Greed. How to lose 120 paying clients because summons & loot is gambling with zero reward

@RakeJay
@zephyr1
Thanks guys.

5 Likes

If you are playing the game still, why give it a bad rating? If you have stopped playing because its bad, why would you care if they flagged you?

8 Likes

I have had great pulls and I have had all 3* pullsā€¦ā€¦ā€¦it seems to balance out for me. Itā€™s great to want to rise up the leaderboards, but I truly enjoy the game itself and the people in my alliance.

I was lucky to get two 5* from TC 20 the very first week, two months later I have never gotten another one.
I spent money at the start, now only occasionallyā€¦and I am having just as much fun if not more not spending a dime!

As to the comparison to console games, they are money grabbers tooā€¦with pre-order special bundles, DLC extra content, limited edition and so onā€¦

Bottom lineā€¦if you donā€™t like spending money for a chance at nothing, donā€™t do it. If the game is stressing you out, donā€™t play it.

2 Likes

I agree with almost everything, although I would extend it. What is not, is that the game has so many design errors that reaching up is not a matter of quality. I only buy event offers and atlantis and I have reached 10. With an even mediocre team, even with 4 * you beat Zero himself, because he is badly done. And simply, staying is impossible because of the same mistakes.

Do me a favor and check out Uniwar. Itā€™s turn based Starcraft for mobile device.

Iā€™m Duaneski on there. Hit me up if you do check it out.

There are some IAPs for new units. But the total cost is less than the cost of a full game, and itā€™s very playable without the new units. (There are only 9 new units total as well. You can get them for free too if you play a longer time of course and ā€œsave up.ā€)

I miss Starcraft and age of empires. One day Iā€™ll have a PC for gaming again.

I am also sad about the state of gaming. Iā€™m sad at how the Gacha crap dominates mobile gaming. And Iā€™m not unhappy at all to hear about SG losing some money by people leaving.

That said, you and I both know that nothing will change so long as theyā€™re able to frickin print money with this ā€œgameā€ :stuck_out_tongue:

And theyā€™ve done a lot right in this game too. Itā€™s better than some competitors.

I dream that One day government will step in and put an end to the gambling rampant in these ā€œgamesā€ā€¦ citing how damaging it can be to young people and addictive types to have unlimited gambling at their fingertips.

Until thenā€¦ we just keep the machine going my friend.

Best of luck in your travels.

See ya at Uniwar I hope :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I think OP - and he can correct me if Iā€™m wrong - feels like the game itself could be really good. And in some ways is.

But mobile gaming as a whole is largely broken. And the fundamentals of hero acquisition effectively make this game broken.

Can you still enjoy the game despite this. Yes. Sure. Of course. Does that mean that OP will or should forever? Nah. And good on him for saying ā€œI donā€™t like this. Iā€™m out.ā€

and posting this and sharing it should be informative to SG. And itā€™s a good discussion point for the forums in my opinion.

So Iā€™m grateful he posted. Though of course extremely pessimistic that changes will occur.

9 Likes

Telling us to grow up is insulting, not my reply pointing out that we plan & budget.
You suggest that unhappy customers should just fade away & keep quiet. Maybe you missed the posts by several top alliance members raising concerns (Avicious being one of many), would you prefer we get every member to come post here so you can ridicule them too? Ignore the fact that my post represent a large group of people and other groups who joined via Line. Guess our time & money spend promoting this game with privately build websites & social media campaigns must also disappear into obscurity. We have many training alliances with many tools, we put effort into the game and share that with everyone, what exactly have you done for the game?

9 Likes

I agree on many points as well, and some good ones you made about there being a need for more oversight as to the gambling aspect of the game, especially when it is rated for ages 10 and up.

It makes me sad to see the game losing great players because of some of the practices going onā€¦some of whom I have interacted with personally.

I too got caught up in the spending/gambling early on, and considered stepping away when I wasnā€™t getting the results I hoped forā€¦had to change my focus and just enjoy the game play for what it is.

5 Likes

30 summons and only 2 4*ā€¦ no 5*. Iā€™ve spent alot in this game thinking my luck canā€™t be that bad. They straight up steal your money. This game is highway robbery, donā€™t waste your money!

1 Like

If you bothered to read the whole reply you wouldā€™ve seen this: " Ps. When I say myself I mean I used to be"
English is my second language. I tried to point out that many would like to but donā€™t and I was one of them. You just roped in 5 people so far for not providing the whole picture, and that is what is wrong with this game too. They only recently started to state odds and that is when a lot of people started to sit up straight.

3 Likes

It doesnā€™t matter if it was past or present, it is still a state someone was, or is, in. When it was true doesnā€™t matter, I just didnā€™t understand the underlying logic. I wasnā€™t trying to refute your overall statementsā€¦

Iā€™m really curious to know this data as well.
Can you spoiler me how many players, how much pulls and your overall drop rates for rare, epic and legendary?

Before I rebutā€¦ I want to say are one of the many players I respect and do find inspiringā€¦

But. That is 2 more 5* and 8 more 4* than myself.

4 Likes

Oh come on. The odds are stated right there in the summon screen!

In 30 Atlantis pulls, you should expect:

• A single 5* hero roughly 75% of the time (plus the HOTM roughly 40% of the time)
  • An average of roughly eight 4* heroes.

So yeah, you had a bad pull. Guess what? It happens! Itā€™s not theft when the odds are clearly stated and you spend the gems anyway.

4 Likes

Already discussed it. The info is private for now but will be shared via websites & social media once all the data is in and cleaned up. As stated above, it belongs to more than one group, Iā€™m one of the admin, but it belongs to everyone involved. Some want to create YouTube videoā€™s, others blogs, etc. Please keep in mind, we need to pay for these websites and one way to do that is to generate traffic by posting unique content.

2 Likes

In 2 years of play, that aint make me one of those who

Right :wink:

1 Like

I think the point is perhaps with the amount of people upset, they may want to up the odds as they are garbageā€¦ It does not help when people go and defend the people that make the odds. I am not asking to not have a long grindy game. Thatā€™s why I like it. However, if the odds were better, I would be prone to spend more. 6 damascus blades and nothing to use them on is BS.

2 Likes

You donā€™t only need your 6 damascus blades to ascend a 5ā˜† hero!
You need with those more 6 tomes 6 scopes 6 tonics 6 tabbards 6 darts and 6 rings! Plus all required 3ā˜† ams to use all of you 6 damascus blades!
So what the point of having too many 5ā˜† heroes with out having the eequired AMs to ascend them!
If the odds got a raise up and every one start to get more 5ā˜† heroes then will be a new complains threads to come asking for more highers odds for the MATS ā€¦ which will lead the game to a poor compatitive area and then lead more players to quite the game.

2 Likes

it always blows my mind when someone gets EXTREMELY lucky and then asks everyone else what the big deal is, like come on guys look how easy it is I just got the hotm from a token!!!
Itā€™s like if you won the lottery and began to ask why poor people complain all the time, I mean just go win the lottery!!!

10 Likes

I have enough AMs to ascend 6 5* characters. I would not be as annoyed if I could not ascend them.

1 Like