Global Titan / World Boss [Master]

Love, Love, LOVE this idea! So, going to steal a few of the aforementioned ideas, add some of my own and throw in some pros/cons along the way :grin:

The ‘elements of a titan’ aspect is very interesting. Each area could be a different strength like Very Easy, Easy, etc. This would allow smaller alliances/players the ability to join in on a * of titan that may typically be out of their range. SG currently uses those types of rating on events, so I’m thinking something similar.

This might work better as an individual choice instead of at the alliance level, especially if you have different areas of the titan to select from that are different levels. If at the alliance level, how would it be decided which area the alliance hits? Hopefully not by the alliance leader :persevere:

At the player level, the player could decided what level best fits for their titan attack team. Since alliances typically have a range of players, this would allow each player to play according to their team instead of the attack strength of their alliance.

Of course, this is only relevant if the super titan has areas with different difficulties. If it’s just a single area with the same difficulty (As normal), then everyone just hits. But I really like the different areas/levels as this would make it different enough from a regular titan to gain interest within the player community.

I think the logic currently used for titans could be used. The lower the *, the less chance of good ascensions mats, etc. BUT, I think this would be a great opportunity for SG to tweak the %'s up for getting ascension mats. It would be designed to be a difficult event, so should be treated as such.

If areas/levels were implemented, there would also need to be some additional code that handles the thought of an 8* titan on Very Easy level.

Scenario 1: A set amount of flags that each individual can use on any area/level. PRO: If one area is killed then the player can continue to hit the titan in a different area and use their flags. CON: Would the player receive more than 1 titan chest if playing in 1+ area? We currently have the ability to play on different levels in some events and we get a reward for that, but this sounds like a slightly different scenario.

Scenario 2: A set amount of flags that can be used in only 1 area. PRO: This solves the question about getting multiple titan chests. CON: Flags are wasted if the area is killed before the flags are used.

Scenario 3: Flags are regenerated over time as they are with the current version of titans. Depending on how often a super-titan would spawn, this would only work if super-titans were spawning at about the same rate as a regular titan.

Thoughts:

1. Players would get credit for killing a super-titan in their titan chest.
  2. Did I mention I love this idea? :grin:
2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

This

and this is just awesome! it’s true that most alliances have a large range of members with very different TP, this would allow even the lower to contribute without being 1hit (that’d be really frustrating).

I like scenarios 1 and 3, it depends on how they’d work this around, if it’s an alliance’s based reward there would be no need for multiple chests. As for regenerating the flags, that’s a tricky one I couldn’d think of anything that’d work there…it’s going to be a little hard to balance the amount of flags since an 11* should definetely be waaaaaay harder than a 3*. We also would have to take into account the amount of people that’s going to beat it.
As for the scenario 2, do you mean 1 flag to be used in any area or 1 flag in each part to be used there? Although I love the idea of being able to test out all areas that would take lower members fun away.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts! gonna add them to the main post, let’s see if we all manage to create something attracting enough for SG to implement it.

I was thinking that the player would be given a set amount of flags and s/he would then select a level. Once the level was selected, those flagscould only be used in that level/area.

I’m not a big fan of this scenario as the flags would be wasted if that level/area was killed before the player used all flags. I also prefer scenarios 1 & 2 as they aren’t as strict and would seem to be more fun.

That would be a great idea, instead of “dooming” a whole alliance to a especific level/part of the titan it’d be awesome if members could select the level they want to hit (sorta like the events’ levels). As for the flags, maybe set a defined amount for each area/part or something alike.

We gotta get more people and ideas coming through!

hey all

SG, why not think about a huge weekly world Boss? a huge fight on two days ( saturday / sunday for exemple )

Everyone could participate, like a alliance’s Titan, but this time, every player could bring damage.

like…a world event…;p

More like going against the Titan King. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Love the idea.

How about a battle against some kind of small giant :rofl:

But would be great for community cohesion and cooperation :grinning:

15 Likes

yes, i think it should be great…huge and violent Titan For all…not idea how it could be implemented, but could be fun…

thats one of the best ideas ever!!
i really like it, it reminded me of a game called Dragon Dogma on the PlayStation where it have a similar idea and the loot is divided by the total damage given to the dragon, and the killing hits get a bit extra loot, as i recall you could only hit it once every 24 hours, and sometimes its get killed in 3-4 days sometimes longer
hope they introduce something like this it will be a game changer for sure

2 Likes

yup, it’s a great concept.

for exemple, one World Boss per Week, with 36h of battle…with rewards like tournaments based on grades.

i think we have to see in global ( like alliance score damage ) and not individual performance

@Petri @Kerridoc @Xero786 @Wharflord and others active members and all, what do u think about this?

3 Likes

If it’s a weekly activity and lasts for a greater part of a chosen day, it would be fun.

But please don’t follow other games and don’t force us to come online twice per day at arbitrarily chosen hours. I hate all those games with things like 2-2:30AM - world boss with insane rewards.

i agree with u, one day per week, would be great. with a system of flags like titans/raid/tournament…

GIANT AIFE.

20 Aifes

7 Likes

Additional awards for top players and top alliances, track scores the way they do in the raid tournament, top %

but it have to add in the rules, no flask lol

1 Like

That’s a really cool idea!

need a community event !! :handshake:bring the vote, bring the hype!

20 SG

…hmmm…the idea is nice, but I am not sure if its possible. A 12* Titan can take down a 5* hero with two hits if you don’t use items. So, how to beat a global titan? It would one shot all heroes, no matter how many items you use, except it would have a really poor attack, which would be the only possibility to give newer players a chance too. But that would mean, that players with full 5* teams, would have a massive advantage, which would lead to many complaints.
Like I said, I like the idea, but I don’t think its possible to create a Titan, that really everyone can fight against.

1 Like

Oooo how about…if the community fails to kill the world boss then that province is globally off limits for x number of days

4 Likes

I think it should hit like an 8/9 but have a high defense score (huge HP, of course) and be immune to -def

2 Likes