Google vs. Huawei

That’s not how treasury securities work. They have defined maturities. China could attempt to liquidate their holdings fast, which would harm the US’s ability to issue new debt in the short term. But China would also come out badly in that strategy.

Also, that article is old (2013). China owns about 5% of US debt, or around 1.15 trillion.

6 Likes

Every country spies…including the US - true. But are you suggesting that because of that when the US catches another country spying, they should let it go? Lolz. No. That’s not how spying works. It’s not intended to be “fair”. In fact, the exact opposite is true.

USA, Russia and China are just taking a contest who is capable to ■■■■ more far.
That’s pretty much how i see this kind of quarrels.

Like them or not, right now we have 3 not so “moderate” leaders on top of the 3 best economies of the world.
So we have 3 stubborn children that want to play the captain on the same game, and no one want to be second.

It usually not end very well.
For none.

I don’t know who’s right and who’s wrong.
I have an idea that no one is really innocent when we talk on so much money.

But diplomacy should be the tool for this kind of situation.
This not seems very diplomatic.

7 Likes

I’m enjoying this discussion, and I think the community content thread is the right one for it. Hopefully the conversation can continue, and remain civil, so we can all learn more about the subject.

2 Likes

I knew that this would come to sth political, but there are probably lots of players using Huawei phones including me.

Hopefully this won’t get impolite…

2 Likes

In Canada, with their CFO in house arrest, we’re smack dab in the middle of this mess. Canadian tourists who end up in China have had to leave or risk their lives by staying there. One of my friends was there teaching English, and she got the hell out of there just last month because she was not going to take any risks. She’s out of a job but at least she’s alive.

World is depressing.

4 Likes

I don’t think we can ignore the politics of it. I’m just hoping the politics don’t become used as personal attacks because of some partisan beliefs.

If we can all accept that pressure is being exerted by (and to) the leadership of multiple countries, and continue conversing about what the possible outcome will be for we individual players, then we can have a great, educational discussion.

I’m Canadian - and I only mention that because I thought we already had 5G or am I totally confused as usual about all things technical?

My Shaw Wi-Fi says it’s 5G. Isn’t that what Huawei is about?

5 Likes

5G WiFi = wLan @ 5.8 GHz

5G mobile = 5th Generation
= follower of LTE

2 completely different things…

Huawei has nothing to do with it directly, since both are for all phones.

2 Likes

I’ll take you at your word because I didn’t understand any of that :rofl:

1 Like

just leaving this here. peace do with the information what you want. in foresight just get a different phone. china phones are basically cheap to spy on everyone in the world.

There aren’t any non Chinese phones. Even Samsung (Korean) and Apple (US) are assembled and partly developed in China, too. There isn’t any non Chinese electronic at all.

2 Likes

recent news

1 Like

true. many electronics are assembled in/by China. times are changing lets see what happens next.

2 Likes

China will just develop a new Google, with black jack and hookers.

3 Likes

My phone is Huawei. What will this ban mean for my ability to play the game in the future?

1 Like

That question was my intention to open this thread.

If google will quit to deploy Android updates, it may become worse.

Found this german article

Buy Samsung stocks now. They will probably take a huge profit of this mess.

2 Likes

Russia isn’t a top 3 economy. Not top 10. They’re roughly equal to Italy economically

1 Like

They are great importers, while Italians are more exporters. The only thing they really mass-export is gas, which other countries (expecially in europe) simply don’t have and MUST buy from them.

As such, they have much more “lever” on other nations and international politics compared to Italy, even if numbers say otherwise.

Your voice is louder if you can buy from anyone, but others must buy from you.

1 Like

hi !
i don’t know if there are many guys here playin’ on huawei-smartphones etc.
my first problem is here : money on google play isn’t usable any longer - wanted to expand vip-pass.
so my next fear : how long i’ll get updates ?
i don’t want to change the phone cause it works well for me :frowning:

wave

And of course America doesn’t spy on anyone right?

Yes all countries spy, but when the “leaders” of nations act like business men trying to out do eachother then that can open a whole lot more can-o-worms which just produces more disfunction in the world.