Grimble – New December 2019 HOTM (Hero of the Month): Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

I can agree with you there @Elpis, 100%. He’s definitely not a must have, wasn’t even trying for him…dang you MN and Santa!!!
But I have him and see a use for him. Plus he has some potential to be pretty useful on occasion. I’d say he has more potential than a couple HotM. But I could be wrong, I’ll give him a whirl and if he does his job I’ll finish ascending him. If he’s terrible or extremely niche he will stay at 3/70 and be a stand in for AW.
Also nothing but respect for you my friend. I value your opinion, as I believe you already know. I’ll let you know what I think once I’ve had a chance to get him to a useful point. Just be warned, that could be several months the way the dark hero’s are dropping

Dear RNGesus, as much as I appreciate the dark hero’s, I feel bad taking all the Prisca’s from needy players. In the spirit of Christmas please let Elpis have some too. Amen :wink:

3 Likes

Not exactly: “Allacks randomly a new target if any Minions were destroyed”

3 Likes

Whenever he destroys minions, his mana increases so he’s geared keep up with the fast minion producers

1 Like

Interesting. So technically he can possibly attack only 2 out of 5 enemy heroes. Suppose Cpt-D attacks Mother North who has just summoned minions and crushed her one minion infront her, then by what the cards says, he then attack another hero, let’s say on her flank which he find another minon to destroy. If he then randomly choose Mother North who does no longer have minions, he will not continue , leaving minions on other heroes “undestroyed?”

I’m beginning to think that Gobbler is better than Cpt-D. This is because these two heroes have only one job… just one job. If they can’t see it through then it is a problem. LoTL lake minions need to all be destroyed, one cannot half-bum that job.

3 Likes

No. If the next enemy also has minions activated, the show goes on, and he hits the next one (repeat from beginning :-)) )

1 Like

But the card says “Attacks randomly a new target “if” any minions were destroyed”

It’s the same - if he attacs an enemy, he will destroy his minions. (“Destroys all Minions from the target”).
So if CoD is facing 5 enemies with minions, and he is lucky, he attacks 6 times… :boom:

1 Like

Yes, but the probability to choose the next minioned decreases after each hit. I’m using Cap since a while and he seldom attacks more than 3, if all have minions.

2 Likes

And If he’s unlucky, he attacks twice. I’m one of those weird players who daily drive Wu-Kong. I can’t afford to add one more uncertainty in my life.

1 Like

Acknowledging that many others in the thread have said some of these points, here’s my summary of where I’m at with Grimble at the moment:

Titans

His crit bonus is great for the dark stack, but you are likely making a big sacrifice in tile damage to bring it. Because of that, it is unclear to me if he has a spot here on most teams. Ameonna, Proteus, and Sabina at the least all probably go before him, and they’re hardly scarce.

Defense

He has tanky stats, but if he fires at tank before dying it is probably before the other team has minions up. And he suffers from the primary problem when choosing defenders: the AI will rarely luck into the correct timing. Again, I’m not sure if I see a clear role for him.

Offense

It’s natural to think of Delilah tanks, but I think that’s actually not a good spot for him. If I put together enough purple tiles to charge him, Delilah is likely dead anyway. And at that point I’d rather have a Proteus charged whether or not Delilah fired before dying. To say nothing of the significant savings in resources to have Proteus instead of Grimble.

Where I think Grimble could be good is actually against Delilah flanks in your minor stack of a 3/2 attack. I particularly like the idea of pairing him with a costumed Rigard: attack boost then AoE attack. I think you could get the timing right and in an impactful way in that sort of situation. There are other minion situations similar to the latter; the point is I actually think he’s better in that role than as an attempt to make a hard counter to Delilah tanks.

Investment

This has been said by others: I agree that the true value of Grimble is as a hedge against minions becoming an ever-increasing part of the game. I think SGG is making an effort to slow the game down. And emblems and costumes have been a part of that (despite the fact that they actually bumped up the mana speed of some heroes). Minions are another area. And I think it’s working. Heroes are harder to kill and I suspect fights are taking longer / more moves.

My Plan

A hero was just released (Puss in Boots) who can spawn SEVEN minions at once (if he’s on the field with four minion summoners). I’m going to queue Grimble up, take him to 3.70, and then re-evaluate. That will put me in position to max him if the asset appreciates. If it fails to, I’ve invested very little.

24 Likes

I got pixie+Grimble from a single coin summon right after event start today. Can’t complain as my roster is lackluster on dark color. :smiley:

3 Likes

@0valRainbow That is one heck of a pull! Congrats!!

thanx, that also dumps my hopes for getting next hotm though… Anyway I’ll give him the tabards and make use

1 Like

Used the event coins from finishing rare and epic for a final single summon in the event: Lil John aaand my second Grimble. I’m not a big spender and getting 5*s and HOTM are always a rare treat, but still it is kind of a waste of good luck at this point, since I don’t even know if I would max even the first one

He’s a dark cleric that eats minions… and the two best holy tanks in wars (in some folks opinion) take mana and produce minions… and just in case he has to face a drake or justice, that’s okay, he also resists blind. I mean… he has almost every holy tank covered in some fashion and folks still hate him.

15 Likes

Lots of people having a grumble about Grimble.
I pulled him yesterday and I’m very happy.
I realise that he is a niche hero and not as good as Kunchen or Seshat but I like him. Where I am at in the game I can afford to max the odd niche hero though.
I’ve Kage+12, Seshat, Aeron, Sartana and Domitia maxed.
I’ve also a costumed Rigard at +18 (soon to be +19) and he at that level is a fantastic “5*” hero. I’ve also a Proteus at node 9 (just waiting for more food to move him up the talent tree).
I’ve lots of max purple 4*'s aswell so I’m covered pretty well for purple. I have cheshire cat for titans. I’d love panther in the next teltoc but I dont make levelling decisions based on tiny probabilities.
The resist blind skill should not be underestimated plus I like the relatively unique anti-minion skill.
He’s got a nice elemental buff for a purple stack.
Simply for his special skill animation you’d be tempted to level him.
I’ve got 9 tabards, I’m no whale and my other choices are 3.70 Quintus and Obakan so I’m maxing Grimble.

8 Likes

Today I’ve faced this 4400/TP-Team on my last Raid to fill the chest: MN - MIKI - SANTA - INARI - REDHOOD

I’ve brought my 2/60 Grimble with me, and…BOOM! He literally won the match alone!!! :heart_eyes:
What a fun to see him galloping through the enemy lines, slaughtering that forest of minions…while that mana boost was charging my heroes! REEEEAAAL FUN! :heart_eyes:

23 Likes

Its nice to read this actually. I was hoping he could be useful at 3/70, but hearing that he is doing some work even at 2/60 in your team. Pretty cool.

2 Likes

I love my goatf… :rofl:

He’s the 1st real minion meta counter and resists blinding.

But he probably will stay 3.70 for a long time, since…

Screenshot_20191205_130452

One of them will immediately be ascended, if I get the traps from legendary grimm forest.
2 stages to go.

5 Likes

@Oksure, I’ve decided to test him against those “minions’ factories”, and I’ve brought him even if at 2/60, 'cause the lack of snipers in the opponent’s team :wink:
But yes!!! He did his job so well…and it was a real, real fun to see! :yum:

5 Likes