Game is pure luck rather than strategy

I was expecting that kind of answer/reply :smiley:

1 Like

But it is the only valid reply. Randomness is the overriding factor in this game.

Your roster versus the team you use is not a chicken or egg first argument. The roster limits you. Your roster now works to make a team.

What heroes or tiles you get are luck.

What you choose to do with them is skill.

4 Likes

I have to second the post above. I’ve won so many raids because of the tactics I used regardless of how the gems were distributed. Often times I have a terrible board but still find a way to win because I brought the right team and used the gems wisely. That’s the challenge that makes the game so fun.

2 Likes

But without the fitting heroes it doesn’t work. You won’t succeed with with a bulk of Tudan and Co. @Nordjevel wrote himself it only worked with Red Hood. He allready tried other 5*.

Just look again at the post of Nordjevel. Horghall and Azlar didn’t work: Both 5*, both available from TC20. Anchor lists them as B level heroes. And then Red Hood: An event hero you can’t get from TC20, of course listed as A level. In several thread here in this forum you can read how much luck you need to get a certain hero, especially if it is not one you can not get vom TC20.

So it might be strategy or skill to use Red Hood instead of the other ones. But this is something a first grader can find out just by comparing the skills of the heores.
It took me no second to use Guardian Panther in my titan roster team against yellow titans when I finally got him. The success followed immediately. But that was no surprise. Just no other hero in my roster had comparable skills.

1 Like

If this game is all about pure luck, i shold then be victorious with my crappiest heroes against elite players and their elite heroes?

1 Like

You can’t influence the tiles. You can’t influence the rolls. You can’t influence the results of the training camps. You can’t influence the loots.

You think, that doesn’t count? You wrote that it was Red Hood which brought you the success. Was it strategy or skill to get her?

1 Like

You are saying that 2 heals in the middle is a good strategy? What league are you playing?

I guess it’s good to have two healers in the middle since most of the enemy attacks ends in my victory?
Red Hood is not all about healing. When foxes are active, mana cannot be reduced… so that makes chao and li xiu useless against my heroes. Don’t know about gretel how her mana draining skill is working against foxes…

Hood also deals 131% damage to all enemies… so i guess she’s more than just a healer. With average speed she’s pretty good tank…

But she’s not the point here, my point is that this game requires more than just pure luck. Right strategy is mandatory if one is going to succeed in this game…

You can’t influence all the mentioned. But you have to use your chances right. I saw many teams with good heroes but lined up wrongly and that gave me a chance to win.
Nobody in this topic states that luck doesn’t matter. It surely does. But the main point is that you need skills in addition to luck to be successful in the game.

1 Like

It’s good for your current score. It’s definitely bad for brilliant league. And only Alzar from your team will be ok (not good) for brilliant. Look for top 50 and count quantity of Guins in tank position, count quantity of yellow heroes in tank position. There is no any strategy in this game, especially for defence. Place Guin to tank position, if you have one, if you haven’t - place any other yellow hero. Same for others aspects of the game.

Yes… indeed… that’s why i wrote earlier that this current lineup is good, FOR NOW. It’s working fine at this current level/position i’m in. When i continue to play and my team power rises and possibly start playing in the “big league” with the strongest players, i may have to re-think my def-team and start to replace slow heroes with fasters ones… that is called STRATEGY my friend :wink:

'Nuff said…

It doesn’t look right. Guin or Delilah are most used yellow. Rare Vivica and only few Justice. Joon and Leonidas can hardly be found. Isarnia, Gravemaker, Marjana or Ares are more frequently used.

Do you know about one coloured tank strategy for wars? Same for raids. Most of players use yellow tanks in brilliant, so using yellow tank will give you some bonus of “enemy’s bad boards”. Just statistics.

It doesn’t look right to me. :slight_smile: In AW same color strategy is understandable because you can use each your hero only once, hence you can’t stack agains the same color on each of your 6 hits. But for raids this doesn’t work at all. You can always use your purple heroes again and again. So analogy doesn’t work.

Guin and Delilah are popular tanks because of their combination of health+defense+special, not because board produce less purple tiles than any other colors. As I pointed out there are other yellow 5* heroes that are less popular then 5* of other color (Ares, Marjana, Isarnia, Gravemaker etc)

1 Like

To kill yellow tank you need multiply purple heroes. We can determine “bad” board, as board with no chance to kill tank in 4 rounds (really 3). You can count ratio of such boards to all boards. Then you can count probability not to get such board one time, two times, etc. Then more yellow tanks you will meet then more “bad” boards you will have.

But maybe they mean that if they’re popular tanks and used a lot in war then it would follow that they would be often seen in raids too? Especially if someone has a synergistic setup with one of those in the middle.

(Or maybe the real question is why are they specifically so good that even when people up top presumably have a plethora of purples to deal with them in AW they are still chosen for raid defenses.)

Maybe we need to buff other tanks to make war more variable at the top end, and have more applications for pure defense oriented heroes?

Sorry for wandering OT, don’t mind me I’m just a lowbie and I don’t have a plethora of anything :wink:

Edit: i just started a raid against a purple tank with only 2 yellow tiles on my board!!! Rigged I tells ya!

Yes, the game is almost exclusively luck-based. There is some strategy part, but all in all, luck at summoning stuff and getting strong heroes/troops plays a much much bigger role.
Let’s face it… everyone can push tiles, even a trained monkey.

However…

Dude, you had a 5* hero since level 16… and you’re complaining??
Man, you’re probably just a bit spoiled. You had some luck early on, and it just didn’t continue like that. That’s randomness. Nothing to complain. Some aspects of the game really require patience. Yes, the rest is luck.

Wanna know what real bad luck is?
My account is lvl35 now and I still haven’t gotten ONE SINGLE 4* troop. That’s right. I’ve got close to 40 three star troops. All the epic summoning coins (around 30) failed to yield a single 4* troop. That’s over 30 misses at 10%.

As if that wasn’t enough, I also waited very long for decent 3* heroes. All the while some newbies are pulling stuff like Boldtusk at lvl 4.
I started playing in September and pulled my FIRST 5* hero in February, like two weeks ago.

So please pretty please, don’t talk about bad luck unless you know what you’re talking about.

1 Like