Give back all emblems when resetting talent trees with gems

Except the ones with deep pockets can buy food refills too. The solution I think is to make Reset Emblems more attainable

3 Likes

Making reset emblems more attainable would be nice, and also a good solution if adding a timer for resetting with gems seems too annoying. My wife just got her second one from a titan chest drop, which was surprising to both of us because thatā€™s the first time weā€™ve ever seen one drop.

Thatā€™s a 3 month wait since we all got our first one! To give you an idea how significantly long that is, you are guaranteed an ascension item for your 5 star every 2 months from the Rare Quests (source: šŸ’« Memento Rare Quests). No such thing for Reset Emblems though.

1 Like

I am lvl 61 and it costs 4310 gems (about 50$) to refill 2766000 food. So working with 30 million food as the average (which it will be way more food at max levels to reset) youā€™re looking at $750 per war not including gems for the reset. I donā€™t see ANYONE spending $1500 per week on war bud. AND thatā€™s not even touching the ironā€¦safe estimate of 3k$ per week just ā€œfor a better chanceā€ at winning??? Youā€™re nuts.

2 Likes

I am not talking about wars. I am talking about raids. Whales can do a lot of stuff to obtain a high rank. Food can also be stored to a certain extent on TCs.

But you guys seem to ignore the simple solution mentioned above, that would prevent from doing so. Just let us reset 1 hero per 24h and then AW and Raids are safe. Where is the problem?

2 Likes

Iā€™d shift to one reset/week. Otherwise you get this problem:

Guardians of Teltoc starts!
Thursday: move emblems to 3* heroes; set amazing score
Friday: move emblems to 4* heroes; set amazing score
Saturday: move emblems to 5* heroes; setbamazing score

The food/iron cost may be high, but getting top-10 or even winning all three tiers this way pulls in a lot of goodies.

9 Likes

Totally agree. If thereā€™s one thing I donā€™t like about SG, is that they tend to be very focused on making you spend money with every decision. Itā€™s almost too greedy. If youā€™re going to force me to spend gems to get back my stuff, give me everything back.

Youā€™re keeping 5% of the emblems, all the food, all the iron, and charging me for that. Now youā€™re stealing from your customers. Thatā€™s how I feel.

Cool idea, why not?
Nice usage of recources.
If youā€™d be rich on ham.

Timer

Personally I dislike using gems to reset.

As a compromise I would like a 1 week timer ( each hero would have an individual timer viewed from the talent grid ) that can be sped up by a tiny amount of gem - maybe 30g - or a reset token.

For war, and Tourney, resetting you emblems on your DEFENSE team would be allowed.

For war, resetting your emblems on a hero ALREADY used, for an attack, would automatically trigger SPECTATOR MODE.

For Tourney, resetting your emblems on a
Hero ALREADY used, for an attack, would count as 4 defeats per hero you reset during a Tourney.

Reset emblems ( Edit3 )

Some good points here.

What if you could craft 1 reset emblem per day - 23 hours- AND Buy 1 reset emblem - 75g? - per day? So maximum would be 2 reset emblems per 23 hours.

@Rook suggested something similar.

You could hoard the reset emblems until your favorite Challenge event just like you can hoard crafted and, shop bought, battle items.

They could even have a reset bundle sale during each Challenge event.

1 Like

Instead of adding and removing, why not have a feature where u can SEE the progression in stats, but not necessarily commit till U push the confirm button? I mean thats the real argument, right? ā€œTheoretical buildā€. If I take this route, itā€™ll look like this, but If i go this way, itā€™ll look like that! Thatā€™s cool! Click to confirm. Done. No commitment, no gems, no loss of revenue for SG or players.

1 Like

Now this is an idea I can get behind ā€“ one I suggested in beta, in fact. What Iā€™d like to see is a ā€œCommitā€ button to confirm a path, and until you hit that button, you can alter the build pattern as you wish. You canā€™t play with the hero, but at least you can test some things.

Honestly, though, what you really need to use is something like the spreadsheet linked here:

4 Likes

Great idea. I was wondering why you didnā€™t get them all back in the first place.

1 Like

A 72 hr reset is reasonable.

1 Like

You can buy ham

Plus players know how to stock the hell out of ham for days like those anyways

2 Likes

Buying ham is probably the worst waist of gems and there will be not many paying 100s of bucks just to have another emblemed ready, but I see the problem with tc stored ham.

Well if it helps you get a high rank in challenges, the rewards are well worth it.

If everyone does it, ur just back to being 35001st place tho

I think the solution is to drop reset gems about once a month, with rng of course to ā– ā– ā– ā–  people off.

This provides enough to experiment with talents but not enough to abuse for raids and events.

The actual numbers of ham are insane and not sustainable - you would have people exploiting it for a little while but then it would stop. And i mean 1 or 2 weeks absolute max. Read up and you will see my post.

I feel that the emblems rob us of the good feeling of having finished a hero. I really enjoyed getting a hero to max and then move on to a new one.

This way we will never be close to maxing out all heroes, so in my opinion it would be way better if we would collect emblems but spend them on all our heroes of the right class (so if you have x amount of druid emblems, you can get x amount of talents on all your druids if you pay the food and iron cost). If it takes 2 years to collect enough emblems to get a 5* completed, then it will take 10 years to get a 5* monoteamā€¦ lets say they increase the droprate and it takes half the time, itā€™s still way to much work and worries.
Even if we didnt have to collect any more emblems after getting all required to max a 5*, it would cost alot of food and iron to get them to 20. This way we could also max out 3s and 4s without having to worry about great gem costs or making the wrong choice.
Reset tokens would be used for changing the path chosen in the talent tree, maybe you wanted more armor and health instead of attack.

Hopefully they will do something like this or completly remove the emblems.

(Iā€™m very c2p, and realize that people with deep benches of 5s will get an advantage over others but thats no different than before emblems were implemented)