:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Hero of the Month Legends 2018
Image Aether Power Description
dodge Dodge At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% chance to dodge Special Skills that deal damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability (if costume is available): Dispel on Special Skill
When this character casts their Special Skill, they dispel the newest status effect buff from all enemies.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Ashes to Ashes
  • Deals 135% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • The target and nearby enemies receive 312 damage over 2 turns.
  • Deals extra damage against Nature.
  • Element Link gives all Fire allies +5% attack and +5% defense for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes in the same Family.

Legends 2018 Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% defense.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all allies.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

Sep 2023

Dec 2023

:boom: Summons Availability :boom:
Or: Where can I get this Hero From?
Past HotM are available from a number of locations depending on their age.

As Gravemaker has been released for >24 months, he can ONLY be summoned in the Tavern of Legends Portal.
He can also be “Trained” using the Hero Academy Level 10.

Tavern of Legends
HotM’s which are >12 months of age are added to the summons pool in the Tavern of Legends Portal.

Hero Academy Level 10 Retraining
HotM’s which are >12 months of age are also added as a possible outcome of Hero Academy Level 10 Retraining.

More information on HA10 Retraining here: 🤓 Hero Academy! FAQ, Links, Guides and Discussion

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an old HotM?
Below Maths is current as of September 2020.
Subject to change as additional heroes are added to the Portal.

It’s important to remember that the Tavern of Legends Portal has the lowest odds for a specific hero of ANY portal… No amount of summoning will guarantee a Featured Hero.

You have a 0.25% chance of summoning a specific Featured Past HotM from the Tavern of Legends Portal (0.0125% for a specific Non-Featured).

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 2.47% chance of summoning a particular Featured Past HotM (0.12% chance for a specific Non-Featured & 12.27% chance for ANY Past HotM).

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

(Each 30x Summons costs 8,000 gems or ~$79.99 USD).

# of Summons ~ USD Cost
pre-tax
Odds for Specific Featured Past HotM Odds for Non-Featured Past HotM
10 $26.00 2.47% 0.13%
30 $74.99 7.23% 0.03%
100 $250.98 22.14% 1.24%
500 $1,251.88 71.39% 6.06%
1,500 $3,749.63 97.66% 17.10%
5,000 $12,500.75 99.9996% 46.48%
10,000 $24,998.50 99.9999999986% 71.35%

Putting that in Perspective

If 100 people were to complete 100x summons, spending ~$250 USD:

• 27 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 78 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 99 WON’T get a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

If 100 people were to conduct 1500x summons, spending ~$3,750 USD:

• 1 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 23 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 83 WON’T geta a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

If 1 Million players each completed 10,000 summons, spending ~$25,000 USD:

• 1 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 1 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 286,500 WON’T geta a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Gravemaker (post release)

:question: Is Gravemaker worth Summoning For?

NOTE, you can currently only get Gravemaker from the Tavern of Legends Portal or HA10.

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Only if you’re summoning for someone else
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Gravemaker would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Gravemaker’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer
  • Burner

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Gravemaker compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Gravemaker’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Gravemaker worth giving Barbarian Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Gravemaker is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Gravemaker is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Well, I must have done something right…

GM and Clarissa! Wow! I’ll take it! :flushed::grin::+1:t2:

11 Likes

Looking for some comparison Gravemaker VS Jean-François.

I know GM gets all the likes as one of the best heroes of the game, but we know how ridiculous are the odds to draw him within a reasonable budget.

I was lucky to draw Jean-François when he was the hero of the month, and I try to see how the 2 compares. I’m sure there are some reports but searching through the forum is not easy when these 2 have so many nicknames (Gravemaker, grave maker, GM, gravy, Jean-Francois, Jean, JF)…

The question behind is should a give a go to JF and save my gems for other events, or try a bit chasing after GM. I have already spent all my atlantis coins (9 pulls). I believe I should be happy with Jean-François and give him a chance.

@Guvnor had some sets of stats comparison as far as I recall, when we had our little argue around whether JF should have been hammernerfed so badly. Perhaps are still up to date?

Imho GM > JF, he’s faster, has less competition for emblems in most of the rosters and does immediate damage that adding up to his burn is higher than JF’s on individuals. They are comparable only if you consider that GM impacts 3 while JF 5. For heroes that do not shoot to kill imho that doesn’t matter that much.

On topic…

GM was the last hero I felt my roster is desperately lacking and I am so glad I am in minority here…

I have hoarded for around 100 pulls, he appeared between 60-90. Just in time to not overdue, break down and cry.

He’s finally going to be the reason why I am stripping emblems off my Namahage and Grimm. It’s insane that I had so many competitors for other classes, and not a single 5 star barb maxed (or worth maxing [Atomos waves sadly in the distance]).

It’s a big day for those who pull him and didn’t have him so far.

1 Like

They seem similar but besides the DOT there are more differences than similarities.
I mean.

Jean Francois is a little bit sturdier and has slighty more attack stats.
His speed is slower than GM but his DOT affects everyone instead only three.

Regarding tank position, or flank it depends .
JF could punish, in a way, if you want, an ice stack with his ice def up.
He can be useful against def down users.

On the other hand GM is suited to punish severly to green users.
He being very fast make him a serious thread.
Im not sure of using him on tank position, however i see people tanking with JF, i will do myself(well only in wars, red is the color my alliance uses, and because i just pulled ursena so shell be my tank outside wars)

Against GM you can take a cleanse user like Sonya and you will do fine(tough not if flanking a telluria).
Against JF you need both a cleanse and dispeller.

However , here on forums GM is god level and JF is understimated until ground

3 Likes

Decided to use my 500 coins on free pulls to fill the chest and got the Graveymaster! Chest got me a sturdy shield LOL

I love it he was the Hotm back when I started playing and was still using Bane as my strongest hero and he was like the god of gods just looking at his card! My red stack desperately needed hitting power so he’s perfect!

3 Likes

I did write some stuff on the comparison; it’s in the Jean Francois beta-beat thread.

I’ll see if I can track it down but if you find that thread & filter/ search me you should be able to track it down:

7 Likes

Congrats on your pull. I cannot imagine how I would feel if I hoarded for 100 pull and don’t get him. I do quite a few 10x pull, and had once a 30x.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the data. This comforts me in not chasing GM. Also, I have Killhare, which goes well with JF - and I have Vela which with JF make a good whole team dot duo, I guess.

Sorry for the off-topic.

I’ve been through that already when he was featured around a year ago with Hel. Scored me Hel but no GM.

Been waiting a year, glad this time it went better.

Even found the post!

2 Likes

Woah, that patience. At the time, I was just playing for a few days.

This took quite some time but you have finally been rewarded.

1 Like

I got lucky this atlantis and got Gravemaker and Mitsuko…
Amy sugestions which hero to lvl???
These are the red ones i have leveled + unleveled

2 Likes

Congratulations on pulling Gravemaker!
I would consider to work on Tyr as I believe he is fantastic! But no matter what, you have a splendid selection of Fire heroes!

1 Like

Tyr is a beast for sure, he kicks butt as the last man standing. But GM is also an essential hero. Tough choices that are nice to have!

1 Like

I wish it was my dilemma! Lol

@zephyr1:

2 Likes

Hehe you can tag me :wink: it is my comment :stuck_out_tongue:

Fixed now.

1 Like

If you hate Telly + Vela, Mitsuko is THE COUNTER for Vela. Finley in the left wing? No worries, here’s Mitsuko, eat your own damage. Nothing more satisfying than seeing them kill themselves. Also Mitsuko deals direct damage which you seem to be lacking.

However, GM is GM.

Very tough choice indeed. If you are going to stick to your JF, probably GM is redundant with him. If you hate JF and look for replacement (as I am now) and have a better wizard ready, GM is the upgrade.

I’d really have emblems decide. Which one are you more likely to max out? Which one would you put in your defense? Take that one.

I think it’s a choice where in both cases you will be happy but occassionally regret you didn’t max the other one.

1 Like