Greed broke the camel's back. Price increase value added tax - Change in Digital Taxes

Neither. I’m a forum regular, and that thread was only from January 24th. It was 100 posts long, and I posted several times in it. Frankly, it would be more surprising if I didn’t remember it…

Sounds like it’s time to at least completely stop spending and go F2P if you’re going to continue playing. There are a lot of people who find the game more enjoyable after making that decision. This is the Sunk Cost Fallacy, and throwing good money after bad is a mistake.

That has to be pretty scary to be in the middle of. I’m really sorry to hear you’re going through that. The loot boxes are totally an intermittent Serotinin reward thing, and definitely seem like a big risk for pulling in people with any kind of a predisposition to gambling issues.

I know @King_Kyree77 completely removed his credit card from his Google Play profile to avoid the temptation to spend. I think others have as well. I’d really encourage you to do the same. It seems like a smart safety protocol.

Irrespective of whether you succeed in lobbying, it sounds like publicizing the risks of addiction would be a real public service, and something you have a strong personal story on. Good luck getting the word out about that. I think it would potentially help a lot of people.

4 Likes