GooglE Play Card Purchase Enquiey

Hey legends , question incase anyone knows. I get Google Play cards once a month as an incentive for work, pretty sweet. Question is if I use a $30 card on a $50 gem deal does It allow you to pay the other $20 with another method to cover the difference? Or does it just not allow the initial purchase at all?

I don’t have an Android device, but based on some quick Googling, I found some articles that seemed to indicate split payment is allowed.

I also found this on Google’s Support site:

You can only combine your Google Play balance with another form of payment or promotion if your balance is less than your purchase amount.

Source: What you can buy with your Google Play balance - Google Play Help

2 Likes

That should work with any VISA, MC or AMEX gift card too FYI. As long as the amount on the card is less it ur phones wallet or payment setup will use it and then go right to what is behind it. If the balance is higher it will not allow u to enter amounts ahead of time to split. Only “in-store purchasing” can do that as of now. Just some additional info for everyone. Also don’t forget to register those GCs when u get them. If u lose it or it’s taken u should take a pic if the card number and 800 number so u can call and if it’s registered they will replace it. Have a great day all

2 Likes

Awesome cheers you two :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use Google gift cards also. Yes it allows for the purchase to be completed by taking the Google balance first and the remainder from a secondary payment method ghat is preloaded to your phone.
Ie: $25 google balance & $25 visa/mc

The most common problem that owners of Android devices may most often encounter is an application download error from Google Play; in this case, the application is not downloaded. There may be different error codes or unlimited downloads in the notification. An application from Google Play Market may not download to your Android smartphone or tablet for various reasons: The app does not download due to lack of internet connection (Wi-Fi/3g or LTE). Error due to overflowing cache.
Error related to the work of the Google account. I had an error with the cache because I often entered google play codes.

Yes you would just have to redeem it to your Google play account and have whatever card you want to use of file with Google play. You can remove your card after if you want

Thanks for the answers.