Gem prices are doubled for Turkish players on Android - SGG EXPLANATION POST 37 & 100

Don’t think so.

If gems cost me an arm and a leg in one country or 10 bucks in another, despite it being of equivalent currency post exchange rate conversion, there’s clearly a disparity

Not that we can really do much about it of course as SG are naturally motivated by profit which you can’t blame them for

Query though whether a lower price in poorer markets would actually give them higher profits as it would encourage spending from more gamers

That’s the same for all of us. Thete aren’t many than can afford several 10 pulls per month, and this applies to most countries.

1 Like

Tunixgut, thanks for that post. I am also from Germany, although I live in London and there are loads of people who can’t afford to spend money for summons. Haven’t seen anyone asking for special treatment either.

1 Like

There are plenty in every country that cannot spend money - students, disabled, low-income workers, those with children with special needs, etc etc. As was mentioned a few posts ago, everyone has a reason why prices should be lower for X population. The only fair thing is to make the price the same for everyone, everywhere.

3 Likes

Sorry but I dont get this ranting.

For a long time the prices were way lower than what they were supposed to be, is corrected and now the backlash … how about SG placing negative gems values on all accounts that benefitted from these lower prices against what the world pays.

Also stop with this low income nonsense, it is what it is, if you cant afford a Ferrari, you dont buy one, simple.

Trust me when I say that our average minimum income here is wayyyyy lower than Turkey.

Minimum wage here is 171 Pounds per month, 222 US dollars or 196 Euro. That is 50% of what it is over there. How about you pay double what we do then … or we pay 50% of what you do, thats fair yeah?

How many over here complains … none cause you spend what you can afford.

5 Likes

Me being in Thailand, I would love to see a system like Steam does with regional pricing. However it won’t happen :frowning:

3 Likes

Google have some fixed exchange rates for bad economies, that is why this thread still valid. If i understand right, SG increased the $ value of in-game purchase prices to cover real exchange rate. They simply bypassed Google. I can understand basics of this action (like location fraud, missing income etc.) but still %96 increase is harsh. Imagine you used to buy a good juicy burger with like 10 bucks and tomorrow they are taking 3 bites before selling that burger to you. You are going to be upset too.
Anyway with this rates, huge part of the Turkish gamers will and are going to be f2p.
Still game is fairly good and enjoyable, so “ı am quitting” kinda action is not the fair way to show your feelings like other people said already. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i always thought Google’s pricing policy was like Steam’s regional policy. which i find just. apparently it wasn’t like that. anyway… in our community i strongly suggest our players not to quit. instead i suggest them to go F2P.

and to the person whose argument is rooted with this idea “if you can afford a Ferrari, don’t buy”

Ferrari is a physical thing, you mine the finite resources and for each one you assemble it the way you designed it. the pricetag is determined by the physical resources and the detailed craft for each part. on the other hand a digital medium isn’t a physical thing. same pricing policy can’t be applied

anyway, point taken. i won’t drag this anymore

and for those salt cellars, i have no way to reply, since all of my arguments were invalid to begin with.

4 Likes

This happened to prevent russians and others from spending through turkish accounts… the Russians are complaining more than you guys … its all over YouTube… some thing bothering them and me as well that sg (as they said) is threaten to band them from the game … and that spokes me … if i spent more than 4000$ on this game and you can band me any time thats not good

Let me start by saying that I think this thread is kind of silly since we should really all always be paying the same amount for the same stuff. Finding a way to get the same stuff for less should be considered a stroke of good fortune for those who get to take advantage of it and not a birthright.

However, I’m a little bothered by the basic premise of this post. I don’t believe that I know a single person, regardless of income, that spends no money on luxury items. Most of the poorest people I know use tobacco and/or alcohol. Financially, that’s clearly not very smart, but everyone has wants and vices. It seems to me that if someone’s vice is this game, that’s a lot healthier than many other ways that they can throw away their money.

That being said, I have no substantial spending restrictions, and I don’t spend anything on this game. I consider it a waste of money because I am plenty successful in the game through strategy and patience. However, I can’t see why I’d judge anyone else, rich or poor, for what they spend if this is the luxury expense that they have chosen.

Wait a minute, I just stated my personal opinion about spending money for a mobilegame, if someone has very little of financial income. It was not intended to judge about those people personally in anyway. They may spend their money like they want to, not matter how much they’ve got for the month or what they have chosen as their luxury expense, as you said. I just asked why someone with less than ~400€ spends for things like E&P because I can’t understand. If it is someones luxury expense fine, but I have still the right to have my own opinion about that. However, what I won’t do and don’t have the right to do so, is making regulations to them, what they should spend their own money for. If those people are happy about purchasing part of their monthly budget for gems in E&P and live with that investment the month through, it’s their business. May I say about that purchasing for a mobilegame is not the smartest thing to do for them in my eyes? I do think so. Should they care about my words? As long as they are happy with their lifes, no. Should I change their mind anyway? Nope, unless they want my advise.

1 Like

Fair enough. I was simply pointing out that your statement gives the impression that you wholly disapprove of such expenses. This suggests that you are judging them. I understand now that wasn’t your intent. However, at this point, I also don’t understand why you wrote that in your post at all if it wasn’t judgment and also wasn’t intended as advice. :confused:

Stating an opinion, like I said. If you say/write something on a certain topic about what’s on your mind, you don’t have to especially judge about or advice someone else every time.

If I had around 400€ a month, spending my money for a mobilegame would be unreasonable for me no matter the price because I would have other priorities. That are just my 2 cents and they are not intended to be any advice or to judge about habits of other people.
Other people may think different or have there reasons for spending, which I don’t see or value much, like spending it as their an luxury expense. But that’s ok because like I said, it’s their business called life and we’ll live in a free world for the most part. They have their opinion and I have mine. So do what you want with your money.

Why all prices increase %100?
İt’s too expensive. İf prices are high like that, i won’t buy anything.
Help me and decrease prices for Turkey.
I want to buy Valor Pass but i can’t. Because it’s very expensive. I want old prices…

New prices of gems are unacceptable. So far atlantis season was a good chance to inwestment. But now… No way.

Is this perchance a turkish currency?

I guess it is. As I know only Turkish currency got adjustment against to google fixed exchange rates.

@Abuyofollom dude my all clan turned to f2p from p2w/c2p include myself, i recommend you to same.
And @Guvnor i checked he is turkish so he is talking about turkish currency. You can merge topic to older one. Thanks.

1 Like

Yes local Turkish prices that i mean.

Cool; well I shifted your complaint.

Unfortunately this isn’t actually a SGG thing from memory. The cost was changed by Google Play;

As I understand it, the app company set the price in one currency. Google Play then adjusts the prices for the various players based on their location data & sets it using their conversion rate (includes/ adjusts for taxes etc...)

Sorry retraced this thread; explanation from the developers here:
https://support.smallgiantgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012273340-In-App-Purchase-Price-Adjustments-in-March-2020-Android-

Adjusting the price for changes in currency conversion now because it hadn’t be changed in almost 2 years seems reasonable