Gift the Alliance Leader

When I saw the title, I thought it was about making gifts to the leader from other members out of their pocket, and I was about to list about 50 reasons why that’s a bad idea.

The actual core idea here, on the other hand, is good. To make it fair, I’d expand on it as follows:

Introduce an alliance shop with a monthly rotation of available wares picked by the leader (perhaps out of a rotating limited list of choices).
Shop will use alliance points.
You get alliance points by:

1. Using titan flags / getting titan grades
  2. Using war flags / getting particular war scores
  3. Maxing 3* or higher heroes while in the alliance
  4. Bonus points for top performers on titans/wars

This way it isn’t a zero-sum game, top performers getting more doesn’t mean new players get less rewards. Everyone gets something and is motivated to participate.

1 Like

Como líder te daré mi apoyo , me gusta mucho la propuesta…

For someone to get more of something, someone will have to get less, They just can’t print endless rewards, they are running a minor economy. That just devalues things.

People getting an opportunity to buy, say, 1x 4* mat, 3x 3* mat, 300 gems and 2 pulls of one’s choice per month won’t affect the economy in any significant way, especially if it requires said people to participate more in alliance activities, thus perpetuating the gameplay cycle and dedicating more time and effort to the game.

But I am aware that gacha games giving away their most prized assets for free happens once in a blue moon, so this isn’t something to rely on being considered.

1 Like

As an Alliance Leader I think this is a fantastic idea. In fact, we’ve discussed it in the Alliance Chat frequently. We’ve a had few players over the last 6 months really deepen their benches and step up their War and Titan games. I’d love to be able to reward engaged players. Bring it SG.

1 Like

I’m not sure how that would work in our alliance? The leader and the co leads are fantastic (always awarded?) and the members are just nice and supportive to each other. I’m not convinced many of us would be onboard with it although some are ‘the life of the party’. :thinking:

1 Like

LOL it wouldn’t work in our alliance.

And don’t assume that getting top scores in wars or on titans always equals best loot, because it doesn’t. There are many times when I have scored A+ on a titan and gotten 0 unfarmable mats, while someone else scores a B and gets two of them. :laughing:

That’s just RNG at work. I’m happy any time anyone in my alliance gets something good. Do I feel a bit jealous when it’s something I wanted for myself? Well, yes. But I’m happy that at least somebody in our group got it. :grin: Especially if it’s someone who can make good use of it to level up one of their better heroes! The stronger they get, the better we all are as a team.

As for the gifting thing… I can’t think of any member who isn’t deserving of some sort of recognition or award. Even our least active and lowest level members deserve some credit for what they contribute.

I suppose it would be pretty cool if every week, each alliance was given a random bag of goodies based on how many members are in that alliance, and I could gift an item to each member depending on what they might need at any given time. Member X has been complaining that they really need a hidden blade? Well ho ho ho! Santa is here, he sees that you did a great job on that last titan, so here you go, you get a hidden blade! Member Y is in need of fine gloves? Congratulations on leveling up yesterday! Here are the fine gloves you’ve been waiting for!

Now that would be cool.

But if it was just one prize that I could only give to one person? Honestly, I’d end up just putting it on a rotational basis, or pull names out of a hat. Because every one of my members matter to me.

If it’s just going to be a prize based on participation? Well, that wouldn’t even have to be implemented on an alliance leadership level, it could just be automatically implemented into the game itself. Hit the titan 6 times in one day? Here’s your prize. Use 6 war flags? Here’s your prize. Been in the alliance for another month? Here’s your prize. Etc. There’s no need to leave it up to the leader to decide those things, forcing unnecessary drama.

As for the whole zero sum game thing…

It’s a bit funny, I happen to believe that real life economics is a zero sum game (a heated subject of contention between my dad and I). Sure, a treasury can always print more money, but the more money they print, the lower its value, leading to inflation and rising prices, etc.

When it comes to the game itself? Similar! They can always “print” more heroes and AMs. And one could argue that more mats will lead to “devaluation and inflation” in the game as well. The difference there being that these are all imaginary objects anyway. Oh no! You have given away too many emblems! Now everyone in the game will have emblems! Okay. And? So now we’re all on an even playing field. I don’t see a problem.

“The problem is that I spent a ton of money for this stuff, and someone else got it for free!” Yeah? And thanks to your good old friend RNG, some people spent a ton of money to pull the HotM, while others got it for free. So… what’s your point?

“Well if you start giving stuff away for free like that, then everyone will be able to get them, and less people will spend money!” Probably true, yes. But that only affects SG’s bottom line. Not yours.

It’s like when they gave everyone free emblems after the TellyVela nerfs. And those who spent to pull TellyVela were mad that people who didn’t spend were also getting emblems. What exactly is your angle there? You were happy to have the greatest heroes that you spent money on, then you’re mad and want your money back when they’re made less OP, then you get mad again when the game gives you stuff to compensate for it, because they also gave the same stuff to other people… if you break that down, what you’re really saying is, “I spent the most money so I should have the nicest toys, and nobody else who spent less than me deserves to have any of the toys that I have!”

Well, I suppose that’s one way to look at life, and the game itself. Not really an attitude that I can get on board with… I don’t see how someone else’s fortune is your misfortune, as long as you also got the same fortune… but, okay. Some people are only happy when they have more toys than everyone else, I suppose.

he-who-dies-with-the-most-toys-wins-proverb-for-the-day-221-3

1 Like

I’m pretty sure your members won’t be lining up asking for gifts. We’re already lucky. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I know that none of you would ask, but I’d still feel terrible about giving something to just one member… I mean, who do I choose?

Take our last titan for example. Naturally, we have our usual top scorer. He’s deserving of an award every day. But that wouldn’t be fair to everyone else, as he sets the bar pretty damn high! :laughing:

Then you and a couple others sneak in and snag the other top spots that I might usually occupy… so you guys deserve to be rewarded for that too!

And the last war… couple of our smallest guys scored some pretty major points! They should be rewarded for that.

But so should the other ones who took on the much harder and much less rewarding tasks of tank busting in order to leave those nice mop ups…

Should I reward those who make the most titan hits? Perhaps it’s just because they have the most free time? Am I supposed to punish someone else because they have a busy schedule?

Nah. I mean, if it were up to me, like I said… I’d give random gifts to everyone, stuff that I knew they were in need of. Even if it had to come out of my own inventory. I’m not exactly swimming in mats, but I have a few extra things here and there that I probably wouldn’t miss too much (can probably always get more later). :wink:

1 Like

If I had a magic mat, I’d give it to sleepy but you have some epic junior to my mid (?) level members too (shout out to Toz and the elliegator and all the others)

1 Like

Sleepy has already mentioned needing trap tools. I have extras of those, would be happy to pass a couple his way.

Several others are in need of antidotes. I have a surplus of antidotes, would gladly share.

I even have a duplicate 5* hero or two that I’d be willing to gift to a lower level player in need.

I’m not sure what mats you are in most desperate need of (for me, it’s sturdy shields). But if I had more than I’m going to be using anytime soon? I’d be willing to send some your way.

1 Like

Haha. A new rule to prevent this could be “leaders who do not give out the gift in 5 days shall lose a random 5* hero” :laughing:

1 Like

Damn good idea. Though, how does one ensure that the leader informs & passes that gift on …

LOL I was definitely joking. But I still stick with my original argument, that I don’t like this idea because I wouldn’t be able to decide who was “most deserving” of it. What an impossible quandary!

The idea that it will encourage teamwork… no, no it will not. It might encourage competition between players, which might spur them all to try harder than normal, but at the end of the day? Someone is going to end up feeling like they got shafted. And that’s best case scenario.

Worst case scenario? The rewards are really good, good enough that a couple of people decide to “cheat” in order to try to get the highest scores.

2 Likes

Currently my mat situation is good, I have the goods for 3 in four colours and a 5 star I’m not yet committed to. After 60 days as a shipmate my roster is looking happier and my mat situation has improved. I’ll send you the pics in Discord.

1 Like

All of our mat situations have improved by having you new recruits aboard! The lower titans we were fighting previously rarely ever dropped anything worthwhile. There’s no way we would be able to beat the titans we’re currently beating without you guys. We all benefit individually by working together as a team. :+1:

1 Like

Agree! I think this will help :).

I want to make a suggestion:
I play this game for 2 years and a half and i have an alliance, and sometimes i would like to give a reward bonus for regular players. People who play constantly and do not leave the alliance for a long time have to be rewarded for their dedication. Perhaps the lider receive 50 gems and give to the 3 or 5 best players after the week.
I think something like this will make the alliances more interesting. Think about that.
Continue with the good work. E&P Forever :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: