Gravemaker Needs a Counter

Ariel says hello :smiley: For Bloody battles, Zimkitha exists too.

Ariel; blue cleanser that heals, that is a Gravemaker counter. Zimkitha; she fast and cleanses, healing doesn’t matter for bloody battles.

Granted, both are season 2 and HOTM (and thus limited time) heroes, but so was Gravemaker being HOTM.

So yeah, his counters are hard to obtain… but so is he.

EDIT: for the record, I hate fighting against a team with Gravey, and I think he’s the best hero in the game. But counters do exist… however unreasonable they are to acquire. But you can say the same thing about him too. That is my point with this post.

But Gravemaker is not easily obtainable.

Zeline is also not easily obtainable.

Gryphonkit, my wife, prefers 4* purple color stacking - only Obakan and Hansel are hard to obtain.

(ARCHIVE- How my wife broke Empires- not her first time breaking a game- or Purple and Yellow are weird when attacking, especially in raids)

1 Like

@Gryphonknight

I’m not asking for a Gravemaker full / easy to destroy counter. The fact that GM can do 900 damage per target x 3 targets = 2,700 damage AND is Very Fast AND is tanky is just poor design. Since I don’t believe in nerf’ing heros people paid for the best way to deal with it is having a few choices to counter. What’s requested isn’t a GM “win” button. Just creating a more even playing field, he still kicks ■■■ even if there is a minor 4* counter.

@gingerjuniper
I already mentioned he can be countered by stacking blue, then getting LUCKY. That is not the point, the point is balancing and making the game strategically competitive for everyone. Not just those who were lucky on a hotm roll 9/10 months ago.

See personally I disagree with the need for a specific counter for one specific hero…

There are only a select few number of people who actually own a grave maker. Sure it seems like a large portion of players in the higher tiers as the higher tiers tend to be the players who have been around longer.

In terms of your repeated statement of the counter hero being easily accessible, my short question is why?? Grave maker is extremely exclusive…

The only people who got him are either a) long(ish) term players of b) insanely lucky/ summon happy players who might get him from Atlantis summons.

So tldr; GM is an exclusive hero so shouldn’t get an easy to get counter hero. But then he doesn’t need a counter hero beyond what already exists…

I do a lot of raids and Gravemaker isn’t as popular as he used to be.

Overpowering? I disagree. Compared to someone like Kageburado and most other legendary heroes, Gravemaker is a mosquito!

! octet-stream

I field epic teams against legendary all the time & can take 2 special hits from Gravemaker before I need to think about healing.

I’ve read arguments for & against Gravemaker. From a raider’s perspective, he’s almost insignificant. Stack 3 blues against him when he’s a tank & he’ll blow up like the other reds.

2 Likes

First, there is no other hero more over powered than she-who-shall-not-be-named from Avalon, if GM is overpowered then Alasie, Gregorion or Kageburado are too.

Second, Rigard is an excellent counter for GM and for any other DOT or ailment spellers, have you tried him? With emblems he becomes even sturdier.

Finally, making a hero specifically to beat another sounds like extremely niche.

I Have Rigard and Zim, whenever I see a GM in raids, I just throw purple tiles to charge Rigard ASAP.

THis usually gives me time to cleanse after him and survive 60-70% of my encounters with him, always with a rainbow team.

1 Like

lol so all the top tier players using him have it wrong huh ? I have both Kage (x2) and GM, they are equally insanely good. And sure, stack 3 blues against him and get a decent board he will be taken down…what about the other heroes in the defence team? If GM has forced you to bring 3 blues then half his job is done whether he survives or doesn’t.

1 Like

Would make him “feel” more like a cleric, too. (Referring to Agwe as a cleanser.)

I do have trouble against Gravemaker tank when using my 4* heroes, but he is more manageable if he is not in tank position. Here is a video of my recent raid, as it had Guin Tank, I use 3 purple which had Rigard:

As you can see, it didn’t have good starting board, Guin manage to use her skill, fortunately Proteus manage to block Gravemaker shortly before he fire. The troops of the GM is not mana troops but even if it was and he manage to fire, my Rigard has his heal+cleanse ready.

Based on my limited experience:

• Taking Aegir+4 tank with emblemed 4* team is easy, I did that often without any green.
  • Taking Guinevere+4 tank with emblemed 4* team is doable.
  • Taking Gravemaker+4 tank with emblemed 4* team is hard, 4* heroes didn’t have high HP to withstand the DoT if the starting board is unfriendly.

Sorry about the resolution/orientation of the video… I forgot to turn of chat notification and in the middle of the battle, a chat from my mom appear :man_facepalming:t2: Had to edit it out but it change the resolution…

1 Like

Then flank GM with Zeline and watch them all die :smiley:

While my anti-GM squad is Ariel-Grimm-Magni-Kunchen and one is rarely a reason to reroll, it is terrible when Zeline is also on the enemy team. It’s almost always instant reroll, unless everything else is bad.

Yes, GM is OP - I explained it several times. Very Fast mana is huge advantage and every hero with this option has a serious flaw. Jackal is single target mediocre dmg, vampires are single target DOT with situational healing steal, Kage is half the damage below threshold and low hp… Meanwhile GM has no flaws, insta dmg, serious DOT, all done to 3, extra dmg to element, tanky stats + elemental link. No flaw. There should be flaw.

I’d be a fan of releasing a 4 star blue counter to him, which would need to be fast either removing DOT or changing it to healing. I am afraid though that this counter would also totally ruin poor Azlar or even Marjana…

1 Like

Exactly why you see so many zeline + Gm defence teams including my own :wink: currently running Ariel Zeline GM Kage Drake in that order , holds cups well

GM tank with Zeline flank is literally the only exception to my normal stacking rules due to how effective their synergy is. Normally I stack 3 against tank and 2 against one of the flanks, but bringing 3 blues against Zeline is asking for trouble. So when I see GM + Zeline on defense I bring a team like this:

Aeron helps block the burn and attack debuff, and the red stack is at least neutral damage to GM. Success rate depends on who else is on the defense but is probably around 50-60% on average.

I used to panic just to the thought of facing GM… until I got Onatel.

With Rigard, Zim and Onatel I can control him very well.

It takes time (all Onatel victories take a lot of time and strategy), but it is possible.

I’m not saying I don’t lose to him any more, but my rerolls have decreased and my victories increased.

Nadnog is coming.

1 Like

I just tried fighting him. And lost… i killed him but at the cost of the rest Of his team mana up And killing me… kashareck you can shoot tiles on him…fm is opposite

That is why I always go with 2 cleansers against him (Rigard and Zim).

He is not easy, he is arguably the second best tank in the game, but it’s possible to beat him

Your wish have been granted, the new Sonya (druid costume) can cleanse with fast speed.

1 Like

I didnt read through all the comments but i was gonna say Sonya with the new costume is exactly what you want (although yelnats beat me to it). Now for easily obtainable, that remains to be seen. But yeah costumed Sonya is exactly what you are asking for. A Blue 4* fast Sniper and Cleanser. Sounds like she will be to Gravey what Seshat is to Guin. Im still kinda worried about how the whole costume thing will roll out. Lets hope it goes over well. I have a horghall chillin at 1.1 and if i can grab hia costume, he might actually get some feeders

1 Like

Definitely a step in the right direction for GM tanks. I’d like to think it was the thread, but it seems like the theme was to reverse heroes skills. I’m excited about the costumes, I just hope they figure out the RNG on top of RNG scarcity. Hopefully the ‘keys’ are as common as silver summon tokens.

I hate gravemaker, his mana is too fast, i hate it. I hope the guys at small giant games will fix the problem of gravemaker and fix the problem with the raid battles and tournaments.