Give me something for my money, SG

Number of pulls you do doesn’t change the chance of getting anything. Each pull you do you have the same chance, they don’t add up. If chance of getting a particular hero is for example 1% and you do 100 pulls you still have 1% of getting that hero. It doesn’t mean that you get this hero once every 100 pulls.

2 Likes

The odds are very low but it does happen. I have seen more happen as well.

What is not taken into account is how many people are pulling at the same time. So depending on RNG you could take their good hero or they could take yours or neither because someone else will get it. It is difficult to be precise as noone knows who is summoning when.

for example is we did 10 pulls at the exact same time do you get 1-10 or do I? Will we receive staggered numbers (odds/evens)? There is alot that goes into all that and it is way to much math for me.

Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. That’s how life works too.

1 Like

Not this again. Pleas let’s not go down the path of arguing this on this thread. Instead go search for the threads where this has been discussed to death. You will either understand that the more you pull the better the aggregate odds or you will not.

1 Like

@P.HoratiusCocles

About 4 in every 10,000 10-pulls will produce 3 HOTM on average. Which is surprisingly high.

So if 100,000 players do a 10-pull, you can expect 40 of them to be wondering why SGG thinks they REALLY need Evelyn.

2 Likes

Do you realize what you just said? That someone takes your hero, your luck? Are you sure about it? What are the chances of two same 5* popping out in two consecutive days from TC20 or even on one day, cause I’ve seen that as well? Or not getting some regular 4* for 14 months and then getting four of it in 2 weeks?

I do realize what I said. It is all about RNG. When your time is up or you do a summon how many are doing it at the exact same time.

There are a lot of players. And I am sure many do things at the same time without knowing it. You do a summon and you get a number in the RNG. The hero at that number is what you get. Then for the HOTM you get another number which gives you a chance to get that too.

Maybe I didn’t word it correctly. Look at @Garanwyn’s post as basically that is what I meant.

Take a look around and find the post explaining that RNG is not absolutely random cause its starting point is not random at all. Everyone noticed that some heroes do love him a lot while some others are to be seen only in opponents and allies roosters especially if you are f2p of c2p.

1 Like

They were Zymkitas and guy already had one and he god the Panther onthe same pull with the 3 HOTM, what are the chances of that?

Do you realize what you just said? You will get a hero if he likes you?

The RNG needs to start somewhere. The starting point is the last number it was on the last time it was used. That is basic stuff. Each player does not have their own RNG.

Zim is a great example. I saved up so much for her but didn’t get her. I just move on and be jealous of people that have her.

2 Likes

Figure of speach, probably? The love thing.

Yes, a RNG produces a pseudorandom sequence rather than true randomness. But that doesn’t mean that the DISTRIBUTION of outcomes doesn’t approximate true randomness. The RNG algorithms are really quite good. The simple fact of the matter is that a lot of outcomes that seem surprising/unfair/cheating are actually to be expected in a game that hundreds of thousands of people play.

Random =/= Uniform Outcomes

2 Likes

You explain everything so much better :slight_smile:

1 Like

As we say around here: exception of the rule that only confirms it:wink:

I agree with the first part, disagree with the RNG that E&P uses being good. Its far to streaky…and yes I get RNG can have streaks - but it shouldn’t be a constant thing. Have worked with RNG for a long time, and when you can manipulate things in your favor based on patterns, it isn’t a good RNG.

Thank you very much, I’'m just a humanitarian and a bad one though:sunglasses:

I think saying they manipulate is going a bit far to be honest. That cannot be confirmed or denied, but far fetched.

There are how many people on the forum and then how many not on the forum. As mentioned with the number of players it is hard to make sense of the RNG.

Everything is just speculation.

I didn’t say they (SG) manipulate them, I said they can be manipulated. I’m living proof.

EDIT: Actually I’ll back that off a bit. I’ll say that I have seen high correlation
in certain patterns which I have been able to take advantage of fairly effectively thus far, but the sample size is too small to be conclusive. I have added a few more people to the testing to see if I’m right, or if random is just messing with me a few dozen times.

1 Like

@General_Confusion I was talking about RNG algorithms in the open literature in general. I have no clue what SGG actually used.

I know I haven’t seen a big enough sample to guess at how streaky it really is. The problem is, the outier cases (good and bad) tend to be the ones who post to the forums, while the average case–like me, who’s gotten one Buddy and no 5* in about 20 seasonal pulls–stays silent. Who wants to hear about average luck?

2 Likes

If you’ve got an exploitable pattern, hook a brother up! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I like saving money at LEAST as much as the next guy!

2 Likes

I will second this. If there is a good time of the day to pull compared to the rest that would be nice too.

Last month I saved and blew everything trying to get Zim. Pulled more than any other month (11 months playing|). I got her 0 times. At my stage nothing was really useful either…

But I sit here and take it like a trooper.

3 Likes