Global chat improvements

Ahí discrepo un poquito en la última parte, ya que si gustas de redes sociales bien, pero hay muchos que no, y al solicitar asimilar Chat de juego perdería la esencia.

Hi All, is there any possibility in the future to have a system which can monitor messages on global chat or “physical” moderator checking messages? In Italian chat there’s a kind of “ban” war. A lot of players have been muted for a certain period and the messages involved have been reported for a simple “hello” or something like that. My opinion is that a way to protect players with a correct behaviour from this unfair use of the report botton is absolutely needed. Also because replies from support says that in case of permanent ban there’s no way to come back on the decision, even if reported messages don’t violate code of conduct at all. It looks like that the permanent ban is automatic after a certain number of periodical ban. It doesn’t matter what reported messages are, there’s no control regarding the meaning of the messages or if the violation of the chat rules is real or not. The situation on Italian global chat is ridiculous these days. Players like me are not using global chat on purpose to avoid the possibility to be targeted by these “serial report players” as there’s no protection. Wouldn’t be better to review the reporting and the ban system?
Thanks a lot fo reading it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Help with titan posts currently are taking over all of the general chats. Not only the general chat, but also for exemple alliance recruitment chats. There should be a separate “Help with titan” chat channel and everyone that uses another chat for this should be reported and blocked from the global chats for a certain time as punishment. The report of spam doesn’t work, probably because they do one post in each channel and not several ones.

This problem is destroying the global chats, probably in all languages and forces people into use other apps for chatting. Please fix this.

The problem is alliances are not able to understand that letting a Titan run, on occasion, is beneficial to them. Punching above their weight leads to needing mercs, which causes them to punch above…you get the picture. Letting the alliance grow and the Titan level to grow with it, is a perfectly viable option, but one that a lot of groups refuse to accept.

Over using mercs is completely counterproductive, imo.

3 Likes

That might be the reason but it telling people this won’t change the amount of posts. If titan beggers and hunters wants to do this, let them do it but in another chat.

3 Likes

A fair enough suggestion.

Mercs have been around since the game began, so they aren’t going away, but I think if alliances learned to win or lose under their own abilities, then the merc requests would lessen an awful lot.

The problem would be self fixing, in essence.

I wish you well in your petition :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: I’ve upvoted your request, as it is a reasonable one, compared to a few that I’ve seen.

Thanks a lot! I appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Curiosity got the best of me once or twice in three years and I briefly checked the global chat… the impresion I got was LOONY BAND… my vote would go for a definitive shutdown of the global char and the upgrading of the alliance chat in order to become a effective and reliable internal alliance comunication tool.

1 Like

I wanted to find a way to make a formal request to removing the chat ban feature and also increases the amount of people you can block.

It would also be very nice if you blocked someone that they can no longer see you. This would avoid a lot of issues. Since either offended party could see eachother. (Would also cut bullying down a lot)

If someone is spamming or their behavior bothers you … isn’t it enough to just block them?

There are a few ppl and increasing in numbers that feel they are in charge of policing the chats…

I also know for a fact they target ppl and decide to report them with all their alts…

I understand the logic behind the banning. I do not think there are enough mentally mature ppl to put just anyone in charge of this option.

Someone has a bad night… or doesn’t like someone… next thing you know there is someone banned ?

Someone ppl loved to get game advice from!!! Gone ?!?

The game is rated 12 and up… surely there’s not much someone could type that isn’t pg13?

I’m not naïve to thought that there could be bad ppl around … they will be around and they will be sneaky no matter they will find another game… actually if they were looking for kids in particular I’m sure they would download another game…

I beg for a consideration of my thoughts.

:pleading_face::panda_face:

1 Like

Global Chatrooms, ain’t it? Ahhh… I haven’t been there since… I can’t remember. My in-game alliance chatroom is enough for me. Less stress. Less worries.

5 Likes

not possible for everyone… some need to recruit and network
also I like to help people in peer support when then need and get help when needed as well…

I guess if you don’t merc, recruit or do anything in peer support this isn’t a problem but someone has to do these things for the alliance to stay running. (if you don’t, tell me your secrets) LOL :heart:

2 Likes

Hi, @Pandita. Nobody in my alliance do the recruiting. Well, we did early on way back in 2018 when we created our group back then. Then we got tired. Even so, people come in, even without us recruiting. Well, some did convince their fellow member/s from a former alliance. But that is just so few and far between. They come. They go. We get to max our group to 30. Now we are not. 24. I find it advantageous and less stressful than with a full roster. If new members join, fine and good. If not, it’s alright. It’s not the end of the world.

2 Likes

Recruit on here, FB, Reddit, etc. it’s better than global chat.

Repeatedly dropping heavy weights on your feet is better than global chat too.

1 Like

Some people deserve to be banned. Some people get banned who absolutely don’t deserve it.

The reports should be reviewed by a human being instead of warnings and bans happening automatically once they reach a certain amount. This record can go back pretty far too, imo old reports should drop off after a certain amount of time.

Also, once a person has been banned SG usually refuses to review it to see if it was even deserved or just someone being petty and vindictive. So there’s very little recourse for an unjustly banned person. If the reports were reviewed before a warning or ban was issued then people hopefully wouldn’t be banned because someone else was out to get them.

3 Likes

it’s true I know of reports for (someone) that went back many many months… also… seriously people have bad days and may say something off or not liked. I do like your ideas as well, also stick to removing the peers reporting peers option… hmm… MAYBE after so many people have blocked the same person… SG could review that instead? for example someone spams the snot out of peer support… you me lect sam star jr joe bob john tyler… all block him… this could trigger a investigation? Just another idea… something surely can be done? the human error in letting unstable “adults” report each other… is not working. Thank you for your ideas too!! :heart:

1 Like

Thanks for the ideas but I do like to be full… and enjoy helping people :heart:

1 Like

Just thought of another idea… it would still totally still stink… but… maybe just get rid of the permaban and constantly monthly ban them? surely that would drive ones with ill intent away and allow for the kind hearted helpful ones to return.
:cry:

anything else. I’m really not sure what someone deserves to be banned for? If they are doing something illegal it’s not like SG is turning them in or anything? I just block what I don’t wanna see… like changing the channel from a gross or scary movie, poof they are gone.

I do most of the time the same, but there is one problem. You mentioned peer support quite a lot. It’s nice for the people who want to help others when they block everything that annoys them. I for example block most questions for mercs when it’s always the same person asking day after day, because I don’t go mercing so no need for me to read it.

But there is also the other side, people who aren’t often in peer support or new players who want to know something. When there is only spam and whatever they are probably not really encouraged to ask there questions and won’t be able to follow the answers (if they get some).

I’m not sure if the system at the moment works, there are probably a lot of things someone could change, but I was/am quite a lot in the German peer support and never got banned or even got some notification that I has been reported. So there are for sure some players who get targeted without doing something wrong, but I’m sure there are also a lot of them who are banned with good cause.

PS. I am against perma ban, somebody who is innocent can’t come back and people who are trolling, spamming or whatever just to disturb the chat won’t wait, if they could come back after maybe a month or two.

2 Likes

Hello @Pandita! :heart:

I second @Zathrus’ suggestion to recruit here. You can get recruits here.

Back to the topic, hopefully something can be done about chat reporting. It’s nice that they have multiple rooms for global chat. It is not nice when your friend is unfairly chat banned for 30 days (!), and yet chats including English Peer Support are filled with multiple players requesting mercs - titan spam.

I know that I’m not alone from being put off by the sheer amount of titan spam during PoV. It just means that I spend less time in Peer Support. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I like to be full it’s fun… I’ll stick to alliance recruitment seems to work well.

If the blocks were unlimited you could just block the titan spam it’s usually the same people. Also the merc ads tend to stop if there’s a chat going on.

It takes the less finger action to block as to report. Imo super pointless. :heart:Ya and sick of seeing good helpful people get banned while … others get to stay…

1 Like