General guidance needed

Hi guys,

Looking for advice on a few issues:

1. Do I need to switch alliances? I’m a C2P player currently around 2200+ trophies and hitting 7* and 8* titans. Usually A+ or at least A on titans and virtually always top 1 or 2 from my alliance in wars.

Would I be better off going to an alliance that hits higher level titans for the better loot, or would the fact that I would inevitably no longer be an A/A+ player cancel out any increase in awards? Is being the A+ player on a 7* titan better than a B player on a 9*?

I should mention that my alliance is active and friendly, and generally wins about 50-60% of wars.

2. Who to ascend? I currently have the following 4* ascension items: 10 rings, 7 darts, 4 tabards, 4 scopes, 4 tonics.

I currently have the following 5* heroes partially levelled, either at 2.60 or 3.70, with the obvious ones at 1.1 (no maxed 5* yet):

Red: Mitsuko
Yellow: Guardian Owl
Purple: Sartana, Mok-Arr
Blue: Magni, Frida, Aegir, Thorne
Green: Tarlak

My current roster of maxed four stars looks like:

Red: Boldtusk, Wilbur
Yellow: Wu Kong
Purple: Rigard, Proteus
Blue: Grimm, Triton
Green: Caedmon, Melendor

My other (not maxed) 4* heroes are Li Xiu, Chao, Little John, Scarlett, Kelile (all 3.60), Danzaburo, Hu Tao, Falcon, Ameonna, Cheshire Cat, Buddy, Gadeirus, Agwe, Sonya, Skittleskull, Cyprian, Sabina and Kashhrek (all 1.1).

As you can see, I am sorted for Blue, Green and Purple heroes, but I am seriously lacking in Yellow and Red firepower. Of the above, none of those Reds and Yellows are highly rated on offense except Scarlett, but she’s squishier than a milk-soaked cornflake and I’m hesitant to use her.

I know Guardian Owl is atrocious and Mitsuko is very niche, but I constantly see the experienced players advise that waiting for better heroes is a bad idea as chances are you won’t get them. There’s also always the possibility that Owl will get reworked (look at Thorne and Khagan). Shall I max Owl because he’s my only yellow 5* and I very well might not get any more? I know his attack is terrible but a maxed 5* is still better than a 3.60 Chao. Do I max Mitsuko for the same reason? She seems solid enough but not really a good choice for a first Red 5*?

3. Where to spend my emblems? Looking at all of the above heroes, where would be a good place for my Ranger, Paladin and Rogue emblems?

Also, do I give my Monk emblems to Wilbur or Wu Kong, or do I wait for Tarlak? (sitting on 4 tonics, soon to be 5 if I clear the Springvale tournament).

4. How important are the Atlantis Family bonuses? I have all the 3* Atlantis heroes maxed, all the 4* ones available (except just Sumitomo I think), and a good few of the 5* (albeit not maxed). Is it worth levelling Danzaburo, Gadeirus, Agwe and Ameonna for the bonus or are they just mediocre regardless?

Thanks in advance for any advice, and extra thanks if you read this entire thing!

1, Here is a link on loot tiers: Titans: Grades, Loot Tiers, and You

A+ on a 7* gets loot tier 10, B on a 9* gets loot tier 10.

The question gets more interesting if you are able to get B on a 10*… But there are also other important factors: are you having fun in your current alliance? Are they growing - meaning you’ll get to bigger titans eventually?

Mitsuko is ok for your rings, I wouldn’t give any mats to Owl. If he gets boosted, you can still work on him, but he is just way too slow to be useful anywhere as it is now.

So for the non-red colors you could work on your 4s and bringing 5s to 3/70 if you are close to getting the mats.

Yellow: both Li and Chao does an ok job
Red: Falcon, Scarlett is high tile damage, that you can use on titans and raids in stacking even if she is dead.
Green: Buddy
Purple: Sabina, Cyp
Blue: Sonya

3, you could wait with emblems until you figure out which heroes you use most. I use them on a mix of 4* and 5* depending on what I need most.

4, I don’t feel Atlantis family bonus is a game changer. You might want to work more on your other heroes first.

2 Likes

OK, since there are a lot of heroes here I have no experience with, I don’t want to give too much advice, but here are a few general comments:

Out of necessity, I spent a lot of time using Danzaburo, and I currently have him maxed+5. The yellow four-stars aren’t great all around, but Danzaburo has high survivability, and his swords attack, when it fires, is a game-changer. Maybe invest in him a bit and see if you can stand the randomness.

For red, if you are worried about Scarlett being squishy, maybe consider Kelile as a heartier alternative. Fast mana and a sniper special with DoT. I have one Kelile at 3^60 and another on her way to 3^60, and I used them in a three-stack with Gormek 4^70+5 on a green titan to acceptable effect. Not sure how she would be maxed, but if I don’t draw Boldtusk soon, she’s getting the blades.

If you are only leveling Danza and Ameonna for their bonus, no, it probably isn’t. It’s by far the weakest of the three bonuses. However, as I said above, Danza isn’t a bad little critter, and I also have Ameonna at 3^60. If you think Scarlett is squishy, you’ll hate how flimsy Ameonna is, but holy cow, she hits like a truck, especially in ghost form. Consider that she still counts toward tile damage, even if she’s dead. (Or dead-er? Or whatever a ghost that is no longer ghosting is called! :smile:) Also, Sabina has quite good tile damage for a healer. I know you didn’t ask about purple, and you have the lovely Sartana just waiting for tabards so she can open up a can, but it’s something not to overlook.

Regarding the other bonuses, I think they would be better, although I don’t have enough of those heroes to try it in practice yet. I have maxed Melia and am working on Mnesseus; at some point, I want to see if pairing them with my guppy-level (2^12) Poseidon in a late war team will make enough difference to be worth it. I would very much like to pull Triton, Gadeirus, and/or Proteus to really kick the tires on that Atlantis family bonus.

1 Like

I feel this would be a very personal decision. It’s up to you to determine your game goals. How important is it to you to progress, compete, win!

If you’re happy with your team mates are you willing to exchange that for an alliance who is more competitive, but perhaps not as compatible with you?

Right now you’re the KING of your alliance, and I’m sure your alliance mates enjoy your help on those titans. If you switch to a stronger alliance, taking down tougher titans, just be aware that you’ll probably lose your A+ standing, and perhaps even land in the middle of the pack.

Just a lot if things to consider if/when you make the switch.

I’m just commenting on this since I think it’s a pretty important decision. At the end of the day it’s up to you and what is important for you.

7 ~ 8 star titans isn’t really bad, and if you’re killing them consistently then you’ve got nothing to worry about. You’re getting about the same loot if you go to an alliance that fights 9-10 star titans (kudos to SilverDragon for sharing that) and get B grades. It’s not necessary to be the top dog to get better.

Alliances are more than that too. They can also be about friendship and cooperation. I’m in one right now that isn’t gonna be top 100 any time soon, but I don’t care about that. We have fun together, and everyone still pitches in: everyone hits the titan – unless it is killed ridiculously fast (this has happened before) – and everyone participates in war to their best ability – we have some new players who don’t have 6 teams, but we let them participate in war just so they can get loot too, so we are understanding that way too.

We feel our progress together as we grow stronger. We know that the war hits will all be used in time. So ask yourself the following:

• Are you pleased with the efforts everyone puts in for titan hits?
  • Are you happy with everyone’s efforts during wars?
  • Do you see reasons beyond game materials that you’d stay?
  • Do you see them improving in any of the above areas with time?

If your answers are no for all those, then it’s a tough choice, but it may be worth leaving and finding a better one.

1 Like