Game need to change this raid algorithm it is so annoying

Hi guys.
I don’t know all have this problem or not but when I raid sometimes I am so lucky just need to match first tile and it is done and no matter enemy has how much power, it is been set I win it and sometimes it goes other side no matter how much u think and play you must lose even if need Magni revive 9 times till Vivica tile become full from 0 and u not get any tile that have their hero and heal Magni and u lost. Or no matter u attack 3 times to enemy who is so weaker their Marjana will be undead or Hemidall revive whole team and all happen at once till get near 300 cups of u and tomorrow u will be lucky again just first tile and boom.
This near 10 times this cycle happened and it make me mad.
I think first days I played it was not like this at all. I dont ask to be always winner it is annoying too as much as this defeats are that enemy never had chance to win or we never had chance to win I do not want be so lucky to gain cups like stars (which it happens many times so much more than being unlucky) and no want to play raid that I never gonna have chance to win and things happen that odds is less than 0.01%. I know everything is possible and it is but when almost each 3 weeks there is 2 3 times all bad luck happen next to each other on all raids for me it is algorithm.
So please rethink about it or if anyone knows something that change my knowledge I will be thankful to share.

2 Likes

Hi @BraveGirl

Maybe I’m not following correctly, but your post appears to say sometimes you win and sometimes you lose?

It’s a game of both skill and luck. Having raids you win easily and raids you lose three times sounds exactly like the game working as expected.

The Devs have stated the boards are random and all statistical evidence players collected agrees.

So I disagree that it’s an algorithm, it’s just the nature of the interaction between random tiles and our skill at moving them.

3 Likes

No I mean it happens together sometimes I just win (and it is much more than I lose) and sometimes I lose for example 90 % of raids I do during two days.
It is not like I win 2 raid lose 3 win 3 lose 1. I wish be like this. I just lose or win every raid I play and it is not all the time it is period.
Raid is most attractive part of game for me and I play much and sometime I use gem to full flags.

If I understand you correctly, you want less randomness in the game?

2 Likes

Yes and not see game that I am winner for sure or I loss 100%. At least not see it 2 ,3 days after each other.

Would you like it the other way too? Only easy raids for you would also mean only much better teams would raid against you. Doubt you would appreciate the quality of revenges you’d have to face.

You did not read my words completely, I rather to lose always but it be fair, for me that winning which are pure luck are annoying too. It is not about winning or losing.
I feel there are period that player is loser no matter which team is on board or how play and there is period player is winner again no matter enemy be how much strong. At least it happens for me somehow.

Well that would certainly need to be programmed in and that is an absolute Pandora’s box that would make the game entirely different.

1 Like

I do not have any knowledge on programming or computer science sadly.
If it is difficult or change whole thing so I am ok with situation and got it, I just want to say it to know more about it.
Thanks for your answer

1 Like

Seems like perhaps the best case is the defense gets more than a 20% buff. The raids you would normally lose you’ll still lose. But you won’t be able to win by luck as much.

Or I could suggest the defenses buff is also RNG just to make everyone mad.

I know this isn’t what you asked for but it was a weird idea that came to mind.

I’d be interested in what your longest raid streak is?

Mine is below and I’m showing you this just to show that’s there’s no set times you lose no matter what. I’ve had raid streaks near to this a few times but 36 hasn’t been a record I’ve been able to better for a while but it’s possible you get bad runs as well. I had 6 shocking raids earlier. Couldn’t get any love and lost them all…really unusual for me and I flipped it when I used a raid flask and then went 6 straight wins.

It’s just RNG being RNG. One of the 6 loses could easily have been a win as well. I was just getting back into it and had my specials ready when a meaningless cascade dropped a pile of green in and the fired off Frigg and then Killhare and Inwent from ready to win to a lose in 10 seconds…it happens unfortunately.

1 Like

I will say this, its trending on my raids with a dark killer mono team and the % of wins lately have been worse than ever. I know with in 2 drops if im going to win or loose. My dark with fair drops has a high probability against any top team out there. Just saying something seems off to me.
Ps. I find it very interesting that in your profile they dont have a Raids lost column. Lol. They have wins but no losses. WTF

Well all I can say is that ive reached out to support a few times in the past and cant be bothered anymore. Same answers everytime. I figured id do some more raid research on combos, vs mono. I was a pretty dedicated mono player i will say until my boards went to shyte pretty frequently. Ive only been winning with a very strong Dark team and typically now the 1st two hits are losses and third a success. Not expecting to win every war but when I have a starting board with two tiles of my dark and the next 5 drops are so poor I just flee because the writing is on the board. Not going to waste my time. Anyways decided to try a 3/2 pretty strong team and well who would have guessed, yup you guessed it no color. WTF. I honestly have to say my interest in Raids is pretty much 0 now. Couldn’t care less about the trophy count, means nothing except for getting into an alliance.
Done ! Thanks for the ear. Im all ears if you have an educated response.

I guess I’m just plankton cause I keep getting monsters :japanese_ogre: so just how does the raid algorithm work? I don’t mind a challenge every once in awhile but getting these raid matchups often

The rule is opponents can be any team that is currently plus or minus 300 trophies from your current trophy total, but what they are not being clear about is that the game seems to prioritize stronger TP teams when selecting your opponents.

If you spin through 10 re-rolls, youre gonna keep finding teams that are stronger than yours. Every now and then you stumble across a fair fight but usually youre gonna get a crappy trophy ratio for win/lose.

However, you set a terrible defence and watch how all your incoming attacks will be from manageable opponents.

How is is that there are lots of manageable teams in your Watchtower for revenge, but so few viable opponents when you roll for them?

They want you to feel outgunned and underpowered so you will chase heroes in portals.

The matching system is nowhere near sophisticated enough.

If you beat a team with that kind of deficit in TP, you should be taking 50+ trophies and losing under 5 for the loss. If any at all.

Thanks for the explanation @Pr0spero I did notice my watchtower revenge fights are manageable but you’re right about rolling for a raid opponent that is usually a mismatch and never in my favour. That makes sense that they want ppl to think they need to chase in portals to compete. Kinda shifty if you ask me :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

That Spock fella did a Youtube video on the subject. He concluded the same :man_shrugging: Of course, there could always be some other factors involved, but what we have described here is the reality of how the system works. Too much power in your rerolls, absolutely manageable in your revenges.

Its a subject that could use some data, and I have considered it, but im not really a number cruncher and i cba.

I do regularly cup drop by setting weak defences and then fight my way back up to 3k trophies. This pattern is consistent.