Gilligan – 5* Holy / Yellow - March 2023 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

It’s conditionally v fast speed. And in this meta, it is easy for gilli to hit v fast

Weird, that i have met him one time in last week than. You talk like this guys shines in meta, which is kinda funny. Way too much conditional, when he doesnt, its deadweight. And when he does, you prolly about to loose anyway with so many active buffs by your enemies. 300% dmg with 60% bypass wont do that much.

2 Likes

I did end up with two. Just waiting for the soul exchange to come round again, I guess.

2 Likes

I never said he shined in this meta, he is ‘useable’ in this meta. If he truly wanted to shine, switch DU to 30% damage reduction for 4 turns and then we will talk about him shining in this meta

I’m buzzing with him at 1:1 paired with Wilbur and he gets a nice bit of mana from Wilbur’s shared damage, even with only two heroes in the opposition. People voting might have underestimated him.

4 Likes

i dont get the bad reception from him his passive sounds really strong, especially if elemental links are counted as well.

How many buffs are needed to fully load him? i assume that the mana gain scales with +mana%

1 Like

I didn’t get him… Might do some dune pulls… Might not… I’d like him… I think.

Because most people stop reading at slow and 300%

2 Likes

And to three targets

Well i got 3 in 2 days with very few summons did about 10 summons total.

I usually dont get the HOTMs I want (with some exceptions lol). I have 2 pulls left to try to snag him, see how I go lol. But I think he is slightly underrated atm. I am not saying he is stellar, but I think he is OK in the meta

Because I trust his “60%” chance to avoid defensive buffs to go off about 0.6% of the time if I attack with him, and firing into a buffstack of 20+ buffs may be wiffle-ball level damage; unless he really fires really quite excessively often for free, he’d leave me wondering why I didn’t bring a dispeller and/or buffblocker that could actually help?

Put another way:

If I’m not facing lots of enemy buffs, there’s very little reason to bring Gilligan.

If I am facing lots of enemy buffs, most of the time I might arguably be signifcantly better served by trying to do something about those buffs than bringing Gilligan(s) and hoping that his no-tile damage will happen so much that mitigation by buffs won’t matter.

4 Likes

I will most likely exchange all copies of him next SE. The only positive thing about him is his passive.

1 Like

The only reason Iam keeping him is for sentimental value cause he is a hotm…
And if, by any chance, gets also a buff in the future I’ll decide if he is worth leveling him…

I am both blessed and cursed …:upside_down_face:

May the portals show you all kindness!

9 Likes

This passive plus a healer/dispeller would have been amazing.

Please when will you fix this broken hero?

Got him from a free dune pull…what do indo with this pile of dung?

Soul exchange him?. Thats what i intend to do.

1 Like

I think younger players could use his mana buff. Older players are just going to find that there’s nowhere to put this guy. If I’m going yellow I’ve got Drake, C-Roc, C-Viv, Devana, Onatel, Inari, C-Joon, and Norns. Which one of those do I bench for Gilligan? And that’s not money, it’s 6 years of activity.