:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Hero of the Month Legends 2018
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability (if costume is available): Dispel on Special Skill
When this character casts their Special Skill, they dispel the newest status effect buff from all enemies.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Unwavering Focus
  • Deals 455% damage to the target.
  • All allies get +30% critical chance for 3 turns.
  • Element Link gives all Nature allies +5% attack and +5% defense for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes in the same Family.

Legends 2018 Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% defense.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all allies.

:boom: Summons Availability :boom:
Or: Where can I get this Hero From?
Past HotM are available from a number of locations depending on their age.

As Gregorion has been released for >24 months, he can ONLY be summoned in the Tavern of Legends Portal.
He can also be “Trained” using the Hero Academy Level 10.

Tavern of Legends
HotM’s which are >12 months of age are added to the summons pool in the Tavern of Legends Portal.

Hero Academy Level 10 Retraining
HotM’s which are >12 months of age are also added as a possible outcome of Hero Academy Level 10 Retraining.

More information on HA10 Retraining here: 🤓 Hero Academy! FAQ, Links, Guides and Discussion

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an old HotM?
Below Maths is current as of September 2020.
Subject to change as additional heroes are added to the Portal.

It’s important to remember that the Tavern of Legends Portal has the lowest odds for a specific hero of ANY portal… No amount of summoning will guarantee a Featured Hero.

You have a 0.25% chance of summoning a specific Featured Past HotM from the Tavern of Legends Portal (0.0125% for a specific Non-Featured).

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 2.47% chance of summoning a particular Featured Past HotM (0.12% chance for a specific Non-Featured & 12.27% chance for ANY Past HotM).

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

(Each 30x Summons costs 8,000 gems or ~$79.99 USD).

# of Summons ~ USD Cost
pre-tax
Odds for Specific Featured Past HotM Odds for Non-Featured Past HotM
10 $26.00 2.47% 0.13%
30 $74.99 7.23% 0.03%
100 $250.98 22.14% 1.24%
500 $1,251.88 71.39% 6.06%
1,500 $3,749.63 97.66% 17.10%
5,000 $12,500.75 99.9996% 46.48%
10,000 $24,998.50 99.9999999986% 71.35%

Putting that in Perspective

If 100 people were to complete 100x summons, spending ~$250 USD:

• 27 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 78 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 99 WON’T get a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

If 100 people were to conduct 1500x summons, spending ~$3,750 USD:

• 1 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 23 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 83 WON’T geta a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

If 1 Million players each completed 10,000 summons, spending ~$25,000 USD:

• 1 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 1 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 286,500 WON’T geta a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Gregorion (post release)

:question: Is Gregorion worth Summoning For?

NOTE, you can currently only get Gregorion from the Tavern of Legends Portal or HA10.

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Only if you’re summoning for someone else
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Gregorion would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Gregorion’s Primary Purpose is?

• Sniper
  • Finisher (secondary hitter)
  • Crit buffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Gregorion compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Gregorion’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Gregorion worth giving Ranger Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Gregorion is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Gregorion is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

I got Gregorion at the time when he was the HOTM way back in 2018. He is still currently at 3/70, where any tonics obtained were instead given to Alberich, Evelyn, Lianna (maxed original and costumed versions), and Telluria, respectively. I currently have 12 tonics and enough ascension materials to max 12 4* green heroes. My problem is, will I give tonics to Greg, or to a second Lianna (original and costumed versions at 3/70) or a second Evelyn still at 3/70. As for the time being, I am working on Atomos to get him to 3/70, which will be followed by Guardian Chameleon, also to 3/70. My other green 5 stars are the elven twins both at 3/70. I have several dupes and 2 more Liannas whom I plan both to get to 3/70 (original and costume). I mostly use mono and I usually split my 5 star heroes to serve 2 or 3 teams in wars, especially if faced with blue tanks, and they are supported with great 4 star green heroes in my Buddies, Caedmons (original and costume versions), Melendors (original and costume versions), Hansels, and soon Brynhild. Also working on costumed version of Kashhrek, feeding him with 1 star green heroes while 2 star green heroes go to Atomos for his build up to 3/70.

Is Greg worth it? I would love to read your ideas. Thanks in advance.

I have him maxed, he was my first 5* :grin:

He is great for titans.

He isn’t a terrible hero… but its difficult to get excited about him, and I don’t use him much anymore.
He has a use in a mono stack (elemental link)

Given my green bench (pretty good these days) I’m more likely to use Kadilen than Greg :frowning:

2 Likes

I just got him and don’t know what to think. He’s my second green sniper after Kingston.

by the way : the first poll question still mentions gravemaker :wink:

Greg’s crit boost on titans can add a fair bit of damage, do it!

3 Likes

Crit is better than a lot of people realise. 30% crit = every 3rd tile does double damage.

Someone smart can do the math, but for the simple minded, thats lots :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

The first line in the poll says

“Is Gravemaker worth Summoning For?”

Not Gregorion :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your input. I do have Kadilen and may only have the urge to ascend her if I got her costume (I am usually lucky pulling costumes using keys than gems as I got Joon costume and Lianna costume) but I really don’t find her that appealing. Kadilen’s damage to all is meh and her defense buff against skills are easily dispellable.

I know. But it’s not like I am weak against blue titans, with Miki helping me in that aspect. I have Eve and Buddy combo. Lianna and Albe+19 both have decent attack stat. But if the idea is to max a hero, particularly Greg, just mainly for titans, I think that would be sad. I know he would be great on stack.

Hmnnn. I am more inclined previously to ascend a second Lianna to have double of her during raids, one wearing the original version while the other donning the costume version. I still need to ponder hard on this.

He is… wherever tile damage matters.

As an example, my blue stack sometimes hits quite hard because of Vela’s 10% crit chance for blue allies.
Greg’s crit boost is for ALL allies… that too at 30% chance (that’s insane!)

in that sense, in fights where you’re looking to up your tile damage, Greg fits in perfectly.

This. Totally agreed.
Crit damage is double damage. That’s basically a Tarlak or a Guardian Gazelle level boost in tile damage for 1/3rd of the time (in Greg’s case).

In simple terms, on an average:

• a 3-tile match deals damage equivalent to 4 tile match
  • a 9-tile cascade deals damage equivalent to 12 tiles!

Personally, I’d say his special is well worth it when you support it with a good bunch of team mates.

Cheers!!

3 Likes

And it is that magic thing “stackable damage” it adds to normal attack buffs etc

1 Like

Can’t tell which one I copied the text from right…? :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Hell, I’d be happy to summon either haha

1 Like

My pure F2P alliance mate just pulled Gregorian and honestly he nearly fell off his chair :joy:

I’m happy and jealous in equal measure but nice when something’s goes the way of the F2Player. They really do appreciate the 5* they pull way more than we sometimes do :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

I’m F2P and I fit your description perfectly. Sure, a lot of players thrash Gregorion (and Margaret, and Aegir, and Azlar, and Inari, and, Aeron, and Elena etc.) for not being all that good… but as someone who doesn’t have THAT many 5*s, each one is a gem for me.

On to Gregorion. My second Green 5*s after Margaret, and easily my strongest green “sniper”. Yeah, sure, he’s not fast mana (and I just know someone is going to correct me and say Greg can’t be a sniper because he’s not fast, and that’s why I put the quotation marks ok?), but he still hits quite hard.

That extra crit chance is very useful and has boosted my Titan scores quite a bit, and they come in very useful for farming and challenge events too.

I love using him in my Blue-Titan team: 1 normal Brienne, one costumed Brienne, Margaret in the middle to protect them both and for her high attack, Gregorion, and Wu Kong.

For someone with limited Green 5* options, he’s definitely worth ascending.

6 Likes

Who cares… he hits hard. He is a sniper in our books.!! :slight_smile:

For the record, I don’t have gregorian, but I am sure as hell scared to get hit by his special… and even more frustrated with its subsequent crit effect.

2 Likes

I pulled Greg in the taverns. I have not been blessed with certain greens I wanted. No Evelyn despite pulling. No Telluria despite pulling. No Alby as I wasn’t pulling back them. Mother North is the only green Christmas hero I don’t have. Heck, I can’t get Lianna.

As such, I have a lot of tonics. I’m finishing who I’m working on now as I like to finish projects, but Greg is next. And I’m glad I read here - didn’t realize how high his critical damage is. I plan to use him on titans and in pvp.

I was excited for him to show up.

3 Likes

No point trying to pull specifically for Evelyn now. The odds are just way worse.
I’d say try to get Almur in S3. He’s much easier to get your hands on.

Granted that he is no Evelyn. But at least he got the green debuff skill… :slight_smile:

Yes. It’s quite high.
Also, his crit boost is applicable for the entire team… not just greens. That’s a huge huge plus, imo. In fact, he can be the green in your rainbow team (of course, depends on the rest of the team… but this is definitely an idea to work with.)

You should be. He is a HOTM after all.
I think he doesn’t deserve all the complaints that so many throw at him.

Hopefully, he’ll find a happy place in your roster! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. And I didn’t pull for Evelyn specifically recently - that dated back to when she was HOTM in December 2018.

And I did get Ulmer. Will have to level him.

My main green is Kingston, so I’m not all that bad. And I have Hatter. Plus elkanen and elkanen and elkanen (sense the pattern?) I recently leveled up Kadilen and am surprised how much I like her, but she’s not the same role as Greg. He’ll fit in well.

1 Like