Global Titan / World Boss [Master]

So here’s what happened. We was all enjoying killing these titans and whatnot. Over and over. And over and over. And over and over again.

And we were all enjoying our wars. Win. Lose. Win. Lose.

And the events come and go.

But then one day. Things got dark. Like it’s October and the vampires are coming dark.

But instead it’s the middle of the summer. A wet, hot night. Lightning crackles around the fortress. And then a red glow in the distance illuminates the battlements of our great castle.

All across the E&P universe a dark beast has appeared simultaneously to ravage the kingdom.

This beast is fierce. Im talking The Devil mated with the Armored Hydra carried by an army of frost giants and red queen harpy demons floating overhead. Just. Bad juju altogether you know.

This thing is a week long event. 100,000,000,000 hit points.

Titan flags come the same. But heroes are hurt, BAD, after fighting The Devil. They can’t be used to attack the devil again for 48 hours. (Can reset them at the 24h mark with gems).

Loot tiers exist at the upper ends of the Global Titan fight. Top 10 spots all equivalent and comparable to finishing first overall in an event. Top 100 spots netting some good loot as well. Top 3000 looking to replace items likely used, along with a bonus EHT of course.

If the Devil is dismissed then the entire server benefits with an EHT, double production rates for Farms, Mines, advanced farms and mines, houses, and 33% faster Training camp rates for the next 14 days. A cut scene following collecting rewards from the defeated global Titan shows the devil forced back into the pit while names of the top 100 alliances, with myriad heroes throwing spells after him appear on screen. The contrast of the game world should probably be turned up a notch too.

If the devil is victorious, instead… then the red hue and darkness stays for… well… however long. Until October. Or a month. And. For the cut scene - a one star hero is destroyed. His soul is ripped from his body - martyred to ward off the Devil. Existing copies of the hero will stay in the game. But he will no longer appear in the game as a 1* hero. (Yeah I’m looking at you Derick. We all know you’re the first to die!) (on the plus side. This totally opens up the possibility of him coming back as some red possessed evil 5* deric!). I would have all advanced building work at a -50% lower rate for the 2 weeks as well, as the final kick in the pants.

OH. There needs to be some scaling to let less powered people deal damage of course.

At the start of the battle The Devil casts a spell changing all defense and attack of the heroes to 500.

We can think up some flavor for that. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is on the most wanted list but you certainly added some new
and interesting facets!

1 Like

These are similar…but your preamble is much more entertaining

2 Likes

Indeed!

Stand by.

Moderator’s Note

Post order in this thread will depart from normal chronological order until my next post.

3 Likes

This Idea was brought up by an Alliance mate of mine, Adar, in Heathens of Sparta and it seemed too good not to mention here. How about making a new weekly or bi-weekly event World titan that everyone could attack to defeat. It would be a competition with tiered rewards for participation. Once it is set up, it would basically run itself every time it is triggered.

The idea would be that a “Realm Eater” titan would arrive and everyone would have to team up to defeat the titan or drive it away. It could be a titan of one particular element or multiple elements combined. This is just a base Idea, so I won’t go into detail as I have none. What do you all think?

10 Likes

I like the idea but I struggle to see how to find a balance between frustratingly hard for lower players and a mind-numbing distraction for advanced players. Would it be feasible to have tiered titans like we do now, say 1-3* behemoths, and how to facilitate who fights which level? Would you base it on player level, where the specific titan is only viewable on a player-by-player basis, or run it on alliance score, where it requires x amount of alliances working together to bring it down?
Would also need to take titan flags into consideration; those in the smaller alliances don’t have much downtime between kills leading to ‘spare’ flags, so maybe some alternate form of energy, or a fixed amount i.e everyone gets 6 attempts over the space of a weekend.

I dunno, but you’ve got me thinking now, I’d be on board.

I think it’s a great idea and i want to change my in-game name in Mikasa.

Uaaaassaaaa!

What a great idea!! It could have near unbeatable health, just have a leaderboard and loot rewards according. Could be random loot too.

Yeah. As a 10* titan has about 3.200.000 hp, and shows up 1 per day per high power alliance, we could round up to something about 5.500.000 hp per day. So if the titan was bi-weekly 14 x 5.500.000 = 77.000.000 hp.
That x médium number of aliances that can really harm a 10* titan (lets say 80) = 77 x 80 = ~ 6.000

Finally, each 2 weeks a huge titan with around 6.000.000.000 hp shows up to be killed in 2 or 3 days by the entire game.

I think it would be fun!! Moving from 140.000 damage on a 8* to 40.000 on the huge titan kkkkkk
Although I think it should demand another kind of energy flag or replace regular titans on the period.

My thought was more towards having “one shot” at it with the entire roster. Make up a team of 5, attack the titan in a timed fashion like now. Anybody that dies though is dead for that titan for the rest of the time that it’s up. SO maybe you run out of heroes eventually and gotta rely on other people to finish it off. Plus you get to test more heroes and have incentive to level up and use 3* and 4* even if you cannot max them out.

Haven’t thought of rewards much, but entire alliance scores / rewards would be nice, meaning, reward alliance over personal or individual scores which we get in the challenge events. Also disallow items use like raids.

would make it fun to have a world collaboration towards one goal. Make some titan stages to make it different over the week (titan gets different attacks depending on how much health is left) etc.

Run with the idea :wink:

4 Likes

Lots of great questions. I’d imagine that since it would be an independent uncommon event, that there would be “flags” associated with the event separate from the usual Titan flags. Even if I were a starting out player, I think I’d prefer just one level of massive titan even if it destroyed my entire team with the first blast. It would definitely give me something for which to strive. I like challenges though. Even if a very low level player did only 500 damage to the creature, it would be a contribution toward driving it away and the Heroes would have given their “all” for the good of the realm.

Having participation based on Minimum alliance score is an option as well. This would also give young alliances something else for which they could strive. Independent players not associated with an alliance would be left out of the event though, unless they found one to join for the interim.

Great questions though, lets keep this going.

Disallowing items? Are you a sadist?

This is a very interesting idea. One way to allow individual player participation at all levels is to set a time limit of say 5 minutes, once per day for 5 days as an example. You would do as much damage as you could in those 5 minutes, without using items that are already in short supply.

The titan could throw a series of attacks similar to those in other titans, but not as deadly as the current titans. You would need to counter with hero specials instead of items. If a hero dies, he or she reappears in one minute healthy. The attacks would be based on strength of team, perhaps a percentage like the revenge bar in alliance wars. New curses or hexes could be added like mindless attack, etc.

Scoring would be by total damage inflicted. Because the titan is massive, AOE heroes should get a substantial bonus over what a single hitter should do, perhaps even a sum of three or five attacks.

3 Likes

The AOE Angle is interesting as the Creature would be quite huge. Maybe it would cover several character spots and therefore be susceptible to more area of effect damage.

Heyoo,

I’ve been wondering why there’s not such a thing as a World monster/boss we all should cooperate to slay it, there are so many options in order to work out this around and benefits for all. The concept is pretty simple and it has worked in all the MMOs I’ve played so far.

World based Titan

• Concept: titans with massive amount of health and unique skills, active (damage, debuffs…) or passive (damage over time, slower mana…), to withstand a massive amount of attacks and put some flavor into the challenge.

• World Titans: the star system can be used with this feature aswell, increasing the World Titans stars will increase their reward, but also the challenge. As long as the difficulty escalates along with every new star I don’t think we are going to need any new star in near future.

• World Titan Flags: there are many ways to address this aspect of the feature, considering the amount of active players there’s in the game I think 2 flags (1 for Mon-Wed, 1 for Thur-Sun) per World Titan is more than enough, although this can be worked around based on the amount of health each World Titan would have.

• Rewards: I’d maintain the ranking system of regular titans, maintaining the %s for each rank as there’s going to be way more than just 30 players attacking. How should it work? instead of calculating individual’s damage made I’d make it Alliance based damage, so when the titan has been slayed it should calculate the amount of damage made by all the members of an alliance and rank it based on the % of total damage made. All members of an alliance, who have contributed, should receive the same reward.

MORE IDEAS

Constructive feedback will be very much appreciated, don’t hesitate to post any idea you may have about this concept! Thank you for your time.

I was thinking of something similar just today. Well done for kicking off the discussion!

A few ideas to add

• perhaps a competitive element between super alliances (is this what you mean by star systems?)

• a mix of alliances could take on a super titan (or as an alternative Titan nest). So alliances would fight titans, or just elements of a titan (left tentacle or second wing) based in strength

I’m thinking of something like the Red Death from How to Train your Dragon

3d30add73770cc41c680776317bb0e0f

3 Likes

another reference I love…

(gets on broom and flies away quickly, bc off topic…)

1 Like

Hey there!

thank you for the response!

More or less! What I mean is using the regular titan star system with World Titans aswell, like we first get a 1* and the stars increase as we defeat them. As for a competitive element for super alliances I can’t think of anything other than decent loot, highscores and maybe Alliance points from it, any idea right there?

I really like the ideas, fighting elements of a titan would adapt every alliance’s level to the fight regardless of how huge the world titan is. The nest idea as an element is great aswell, that made me think of something more to rise the challenge, what about smaller titan summons, sorta like minions, smaller alliances could fight? I gotta add your ideas to the main post, thank you!

Hahaha yes, that’s the idea! I have no idea how they can make it though (graphic wise), too used to MMORPGS in wich world bosses barely fit in the screen :rofl: but yeah, actually that one would make a very nice world titan.

Thank you for your time and for sharing your thoughts!

P.S- Can I have Toothless in my base? :heart_eyes:

1 Like