Grimforest - increased difficulty?

The killing seemed slow… but I go for more of a slow style anyhow. Just going to complete.

I beat both Epic and Legendary with all 4*s:

Rigard, Wu Kong, Sonya, Grimm, Melendor.

Rigard and Melendor + 3, Wu and Grimm almost to emblems. Sonya only at 3.60.

Took with: Bombs, Mana Pots, Antidote, Healing Pots

The final boss stage in Legendary was surprisingly simple for me. Maybe I got lucky.

I really didn’t notice.

My Legendary team:

Ariel-7, Misandra-7, Alaise-0, Frida-0 (3/70), Arthur-0 (3/70)

No items used except for 5 dragon attacks in the last round (10)

1 Like

My legendary team was Kiril, Grimm, Frida 3/70, Kunchen 4/50 and Proteus. I had no problems with the bosses but the mobs took a bit to kill. The combo of attack buff + def down + elemental def down is awesome, it can kill any monster. Having 2 healers helped the team, a lot. Most of the credit goes to Proteus tho. He shut down the bosses and all he asked for was small mana pots. He’s the real MVP.

3 Likes

Emblems

Is this the first Grimforest with emblems?

I used to skip Challenge events because rewards sucked. But emblems made it worth completing.

Slower than last Challenge event ( RNG ?? ) but not more difficult.

Legendary & Epic team

Melendor 4*+18
Grimm 4*+18
Rigard 4*+15
Proteus 4*+13 ( MVP of all Challenge events except reflect purple).
Wu Kong 4*+17 ( mostly for tile/ matching damage. Rarely used Gambler’s Stance).

Health 500 HP potions,
60% and 25% mana potions
never used my 4th slot items.

Green mobs slowed me down. No yellow mobs for my double purple team to speed up.

Finished Legendary, waiting for energy refill for Epic.

2 Likes

I’ve just tried legendary last stage - battle took more than 20 minutes, plus used gems once to revive my heroes when I still thought I had a chance. But once Red Hood fires and I don’t have battle items left the fight is pretty much over. Please any advice on team and strategy would be appreciated.

Screenshot_20190713-100041_Empires

Increased difficulty? No

1 Like

I found legendary easy. But I am not going for a top slot. Too cheap and lazy. As for rare, I just complete the first one so I get the token. I’m working on Epic at the moment as I’ve been busy.

2 Likes

I didn’t track the HP or whatever, but it felt the same as always to me.

1 Like

Thanks for this, it’s great especially since this will be my first Grimforest event and I’m hoping to do well

But the next grimforest seems to be the new version with 15 stages…

2 Likes

I made 5 attempts at the last level of Legendary, all failed.
I tried different teams:

Kirill, Isarnia, Master Lepus, Thorne, Sonnya
Kirill, Isarnia, Thorne, Sonnya, Wu Kong
Kirill, Isarnia, Thorne, Sonnya, Rigard

I also tried bombs, dragon fires, axes, time stop and other items.

This is the first event where I can’t complete Legendary in 5 attempts.

May be Proteus is a key for this event but I don’t have him anyway.

Do you have other mana controlers? Hänsel, Gretel, Merlin? Otherwise, Little John + time stops could be quite useful to prevent the bosses from firing.

I have Merlin, but he is purple and squishy. I also have Li Xiu and Neith. May be I’ll try a yellow team instead of blue.

I tried Timestop, but without any success. Little John is weak against bosses and is easy to kill. Not sure if he can be of any help…

LJ causes the bosses to recover mana a lot slower. He might not be as good as Proteus (who completely stops all mana reg) but with his special and time stops you can also prevent the bosses from firing quite effectively.

Merlin might be squishy but his mana control effect is invaluable.

Basically, the last three levels of Legendary (and also Epic) are all about preventing the bosses from firing their specials. LJ, Merlin + mana pots and timestops are pretty effective. Add Kiril and two damage dealers (or one damage dealer and a second healer if necessary) and it should work.

It’s becoming harder due to the new boss heroes imo.

1 Like

Try to have all heroes full of mana before entering last stage. When entering last stage fire of the specials and all bombs, dragon fires and axes. Not much left i presume. The stage before last one keep your team fully healed with Kiril.

Honestly I’ve never been impressed by Merlin. His effect lasts for just 3 turns. mad attack of a hero is weak and the don’t really harm each other. He hardly manage to get recharged to control more than one boss.

I didn’t have any issues with levels 13 and 14 of legendary.

Anyway thank you for inputs. I’ll try to use them. :slight_smile:

This is trivial. :slight_smile: But thank you anyway. Fired specials don’t make much damage to Bosses. Obviously they are not enough to kill them. Even to half their health. You definitely depend on tile damage. Trick is that if you charged your heroes on a previous screen you are short of tiles on the final one

1 Like

Is it just me, or are the special enemies gone? I have not seen a single one since the start of the event.

No coins, no fun…

1 Like

I think this is workable. An important trick for people like me that can’t field a truly Legendary team and don’t have mana control hero is to do a big initial tile damage followed by carpet bomb. I beat Legendary with a similar “style” of team (atk up, def down, gambler stance), except mine was purple stack with Wu Kong instead of blue.

As someone has said previously, you must have all special charged before, and this is not trivial. You ALSO must build the board in the mob stage. Defeat all mobs except one in the wave before the bosses and make yourself a blue diamond on the board. Then make sure there are plenty of blue tiles on the board before entering boss wave in order to maximize this diamond.

Then fire Kiril for atk up, Isarnia def down, Sonya atk, Wu Kong atk up, Blue diamond for tile damage. This has been my basic strategy to beat Legendary with my 4*’s for all Challenge Event (massive initial blow, followed by carpet bomb). Use time stop stay alive longer to attack more and maximize burn damage from dragon.

You can do it!

7 Likes