Game is too fast now. Zero strategy left

We were faced a top 10 alliance this time and they pretty much had all of their teams consisting of cAlasie-Khufu-Xnol-cAlasie-El Naddaha (some Octroses, Quenells, Sobeks here and there), a few Hulda tanks though for the anti-minion teams. Granted, that’s a problem for only to people who fight at that level and it’s not like that in majority of wars. And it was also a pretty bad matchup for us aswell, we’re high in the war scores, but not in the top 10 bracket… But I really ran out of ideas how to fight those teams, whatever I used I didn’t get to fire my own specials a single time, there just isn’t that much time to build the board anymore (I ran 3-2 in 3/3 of those full fights), only got 1 OS against a Hulda with Grimble team 3-1-1.

4 Likes

Honestly against that type of team if I couldn’t field my defense heavy team I would just have to stack heavy, mono yellow or either 3/4 in other colors and hope for a decent starting board.

3 Likes

Yeah, this is the main issues in the end. That you get to the point when you just have to go mono or 4-1 and just hope for a good board.

I found it ridiculous to get in a situation when Bastet was the “easiest” tank, because the enemy had a truckload of Xno+ C. Alasie.

Without heavy spending, it’s becoming more and more complicated to stay competitive in the top 50.

10 Likes

It gets ridiculous sometimes, way up there. I actively keep my cups low now.

It gets frustrating when even my best teams can get murdered by a bunch of s5 passives and specials going off. The passives alone can do so much damage or put one at such a disadvantage.

If I go for survival and bring lots of healers and minion makers? Then I don’t do enough damage to win

If I go for offense with only 1-2 healers? Good luck turning things around if the board isn’t good or if some enemy specials go off…

I’ll just happily raid in high Platinum where I can actually still enjoy my raids!

6 Likes

There are too many heroes now. Old ones are obsolete so pay to play again competitively. Whatever strong team combinations you have that win before, cannot be true in next set of NEW heroes. After spending almost 5k with the ego / bragging right to be in top 100, I am winding down. No more spending. No matter strategy and heroes combinations, the new ones are killing me. Just play for fun and quit after a year.

6 Likes

Agree, I can definitely see that happening to me - after a while, I will lose interest because new heroes get more powerful BUT the access to them does not improve as quickly, and I will get bored and frustrated and quit. It is what it is.

5 Likes

So I have landed on 2 (relatively accessible) team combos that are able to handle pretty much any fast/strong defense they are thrown up against:

1. Vs Xnol tank: C Joon, Kara, Prof Zuri, Luigi, Rayne (this is the majorly paywalled hero - can be swapped out for another damage dealer but will be less effective)

2. Vs non Xnol tank or non standard formation: Ariel, Lord Loki, Luigi, Proz Zuri, Rayne

Both combinations have the same principle of being heavy in support but with a key difference being vs Xnol tanks it is more critical to take out the tank relatively early. To that end having a 3-stack of yellows that can take him out with tile damage of with Joon’s snipe becomes more important than taking on board the more versatile Lord Loki. Kara is also there because it is likely that by the time you have the 9 yellow tiles you have killed or just about to kill Xnol but you probably have Khufu, Sorbek and friends all about to fire. I am OK to even sacrifice her at this stage because the advantage is with the offense.

Even though I am not a fan of stacking I found stacking 3 yellows far more effective than 2 vs Xnol tanks. He is just one of those tanks without a good counter that you need to take out early or mana control.

1 Like

Don’t say Zero strategy left…
Seriously, there is 0.01% strategy left…
Not only that is more closer to the truth,
It’s also important to say it, so that @Homaclese doesn’t get a chance to tell you, how s/he strategizes to come up with strategies to find the time to strategize all the permutation and combinations of heroes one can try to have mediocre chance to beat the teams before even a single tile is moved (hint hint - passive skills activate at the start of the board… and there will be more passive skills with new heroes being born every day)

But seriously, I am just joking and wanted to tease @Homaclese :smiley:

4 Likes

oy, stop complaining. There’s one sure which gives a 50% percent chance to win in the long run. Go monocolor and pray to have a good board =)))
In rest, just curse the greedy ■■■■■■■ from Zynga (who bought SG long time ago) and since then they started to print all kind of OP heroes just to get more and more money from players. But i guess their greed will also be their downfall, though they probably don’t care that much with all the money they made so far and since there are many new players who buy their expensive crappy “deals” in hope that they’ll make it to the top faster.

I mean, until about 6 months ago, there were op heroes, but not as broken as now.
Now, so many broken heroes, who, if get to cast their special, you’re pretty much funked up. Add them mana troops to make them charge faster, put one mana buffer hero, enjoy most opposition getting obliterated. All top teams have only lvl 30 mana troops which gives +20% mana generation.

And guess what SG does … brings even more broken heroes in the roster to counter the other broken heroes, lool.
I’m so tired of this sht and seriously thinking to stop playing, even though played it for about 3 years so far and i have some good 5 heroes and oscillate between hit 2600 and 2800 trophies. But hell, i stopped playing Hearthstone a few years ago because of the same reason, and there was a bit more skill involved than this piece of crap game.

P.S. just smoked someone from 37th position with a mono blue. Guess that’s the only pleasure i have left from this game, to annoy the hell out of the big spenders :)))

3 Likes

I totally agree. However! The thing is that these teams are so fast (especially with magic troops) and so hard-hitting that in order to outlast them…you need your heroes alive.

You may have 3 healers ready for an assault, but when you get hit by Khufu, followed by River Crocodile, healers are most probably little late.

Even Sif, long time live saver is now tricky to use because of Kong who dispels her, Croc who bypassess her and El Nad, who prevents her.

The point is, that without good starting board, and your killers/dodgers/overhealears/taunters fired before the assault comes, it’s usually game over.

It is really becoming Rush-like in regular wars.

6 Likes

As an 4+ years ftp I raid in med diamond everything below 4.9k TP or very badly constructed defense teams with more TP without much problems. Although I have to choose my opponents with care. :smiley:

2 Likes

I am landing on the team of @Homaclese here. There is definitely strategy.
My main raiding team is a 2-1-1-1 team consisting of a S2, 1 first generation ninja, a S3, a old Event hero, and a christmas hero. Three healers, playing for time, and reducing risk of bad boards.
This team has taken me into the top 10 multiple times. I have tried compositions of “stronger” newer heroes without the same luck.

I have created alternative teams to deal with Ludwig and Hulda, and a not-quite-finalized team to deal with those W3K teams that have dominated the top 10 last month.
Adjusting your team and strategy based on the opponent is ALWAYS wise.
I seldom bother to do changes when raiding, but always plan ahead when in war.

The team-composition to counter the opponent is one of my favorite parts of the game, and why I really enjoy W3K. Finding synergies between heroes is very satisfying. Of course, spending will give you more heroes and a better rooster to compose your team from, but strategy is still definitely a part of it. But it is an ever changing part, as new heroes and new meta’s mean that you need to adjust your approach also. To me this is positive

1 Like

in my opinion, there is of course some strategy: does one go more offensive? more defensive? which heroes to bring?

what’s not very fun though, is that a lot of that strategy is shaped by the available heroes one has. so for those with mainly S1 heroes/ older heroes / those lacking the key skills, it is much much more difficult.

If I as a player have a limited toolkit, there is only so much I can do.

3 Likes

That’s the bulk of it! The foundation!
And…
For this topic… heavy hitters accompanied by:

Is becoming droll. Is becoming…
Rush!

Not sure how announcing 4+ years ftp advances the actual topic. But, when players that do have some investment bolstering their roster…are getting bored of the saturation,
the next scallywag will sing out that this is a rich man’s problem. Confined to the 1 percenters.

And while that maybe true, so is the following:
Saturations begin at the tip of the iceberg
The part you can see:

Month of after month, more pull the duo
More get the mats.
And the saturation will seep deeper below the water line. Until it reaches the platinum arena and those alliances at war, where mediocrity is commonplace.

Then…
SG’s hand will be forced

So… you can voice it, or…
Wait…
For something worse to take its place

I swear like 75% of the boards of my boards have a bulk of the 2 junk colours I don’t need, and it barely chains. I play 2-2-1 (green, purple and blue) and the yellows and reds keep coming. And it doesn’t help that I am fighting lv 30 mana troops every team. Lose rate I felt has gone up a lot.
Trash… absolute trash boards

1 Like

The 4+ years ftp is to claryfy where I coming from, since the experience for 1-5 year players and spending or not spending differs a lot! :smiley:

1 Like

There is still strategy but since talents and passives are involved and heroest start to deal too much damage the luck factor is becoming more and more important.

Newer heroes gets released every day and due to SGG hero design choice now to be sold they have to be a lot stronger than the ones who came before, increasing every aspect of previous cards instead of adding versatility or different usages.

Where once a fast hero would have been most likely high damage-single target hero now we have heroes wich hits 3 for around their damage plus better effects and from a while this has become disgustingly evident:

+1 year of power creepled us to this hero, currently tested in BETA:

So yes, strategy is still there but it wouldn’t take a lot of time for it to disappear as older 5* heroes’ (and I’m not talking about Quenell here) only redeeming quality would be to be Soul Exchange material and it wouldn’t even be surprising as the old S1 snipers are starting to take 1/2 damage of their special skill as autoattack from S5 heroes due to the amount of stats’ difference…

4 Likes

The concept of a sniper is… gangrene at this point. Even if they release 1,000% damage to one target, that still pales in comparison to these monster hit-all’s.

Stats are a moot check and balance now too.
The next portal always outperforms the last…
And spenders will defend that with their $tragedy

1 Like

I don’t like mono… But when i go mono and send 3 tiles at a tank (with the strong color) and the tank doesn’t die… And i have 3+ limit broken heroes… The game seems screwed up.

2 Likes

I am 100% behind you on this one. The game is getting too fast and playing with the top their players it becomes very difficult to make a dent on certain opponents. There needs to be a little bit of balance and not have the fast and very fast hero’s almost decimate you within the first few turns of the game.

4 Likes