Ghost Troll war strategy

Subject
Ghost Troll war strategy

If your alliance has 5x to 10x war defense teams with 5* 4.80 heroes ( trolls ). And you have 10x to 15x war defense teams with 3* 3.50 ( ghosts ), you can try a Ghost Troll war strategy.

Niche case

Ghost Troll is not going to work 95% of the times. But even if it works 1% of the time, that is a huge number of alliances. The longer Empires goes without trade, and the longer Empires goes without activities for 3* heroes, the more niche war strategies will benefit a huge number of alliances, even if it is a small percentage of alliances.

The advantage with niche cases are they are not cost effective for the Devs to fix.

Trolling

This strategy will probably give you crap loot. You are mostly doing it to make war fun. Either the thrill of watching your alliance win or the rush of being a total a$$hat to your opponents ( I will not judge. Okay, I will totally judge. You are being an a$$hat. But many successful people are successful because they are ruthless ).

Ghosts

Unified Color

After matchmaking, any middle or low defense team without a matching color center, removes the center after matchmaking but before war. This will put them in Spectator Mode.

This takes advantage of the one war defense team but 6 war energy requires 30+ heroes. So if the centers are all yellow, the attackers will run out of purple.

The Devs could fix this by removing the revive timer and requiring 6x war defense teams from each player, but are unlikely to change a core war concept.

4* centers

Any defense team without a good 4* center also removes their center putting them in Spectator Mode.

This takes advantage of your 5x to 10x 5* 4.80 defense teams having better stats than 4*+15 heroes and the fact even Devs realize 4* heroes need a rebalance. No one wants six Rigard for war, but six purple 5* 4.80 are useful for class quests, Challenge events ( reflect colors) and rare titans .

The Devs could fix this by removing the revive timer and requiring 6x war defense teams from each player, but are unlikely to change a core war concept.

Ghost Alts

It is against the Terms Of Service to create alt accounts just to fill your alliance for matchmaking and then put them in Spectator Mode. The Devs can track this. The Devs can penalize alliances that go against the TOS. Do. Not. Create. Matchmaking. Ghost. Alts.

Trolls

Talents

Many talents like Evade, Protect, Companion, etc. are very useful when farming, but not useful for war. By forcing the opposing alliance to attack a Marjana 5*+15 or a Justice 5*+20 or a Kadilen 5*+15 multiple times, the better the chance of their talents proccing. The more the talent procs, the more influence it has on war.

Revive timer

One core concept with this strategy is leaving your entire alliance for matchmaking, but removing all but your hardest targets for actual war. Even if the opposing alliance resets you multiple times, you will have an easier time resetting them even more often.

War points

War points are based on HP. But as Ranvir, Margaret, Inari, and other HotM show, the Devs are adding more an more 5* HotM that are worth less war points than it is to actually take them out because of their high defense, high attack, or special skill.

While emblemed 3*+20 heroes often have DEF/ HP builds, so they are worth more war points than it is to actually take them out.

5* 4.80 defense

The main reason 5* 4.80 war defense teams mess with matchmaking is the RNG nature of 5* heroes summons and 4* ascension items. Two cases are especially helpful for Ghost Troll, HotM and Big spenders.

HotM

It is easier to build a defense team of good HotM then to build a roster of 30 good HotM.

Big spenders

Often alliance teammates are friends or family. In my family, my wife spends 1.5x to 2x as much on IAP as I do ( I understand probability better than her. Plus I like spoiling her. ). Before two of our teammates quit ( gaming addiction and summons addiction ) they had all the best 5* HotM.

Emblems

If you have a good 5* center, giving them emblems, but not the rest of the war defense team, would also mess up matchmaking, but it is not recommended. 5* heroes with emblems help you get more emblems and 4* ascension items.

If I was the Devs, I would avoid adding War, Tourney, and Titans to Puzzle Combat.

(Small Giants soft-launches Puzzle Combat)

Better loot

If you want to increase you war loot, it is actually better for all your 5* 4.80 defense teams to opt out of war and let your 3* defense teams fight war. They are more likely to benefit from the war chest than your players with the strongest rosters.

Personally I have opted out of war, and my alliance is winning more often and my teammates are getting more 3*/ 4* ascension items then when I fought in wars. It is my own fault for spending so much on the game, while also enjoying my alliance which has a large percentage of F2P teammates.

-=

Just a week ago, they actually added titans. Nothing different unless you count the new match options.

I do really hope that they do something else rather than copying what’s already in E&P for the war like or tourney like stuff

Or just not letting you change lineups after match making, or not letting you remove a hero, only swap a hero, after match making. Both not hard at all to do, and doesn’t break anything.

1 Like

I feel that there are many misconceptions and misunderstandings about war in this proposition.

Matchmaking DOES NOT factor in defense teams on the battlefield.

Matchmaking is based on the 30 strongest heroes in the rosters of each player who is signed up to participate in the war at the time matchmaking happens. The only way to have “10x to 15x war defense teams with 3* 3.50” teams is to actually have 10 to 15 players in the alliance who have NOTHING stronger than maxed 3* heroes. If you have 30 maxed 5* heroes and field a defense team of only maxed 3* heroes, the matchmaking algorithm is counting your 5* heroes, not your defense team.

Points on a war defense team are based on the % of total health on the battlefield. The total points for an alliance are 1500 plus 750 bonus points for team kills. If you have members participate in the matchmaking and then remove themselves from the battlefield, the points for that removed team will be redistributed to all the remaining teams. If you have half the alliance withdraw after matchmaking happens, half the points don’t just go away, but the remaining teams each become worth more points. So your enemy would still get 1500 + 750 points for killing all the defense teams, there would just be 10 to 15 fewer teams to get to that point.

As for removing teams after matchmaking happens and your opponent is selected, that would cut the legs out from under you. You would be facing an alliance that is expected to be on par with all the members who fielded a team, but you would concentrate points into far fewer teams, and deprive your own alliance of 6 attacks per player who withdrew.

A strategy involving accounts who literally only have 3* heroes could work out well, but you wouldn’t want to remove them, or any team, from the battlefield once matchmaking has happened. Such a tactic is like facing a full 5* raid team with only four of your own 5* heroes.

Cookie Settings