I just nab a few free tokens.

I do what I enjoy, and beat goals I set for me; I’m not in competition with others, so I’m not “wasting” battle items. shrug :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The approach is good (just keep in mind that Dragon Fire is only available for Legendary). Except for I wouldn’t shoot all dragon fires at once as they have better effect being fired one by one in several board combinations between them. This way they inflict more damage.

I agree. If you’ve still in the process of building your teams, then you’ll probably be better off doing other stuff such as farming materials or whatever rather than the event.

I’ve not been playing that long but this is such a slow progressing game that I feel for most people the event is not going to be of any value. My girlfriend only recently got her first 4* hero, the events would be suicide or a waste of items for her. She’s better off continuing the building instead.

Just colour stack blue and Wu Kong. You should be able to beat it.

If you can’t defeat this level it’s okay, it just means your team/heroes aren’t ready yet. The events aren’t necessarily meant for everyone to be able to complete which is unfortunate, but it should provide incentive to continue to level your heroes and grow your roster.

This was really helpful! Thank you. I also had a hard time, doubled up on my blues and put them next to Friar Tuck to generate mana faster, and she was gone very quickly.

1 Like

I thought “Legendary” was the level that was being discussed. Obviously, you cannot use dragon attacks for “Epic”.