Grazul – New September 2019 HOTM (Hero of the Month): First Thoughts & Discussion

My c2p alt has been running

Drake - Grazul - Aegir - Zeline - Seshat

NO EMBLEMS!!!

Aegir and Grazul aren’t even 80 yet, and it’s held between 2400 and 2500 on defense.

1 Like

So, I just ran a fight where I had Grazul vs. Guinivere. When Guin fired, it did not say “resist“ like it usually does when Grazul blocks an attack. So, I did the same thing again, and sure enough when Guin fired it didn’t say”resist”. Of course, I didn’t have the brains to look and see if I actually had taken a reduction in Mana, but this still seems like a problem. Who do I tell about this?

1 Like

I’ve only just started fighting with her but also noticed this. I used her in Morlovia and also Atlantis levels where bosses would attack with poison or health leech. I noticed that she did resist for the whole team and ailments didn’t attach, but occasionally it didn’t show “Resist”.

Grazul only stops status ailments, so not necessarily all status effects. Guin’s mana drain is an effect, meaning it takes your mana away and leaves no lingering ailment so it is not blocked.

GM on the other hand will do his initial damage through Grazul’s buff (the effect), but will can not add his fire DOT(the ailment).

Basically if it leaves an icon on your character, it will be blocked. Otherwise it will continue as normal be it damage or other effect.

2 Likes

When I use her by activating always it"s shows me the indication <>!

Sorry, indication Resist

I think it’s blocking Guin"s if I’m not mistaken!!

I think you guys should learn what status effect means. Here we go → 📑 Status Effects (Buffs and Ailments) and Stacks - Dead topic see link in post #190

Mana cut is not a status effect. Only mana block and mana steal. Or did you expect Li, Chao and others to be blocked by Grazul as well?

3 Likes

I didn’t mention Li X, Chao as I wrote! I didn’t expect anything different of the heroes you mention !!

I just gave an example of mana cut skills, for you, Taco and others, for a better understanding. Guin’s skill is the same mana cut, not different of those heroes. So no, Grazul won’t resist Guin’s special.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I’m not opposed to what you mention !! Well you do and inform.
After all, we talk and every view is respected!!

Thanks!!

Thank you…I was under the impression that would be blocked as well. That means that Grazul is only 1/2 a solution to Neith. :frowning:

I have both Grazul and Azlar fully maxed out with 9 talents for Grazul and 10 for Azlar. Once i got grazul up to Azlar level i took him out of my defense team and started using Grazul instead.

As others have mentioned she is much better suited for offense. I feel that having fast mana vs slow mana is more advantageous.

I like them both, Azlar was my first 5 star hero so he has a special place in my heart.

My D team is Lianna-Sartana-Frida-Grazul-Joon.

Frida has average mana but my fast blue is magni but he seems to go down too fast.

All in all i like them both but it really depends on what you are looking for. If it’s to have fun when you attack it’s definitely Grazul! But then again it’s just my opinion.

1 Like

Grazul even stops the shuffling of heroes by Cheshire Cat lol wow.

5 Likes

I haven’t had the chance to see that yet, but good to know. Thanks!

Anyone annoyed that February HOTM just seems like a better Grazul, in a way?

No because Feb HotM will be nerfed and likely lose 1-2 components of his special skill as it currently sits… There’s too many effects all of which are too powerful.

1 Like

Yeah good point. I’m very curious to see where he lands.

1 Like

Yup, its why I’ve just been keeping an eye on the new HotM threads but not commenting yet… I’ll wait till after the first round of Beta Testing before passing any judgement.

That’s smart. I haven’t been playing long enough to confirm if they intentionally unveil OP heroes to create a huge buzz and then inevitably nerf them before they’re made available, but it does look that way

1 Like