Global chat improvements

chat

AC = Alliance Chat? Yep, screenshot those.

3 Likes

absolutely! screenshot, and the date and time.

2 Likes

Problem: I see a lot of complaints regarding the AR chat channel (and I have experienced all of them having spent days and days recruiting for my alliance). There are too many ads, there is too much chatting, etc… While I believe both of these things should be allowed, I do think there are oft times people talking in the channel that have no business being there. Why not start by trying to limit who can be in the channel in the first place?

Suggestion: Add locks to the Alliance Recruitment Channel.

Version 1: The ability to lock a channel exists (proven by level 20 gate on experienced channel). Simply limit the recruitment channel to people without an alliance and people who are recruiters. For simplicity, define recruiters as people with the title of Elder, Co-Leader, and Leader of alliances. If you want to recruit for your alliance, earn the title of Elder or above.

Version 2: Create a unique “recruiter” distinction that alliance leaders can dole out in limited number. Only people with this distinction can enter the recruitment channel along with the alliance-less. I know this would be more complicated on the development side, and hence the Version 2.

These suggestions cannot prevent excessive ads and excessive chatting, but could at least limit the participants to those with a vested interest in the channel from the outset.

3 Likes

I found my alliance on global chat. I am a frequent watcher and participant. We all try to help the noobs. Yes it does get out of hand at times but I think it is used more as a stress relief of sorts. I also recruit on gc and have found some players there that I wouldn’t have found in other spots. There is always a higher level player or three or more in gc. They tend to be able to keep the raunchiness to a min.and also help the new players find alliances and answer questions. Thank you global chat! I have also made some friends that I would not have, had it not been there!

0 Likes

Hello! totally agree with you. This problem thrives very well on Russian global chat rooms. There are a lot of unprincipled and obscene phrases and words, and few words are automatically censored, this is due to the specifics of the language and slang, the only solution to this problem is to introduce in-game moderators in a chat that can instantly react to the bad behavior of players. And another problem is frequent bans for simple words not related to obscene, this is done by a certain group of people often sitting in a global chat and by prior agreement make a complaint against a disagreeable player, as a result this player gets a ban, the only solution is moderators.

0 Likes

This has nothing to do with new heroes or gameplay, but I think it would be a good idea to add some features to the chat to make it better, more fun and engaging. First of all they should let you see the whole message while you type so you can edit what you’re trying to say if needed. And to make Alliance chat more fun I suggest adding options to how you communicate that let you send voice messages and pics, kind of like Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp. Using Emogis wouldn’t be bad either.

0 Likes

New Season Ideas

[#ff0000]The splash banner[#fffffff] when entering global would be super tool to assist alliances, the message of no bullying no drama or what and a link to alliance rules that way everytime someone entere they see without disrupting the flo of the alliance chat

0 Likes

@Rook I would love to be a global ambassador that greets players & sends them in the direction of help. I’m not good enough to help in beta or be a moderator, but I love the game & would love to help make it better…Let me know if anything like that is in the works :heart:

0 Likes

No official hat/title, but ANY Forum member can be a good ambassador and greet new members, answer questions you know the answer to, etc.

The Forum largely consists of such people. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Rook I know the Forum is such a place…was hoping to impact Chat but it seems almost impossible…

1 Like

Every time someone makes a positive contribution, you’re impacting the whole forum. We appreciate you!!! :heart:

2 Likes

@Rook :blush:. I appreciate you!!! The people are what keep me here…Grinning ear to ear…

1 Like

I have a couple of suggestions. First, when a new player is able to leave base camp and enter global chat, they are presented general chat. They should be introduced first to alliance recruitment imo. I have seen many messages from players in ar stating they had no idea that room was there for weeks and even months. This change would be especially helpful since we are not permitted to recruit in gc. Also, it would be nice if any combos created at the end of a round carried over to the next round instead of wasted at the end of each round.

3 Likes

You can’t really just assume that everyone wants to be recruited immediately, but some kind of pop-up tutorial showing the different rooms would be helpful when entering global chat for the first time. General also attracts more than it’s fair share of bored idiots who just downloaded the game, and you don’t want them coming immediately to AR and causing a negative environment - leave general as the containment chamber for that.

1 Like

Lol. Imagine enteringing the game and starting off in alliance recruitment chat. Would either trigger a seizure or scare them away with all the colors

I do like the idea of a tutorial or similar notification. I had the same issue when I started

0 Likes

tbh global chat is now chock full of recruiting messages & little else , id like to see recruit msges blocked from global , they r a PITA

0 Likes

I do not know what the solution is, but volunteer chat moderators are not a viable solution ( see Notes ).

Devs could add a like button to chat messages, a solution button and trust levels. Borrowing all from how Discourse.org deals with forum replies ( code is open source not sure what copyright/ licensing is like - consult a lawyer ).

If they want to get fancy they could borrow some of Discourse.org badges like “First Like”, “First emoji “ and “First flag”. ( seek legal advice before implementing).

Notes

Click for Notes
0 Likes

There should definitely be a chat tutorial that automatically pops up before players get dumped in to general. Explain the different chats and specify what’s allowed in each room as well as what’s against the rules. Explain how to navigate between the chats and make sure to include alliance chat there.

This is a great idea and should be as easy to implement as that Bane tutorial was.

1 Like

No chance to get a grip on that crappy overflow. Can’t imagine why sb seriously wants to shout there at all. You often can’t even look as fast as the shouts run upwards. Could be closed imo.

Maybe limit the shouts by 1 per minute or sth like that.

If it was just annoying, it’d be okay, but that thing is more gruesome than horrible.

0 Likes

Each of the chatrooms have times when chat gets inappropriately overloaded by the topic of discussion. Innuendo, flirting, bullying, bragging, role playing, game playing (like the rhyme game), spam, and now even multiple players from an alliance all recruiting at the same time.

I think, with proper rule enforcement, all of the chats could improve. If anything, leave off topic to be the go-to for everyone to continue with the other stuff and add a spam moderator to AR.

Change general to a basic chat with post limits (1 post every 15-30 seconds) and residency time limits. Automatically bump players to off topic once they’ve been in general chat for 5 days and don’t allow anyone under level 40 back in to general. This will clear general of the never-ending role playing that happens there.

0 Likes