Google vs. Huawei

It’s good artists copy, great artists create variations on a theme.

1 Like

That is what i ment, Hasi1 posts a question/provides info about google payments, but now on top of that there a dozens of posts about something we do not know. As there were no smoking guns etc. And even if there are - 5g has nothing to do with androids phones. But no, usefull info is being lost in all these conspiracy theories by Halifax and responces to that.

A smoking gun is only circumstantial evidence. So quite literally finding a smoking gun at a crime scene would not be “a smoking gun” in the sense the commonly used phrase means.

Is this thread even related to E&P anymore?..

Just poitical theories, conspiracy theories, and i haven’t seen E&P mentioned in quite awhile, didn’t read all the way but i would guess no mention of it since the OP.

Why is this still open?..

@Garanwyn @Rook @zephyr1 @Kerridoc @Petri

Is this a gaming forum or a political debate forum?

There was no evidence, that back doors etc exist. Most u.s. papers say the same. I may agree that the fact that it is not clear who owns huawei and that it is close to china officials and that it may be a valid reason for us gov to act like that because of how strong huawei in 5g are.
But they could just f their 5g buisness…

When this thread started, I understood it to be about a phone manufacturer who (perhaps) made phones which were used to play this game.

• Several players mentioned use of this phone.
  • The conversation explored the politics of the trade dispute between Google and Huawei
  • …explored reports of spying
  • …explored whether google updates were no longer available for this phone (still available as of 4 days ago)
  • …explored whether Huawei was conducting industrial espionage

I’d like to see this tied back to E&P again so as to fit Forum Rules, particularly Rule 9. Thanks y’all. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Many players game on Huawei phones. The thread contains posts on topics such as how to continue updating the game with a Huawei phone, in addition to some of the more far-afield conversations.

That said, I agree that we’re starting to wander pretty far away from E&P related stuff with some of these posts.

4 Likes

Actions of national governments - whether justified or wrongheaded (and discussion of them) which cause or could cause large numbers of the player base to be locked out of the game or in some way impaired while having no control over the situation hardly seem “wildly off topic” in my understanding of the concept.

That said, moderators can make any ruling they like, and we have to obey…

Hey, it’s like those two levels of oversight are analogues! #tiedtogame

You should buy samsung hahah xD

Not at all. Any posting by players who have this phone stating they currently use it to play E&P (or are having difficulty using it to play E&P) make it instantly relevant. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree - that’s what I’m saying. I also need to find a place to put my sorcerer emblems, but that’s not related to this topic.

Do you think there is any change that e&p will be linked to Huawei id and possible to save progres of the game ftom Google account? I really hope it does as i own mate 30 pro now and i’m force to play on a other phone. :neutral_face: I won’t change my phone. And i wonder which company should take this case, is it Huawei or e&p developers? Wish all of you good gamimg anyway :muscle: and #stayathome

2 Likes

? I have an Huawei and I’m sinc with Google play… What do you mean?

Edit: had Samsung before and just sync Google account were the game progress is… Só I really don’t understand what you mean and why can’t you play at you new phone.

1 Like

I cant play because my new phone doesnt have Google services at all, so game can not be run :persevere:
It says that i need Google services to play this game.

@Rfm

The newer huawei devices aren’t supported by Google any more due to us gov. Huawei now provides sth like playstore, but links to external apk’s instead of the original files.

Older phones have sth like stock protection. I also have a huawei, google play as well as updates are still possible on it.

I don’t think and don’t want that SG will ever support huawei id for logins, progress and in-app purches.

2 Likes

Too bad, as i am far from taking place in this political war between countries. I Just want to have fun playing this game. Still hope to get any solution except selling my new phone :joy:

1 Like

Buenas, me gustaria saber si es posible entonces y como se tendria que hacer, instalar el juego en un móvil Huawei.
Gracias

Dunno if it’s possible on newer ones.

It’s available for those delivered with PlayStore.

Dear Small Giant, do you consider releasing the game in Huawei store?
Hope it’s in plans.

Thanks much.

I’m not sure it will be. It’s the same in the UK.
As long as the US and Europe and the UK believe there’s a risk of China spying through 5G networks, Huawei technology will be banned in those countries or severely limited.
A few days ago the Swedish appeal court upheld the ruling banning all 5G equipment by Huawei.
Small Giant/Zynga being a U.S company, isn’t going to put their games on a Chinese developers phone in case the Govt turns round and accuses them of allowing China to spy through their games.