🦸‍♂️ Goseck - 5* Dark / Purple from Sanctuary of Gargoyles

He will surely replace Alfrike as tank in rush for sure. His devastating special + his stone skin will make him a nightmare. In another hand he is as slow as Ludwig everywhere else, so quite manageable.

I also think he is overpower too. Not as overpower as Kalo but still overpower.

@PlayForFun Could you make a balance discussion topic for Goseck ?

Ok, I will add it shortly.

1 Like

Every time I fought Goseck, if he went off, everyone disappeared. That did not happen when I fought kalo, even if a few of his allies were dead when he went off. Same with alfrike. She’s a monster, but I can weather that storm a lot of times (not in rush). With Goseck, it’s just not happening that way. Pure devastation, imho he’s more OP than Kalo. Just my personal opinion though based on my raids and such.

2 Likes

I have added it for you:

1 Like

@OldCynic @NittanyLionRoar Could you analyze this hero :sweat_smile: ?

5 Likes

I’m sorry, but the development team behind this particular hero are so out of touch and just plain dumb. No logic or real thought went into making this hero whatsoever.

3 Likes

I think no thought came from them when designing the gargoyles in the first place

1 Like

Goseck is also another prime example of how out of touch these Devs are. Mind you this hero used to hit 700% damage, and they decided that 50% nerf in damage is enough to call it a day. Like are they serious about that?

2 Likes

In fact, Goseck skill idea is actually similar to my old hero idea name Hellfire :sweat_smile:

Yeah, I read that as well. 700% damage with Fighter class is crazily powerful even with slow speed.

I think his damage should max at 550%. 650% is still too high as he also get 4 turn stoneskin.

1 Like

Also, what players are not factoring in is that, Goseck can only get to 2k damage range, IF, Defense down, Elemental Defense down, and 50% increased damage us all applied. It won’t happen in defense alot, but makes him a terrific offensive hero (which is really hard to find these days)

2 Likes

No hero should have the ability to do 2k damage to any one hero let alone multiple AT THE SAME TIME!

2 Likes

500%, the highest AOE I think is milena with 420%. 500% would be nice for SG standards, slightly higher because of the damage scaling. If I was stricter, 460% take it or leave it. Because you also have to factor in the stoneskin, and these people think 650% is good enough to release him as it is?

4 Likes

I assume that on average he will be at 50% hp. For max 550%, he will deal (275+550)/2 = 412.5% on average. A bit lower than Milena but his passive is bit stronger than Milena’s passive and he need a bit less tile to charge than Milena (Slow need 12 tile. 2nd-charge Magic need 12.6 tile.), so he will be a bit stronger than Milena as he is newer than her.

Anyway, 550% is highest acceptable for me. It is a line between very strong and overpower for this hero for me. So, it still feel a bit overpower for some people at that point. Milena also almost reach that point as well :sweat_smile:.

Yeah, 500% is nice for average new hero but I know SG need some new very strong heroes with a bit overpower (for money :joy:). I don’t expect he will be do to 500% :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

Well we have plenty of booster healers and you can boost your heroes hp to 3000 so no big deal

I pulled him with my free pulls and he’s in the line to get maxed after Khonshu

I hope I can use him before the claims for nerfing become reality

In case of nerf SGG should really think about allowing exchanges with another same-rarity hero, player’s choice. I remember similar suggestion back in 2020 and in case of nerf a Xnolphod or a Milena would be pretty good choice.

The best of course would be to not nerf anything but to raise the “power floor” to not make older 5* seem weaker than newer 4* and to not be jokes to newer 5* by comparison.

That’s the point. Most of the new heroes are really powerful and they can only be contained for a bunch of very good other heroes.

But most of the people can afford to get so many heroes or the new ones that could deal with powerful heroes aptly

Most of people have naked S1 heroes so it’s harder to have a chance against the new ones

I like the idea of raise the “power floor”. The new heroes would still be very powerful? Certainly. Business as usual. But it would allow a lot of players to at least put up a fight

1 Like

Okay I’m ready to emblem my Goseck. He’ll be mostly in tank position for me.

• Attack
  • Defense

0 voters

Okay, looks like attack will win out. I started mostly attack but added a couple def / health turns. I think he looks good like this. Will limit break him next.

1 Like