General game questions for more experienced players

Not gibberish at all. All points well taken. I was aware of some of them but I guess I just needed someone else to come out and say it. :slight_smile: Thanks a bunch…

I think it would be kinda cool to have access to some of those previous months heroes…

1 Like

Well Mantis did a great job! Also I agree on having a new chance to get HOTM again would be awesome.

4 Likes

Mantis summarized it well!
Just adding a few more thoughts

1: As your flags refill by leveling up its very usefull to do so while fighting titans.

2: Completing Season 1 might be a prerequisite for playing Season 2.

3: SH20 also opens up the last land slots to build on.

4 Likes

Levelling up also provides the occasional 5 increase to hero cap

4 Likes
  1. This is very true, I just did this yesterday to get in 6 hits on a titan. Totally forgot about it…
  2. Interesting…

specifically tc20 opens up the 9th farm and 4th training camp. tc helps level heroes faster (or train multiple legendary trainings and still have tc for leveling). and at high levels food is always welcome (final ascensions, troops, research, etc).

6 Likes

How can we cancel trainings? I only see three options: train, skip and more ( to move it)

Thank your Brobb :slight_smile:

Hit the minus button

Hit train, at the top it will say “training 3” or whatever, with +/- icons, just tap the - until it goes down to 1. If you abort the 1 in training you won’t get the resources back

1 Like

OMG. So easy and i was waiting a lot in order to get more recruits for TC20. I feel like a noob xD. Thanks both

TC 20 also produces 4* heroes much more reliably than TC13 at a similar cost. From research posted elsewhere on the board, TC20 seems to produce 5* heroes one time in 16, 4* heroes three times in 16, and 3* heroes otherwise.

3 Likes

If you were to graph out the xp gains on the map you would notice peaks and valleys on flag upgrades. IE: When going from 4 flags to 5 flags the province on the map just before the switch will be your biggest bang for your buck such as 13.6, 17.1, 20.4 etc. If your looking for fast leveling those are the best you can get and of course ends with the final stage being the best. Also like to add if your looking for the best ascension items while grabbing large xp gains 16.9 is better then 17.1 as it has 4 stages instead of 3. More stages their are the larger the ascension item count. Hope that helps!

5 Likes

Very nice and interesting thread with lots of information. Thank you!

1 Like

The exp levels for each province and quest are in Mai’s “loots and stats” google doc.

Hope it is ok to raid this thread with another question.
Must have been answered already, but couldn’t find a satisfying answer myself here.
How does the Defence of a Hero work (in detail)??
I could only find answers like “and defence reduces the attack” or “very complex calculations” …
I really want to know.
Say a red hero with 500 Attack and a +0% Attack troop attacks a red hero with 400 defence and a +0% Defence troop. What is the damage dealt per tile?

We don’t know, to the best of my knowledge no one has cracked the formula.

We do know that it is non-linear and has a fairly large random adder.

1 Like

@Kerridoc: Thank you for your answer!
I was afraid that this is not known.
I have no idea how to weigh defence against health.
And the opaqueness in this game seems to be the usual thing. As if knowing how things are calculated and done would be knowing state secrets.
Whereas, imho, some transparency would cut down rants about “cheaters” and “random calculator error” and the general “how can that be” by at least 50%.

Superb question and well asked- equally sublime answer and eloquently phrased. Learnt loads

If it’s of any help, the Power figure for a hero weights defense 2x more than HP, so I use a “tankiness” metric = 2x defense + HP.

1 Like