Gem Buyer Shaming

Thank you guys for the feedback…You rock! Happy Gaming…

5 Likes

Girl, don’t worry about what any1 thinks or says. This game is supposed to be fun. If u are having fun who the h_ll cares what others think. Best of luck with your gaming. And btw join another alliance.

6 Likes

@DaBills

amen to that!
Excellent reply, and in a nutshell :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Don_Dawson as many already said here, as long as YOU enjoy the game there is no shame in that :wink: .
I you see that there is no spot for you in an alliance, YOU are free to go somewhere else, you are not obliged to one alliance. There are many out there who would gladly welcome you with opened arms :fist_right::fist_left: .
An alliance is where you must feel at home :house_with_garden:, where everyone enjoys and is happy when you pull some amazing hero :star_struck:, and shares your grief but supports you when you’re sad that you didn’t got that hero that you want :pensive: .
It’s a place where everyone shares ideas, strategies to help all of you grow stronger and evolve faster…a family.

Best regards,
GeoDragonSlayer

5 Likes

Amen to all that has already been shared. Sorry you’ve had negative encounters with some players but know that most of us aren’t like that.

Also sad no one told you about the wiki when you started as it is a GREAT beginner (& beyond) resource. If you are ever in need check it out:
https://sites.google.com/site/empiresandpuzzlesrpgwiki/home

Happy gaming to one & all.

3 Likes

Exactly GDS!!!
I am also a mostly F2P but have bought gems when the budget let me. It is a frustrating, patience tester, challenging and very much enjoyable game.

2 Likes

I to have been shamed for buying gems. Like you sometimes I can sometimes I can’t. After high school I was actually shamed for what they called my clothing and brand addiction. As I thought to myself I figured it out like I did for buying Gems. To me it makes no sense for a person to spend hundreds on a iphone or new Galaxy’s. I paid $30 for my phone but have spent $60 on this game. Although this is the first gaming app I have spent money on I’m sure most that will not spend money to buy gems have a “nicer” phone then me. I spend the money because other then two fifteen minute brakes and a half hour lunch I spend five to seven ten hour shifts working in a plant. I like to think its my way of keeping up… or they was upset that I got the HOM both times lol. Its none of my business what other people think about me.

6 Likes

Your money is yours to spend, or not spend, how you choose.

This game is really great at balancing both the free-players and the spenders; both are welcome!

Enjoy the game, and Welcome to the Forum! :blush:

4 Likes

Over a year later after being upset about Gem Shaming…The dude got thrown out the Alliance, and I was glad…He was just an Angry and Racist dude… So I come back and read on different Topic and the Top Topic seems to be…How people are not getting Ascension Materials to Ascend their Heros…Of course I go thru it too…I just play for Fun now…I used to be all serious and spend all kinds of money until I just made a decision…Coming on here complaining does no good. Hidden Blades are extinct for me…Lol As long as my Alliance is Happy with me as a player…Im good. I choose not to buy Materials or do the I hope I get something good game …Lol
So…My blood Pressure is level now…it was fun while it lasted…I still may purchase the VIP Gem 30 day deal…its kinda cool but that spending money on "Maybe Hero’s "…ya know , ya know it’s like ordering Steak and you get Meatloaf instead, then made to eat it …Lol. Love…GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN…

4 Likes

There is a frenzy about 5*s, possibly because one sees amazing videos with all those maxed incredible heroes, or because we find them during raids and they are fairly impossible to beat. So people go for it, get angry when not getting them, or get really frustated later on when they DO get them and discover they cannot ascend them, some not even to 3 rd tier, and not likely to for months.

I’ll admit that this morning frustrated the heck out of me. I started with buying the $100 special last month and basically bought every special in between (I did skip a few of the spring event ones). I started the morning with close to 20k gems. 3 10x later, I have 2 Merlins, a bunch of serviceable regular 4 stars and a boatload of 3 stars. I switch to single pulls and get 2 Aerons within 3 pulls of each other. Other than that, nuthin. The only event hero I got was Merlin twice. What a kick to the groin.

I’m not going to stomp my feet and whine, but I am going to re-consider how much I spent on this game and maybe go the Don Dawson route. Quit spending and just enjoy the game for what it is. Putting $$s into it doesn’t buy anything other than stress.

So you didn’t say how many single pulls you did, but if you had roughly 40-50 total pulls and got 2x HOTM, plus merlin and a bunch of usable 4s, that’s pretty reasonable (comparable to most).

2 Likes

I know I got some ancillary stuff, and actually having 2 of Aeron could make his special interesting, but my main goal was to get event heros. I started building my TC20 today so ancillary heros I will soon have the possibility of generating for free.

I get the RNG and that nothing is guaranteed so I’m not calling for a change or anything. Just venting some frustration.

so in the last 4 days I’ve done 50+ summons trying for hero of the month to only get disappointed again and again and this is just in the last few days and in total have done over 100 pulls and not received hotm and I know it’s random and only a chance but this ridiculous this needs to be addressed otherwise there is no reason to purchase extra summons if the player does that many pulls and and doesn’t benefit from it this has been an issue for a long time and the devs have done nothing to improve so far and this will cause players to stop making purchases and even possibly quit the game as I know how it makes me feel and I’ve been a heavy spender for sometime now but am to the point where I see no reason to continue as it has been to no benefit thus far

2 Likes

The challenge is this: if SG sets the odds to tilt towards heavy spenders by, for example, increasing the odds of pulling the HotM with each unsuccessful draw, then it will lower the base chance for a HotM draw to yield the same overall draw. This change would tilt the game towards P2W at the expense of free or low-spenders.

3 Likes