Game Permissions

It’s a great game (in spite of the venting threads) and I’d hate to see you quit if it’s not necessary.

1 Like

Apple doesnt ask to connect to anything except the game center which is tied to your apple id so in a way to your email… but does not directly ask for any permissions to continue play.

1 Like

Thank you. I actually love my android, but that is another story, lol. May have to reconsider that!

1 Like

Are you able to maybe take a screen capture of what its asking

1 Like

It is a great game! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can take a screenshot, but don’t know if I know how to put it here. Let me first see if it will let me play without going through Google Play.

In my case it didn’t request anything, on Android 9.

2 Likes

Could someone take a screenshot for @Bassackwards of how to post a picture here on the forum, please. Taking screenshots, outside of the game, on a tablet is a pain.

I can explain it - when you go to reply, hit the … and look for the little landscape icon, it will direct you to where you can find your screenshots.

A photo would be helpful for bassackwards :grinning:

@zephyr1 @Guvnor @JonahTheBard

1 Like

You have to go through Google Play or iOs Game Centre as your game progress is hosted by them. When you play, the google play or game centre then connects to the game server. There is no way to do it otherwise. Your physical phone stores no real data apart from the application itself.

3 Likes

I can play without going through Game Play, just at risk since game is not saved.

3 Likes

As long as you are willing to accept the risk, then you should play the way you want to.

2 Likes

I was afraid of that. Thank you.

1 Like

True enough. Thank you.

Use this button to add pictures

@princess1 - as requested

3 Likes

It should still allow you to play. You just will not have any saved game to switch devices.

1 Like

Aah, you already figured that out. I’m not sure if you can make any purchases though.

1 Like

I don’t think this is correct. I played for the first 4-1/2 months with Google Play Games disabled on my phone. Then I decided to look into a new phone and realized I had to use Google Play Games to save my progress. Until then it never asked me for an email.

This is why, according to Google Play Games, I finished the tutorial a day after finishing Province 23.

1 Like

I am not familiar with Android devices, sorry. I can only download it from the App store which I have to use my App store account to do. I can’t speak for what Google does. The account has always been linked to a piece of plastic and Apple just email me receipts. It never occurred to me that Google might allow anonymous downloads or how the game can even launch without connecting to the game centre first? On iOs it’s different.

1 Like

I appreciate this. Thank you.

1 Like

There are different components to Google Play.

Without the main app Google Play Store you cannot load any new apps from them. That one I have activated. You can load 3rd party apps outside of Google Play but that’s a different topic altogether. I would not recommend this for E&P as there’s no telling what you could end up with (added trojans / viruses), and certainly the devs would not support it.

There is also Google Play Games, Google Play Movies, Google Play Music, etc, all of which let you (or Google Play) track what items you have d/l’ed and/or purchased for games / music / movies / etc. I think there may be one for books too. This is stored in the cloud, I would guess on a Google server.

I disabled all those extra ones because I didn’t need them. I don’t use Google for music or movies, etc. Google Play Games is where E&P records your progress to be transferable between devices. Otherwise it’s only saved locally on your one device and you lose it if your phone dies or factory resets. E&P is the only game that I play that uses Google Play Games.

3 Likes