Give me something for my money, SG

Followed by the tune… “A fool and his money”!!!

That is why the micro transactions work so well. Like the impulse items at a grocery store checkout line, people go “what the heck its only a few bucks”.

1 Like

Sorry. I just hit the “reply” button, but it wasn’t intended to be specifically to you.

Is this…satire?

20 characters

I was happy to have that game. But after spending 120k for garbage, i am done. P off. Hope these people will suffer

1 Like

@Quagmire1 who/what are you responding to?

Just a reminder to keep discussions civil as well. IMO your post is borderline for flagging per the forum rules.

EDIT: Since I see you’re new to the forums, here is a link to the forum rules:

3 Likes

$120k… USDs??:eyes:

Maybe s/he means 120k gems? :pleading_face:

God, I hope so.

20 dollar characters.

1 Like

tumblr_or4px2mACR1s360juo1_500

20 thousand characters, all in advance

4 Likes

I dunno.

October: I spent 300 dollars trying to get Victor. Failed. Got 3 hotm (Aegir, 2 Zim)
December: I spent 200 dollars trying (600 lifetime) trying to get Guin or Arthur. Failed. Got Evelyn on an Epic token.

I did drop 30 bucks to get an xmas 10-pull for the express purpose of pulling Buddy. Got him. Was happy.

Overall, after the couple thousand I’ve spent on this game… I don’t feel cheated.

what’s the BFD?

1 Like

I got Victor. I have MN and Santa. I was disappointed, because I wanted Evelyn. That was the moment when I thought, where has the fun left me

1 Like

Still a cool $1200 at cheapest prices. Which isn’t the end of the world. But the only way that figure really looks good is in Indonesian Rupiah.

@Steve9999 your reply reflects exactly my situation. I am trying for a year to get a HotM. I know people who got 2x HotM in thr row. Yes they are lucky and people like me who are complaining are just unlucky with 28+ summons attempts. Yes I know WTF I do but still trying so many times and failing for months is just frustrating.
WTF should we do once we have all the standard heroes?

The lack of endgame goals which don’t require large $$$ investment is definitely a shortcoming of the game. The expected cost to pull a HOTM is over $130 (and the 95% probability point is almost $600). For many people, that’s a lot to spend to get one new thing you’re excited about. It’s one of the reasons several of us have been advocating for things like adding S2 heroes and old HOTM to the training camps.

4 Likes

I spent 300 trying to get Inari last Atlantis portal. I got Zim ×3.
I’ve done 4 10× pulls this month, and just one Evelyn.
Yet, for October i spent like 200-300 and nothing.

The RNG can be maddeningly frustrating.

$300 gives you about a 78% chance of pulling at least one HOTM. So failure to draw one is about as common as flipping a coin and getting tails twice in a row. And that happens all the time. You were very mildly unlucky in October.

$300 also gives you an 8% chance of pulling 3 HOTM. Or about the be same chance as flipping a coin and getting tails 4 times in a row. Not quite so common, but it definitely does occur. So you were a little luckier last month than you were unlucky in October. But neither outcome is at all surprising given the SGG percentages on the gates.

And this month, 40 pulls gives you a 41% chance of pulling Evelyn. About the expected outcome. Your chances are a little worse than a single coin toss.

This is definitely something to keep in mind when you’re deciding how much to spend.

In case you’re interested, here are the HOTM chances if you spend $300:

0 HOTM: 22%
1 HOTM: 33%
2 HOTM: 25%
3 HOTM: 8%
4 HOTM: 5%
5+ HOTM: 7%

So you can see that all those people reporting multiple Evelyns on the forum are actually not surprising at all.

1 Like

Oh definitely! I’m happy with just the one Evelyn. I also had about 15 gold coins. I couldn’t afford to spend that much this month Christmas and all. Otherwise i woulda dropped more money. The money i did spend were attached to offers. Such as 200 gems plus an unfarmable.

1 Like

I’ve been picking up those offers myself. Since I’m willing to spend some money, they’re really hard to turn down.

1 Like