Game is killing me

I love this game, but it’s so hard to move forward without thousands of dollars. I just drew 30 in the dune summons. 29 season 1 3* and one useless dune 4*.
How do people get 5 new heroes, fully emblemed and limit broke for their war and raid teams within days of the new hero /season release? I really want to know.

3 Likes

Usually hundreds of summons. Cha-ching.

3 Likes

You really want to know?? There is a simple explanation… And in a song

Happy gaming

Word of advice… Just have fun. Stop trying to keep up with others and relax with your alliance mates. :popcorn: :smiling_imp: :beers:

9 Likes

Also the players who can power level new 5* heros would have resources on hand, to do just that. Placing well in tournaments, events and chaining higher level titans… Better chance of pulling 4* AMs too.

Words of wisdom.

4 Likes

They do the same as you. Only … ten times more.

End game players plan their pulls carefully. They choose the portal where they need a special hero.
They have queued hundreds of feeders in the Trainingcamps, queued tens of trainer heroes in HA and saved hundreds of grey tokens.
With food stored in TCs and AL and food crates, they can level and emblem a new hero in one or two days.
Happy gaming

6 Likes

as others have said, it’s costly. for those of us not willing OR able to spend a lot…

just lower your expectations,

Play the game for fun,

(maybe keep your cups low so you don’t get stressed raiding against the top teams and their shiny powerful heroes with maxed troops),

and treat this game as a way to pass time only :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is such unfortunate bad luck there, I´m sorry to hear. My advice was going to be, to save up your gems to do a 30-summon in a portal where you have no heroes, such as S5, and hope for the best, given the odds. But you did just that and walked away with such poor results :slightly_frowning_face:

I really wish you better luck next time :four_leaf_clover:
Maybe you have other heroes that are worth working on right now, still? I try to work with what I have - as I am not able to summon a lot. Not a single S5 hero here either. So I´ve begun to LB and fully emblem what I have, and try to accept, that´s where I “am” in the game. It´s not easy though, and I completely understand - it´s way more fun to get something new, and be able to stay competitive too. This game is moving so fast these days, that it´s hard to keep up.

All the best :hibiscus:

1 Like

I buy pretty much every offer. For me personally, it’s the only way I can keep up given all the heroes I have. I sit on my materials now. There have been times I got excited, levelled a hero and next portal got someone else id rather give the mats to. So I’m ready to pretty much completely max almost any hero, typically emblems are my issue.

I also farm probably 3-4 days a week nearly all day long. Just set it to auto farm, then play with my daughter as it runs. So I have all my training camps running everyday, all day, I have a lot of feeders. If I’m doing a couple hundred pulls, the feeders from that can typically get a single hero nearly maxed in 20 minutes. I buy trainer packs. I mean, I max it out, it’s the only way I see besides placing high in events and such. Even then, the game slows you down to get you to spend. So ultimately, as everyone else said, just gotta spend more, it sucks.

I’ll be honest, it’s not the money that bothers me about this game, it’s the time it takes from me. If you had said when I started, hey, just to keep up with mana pots and battle weapons you’ll have to farm all day long, I probably wouldn’t have gotten into the game. Running my phone all day long is just ridiculous but if I don’t do it, I can’t compete in events as well as I’d like. If I could buy the XP/loot associated with the farming but could just stop doing it, I would. It keeps me tethered to my phone in an unhealthy way. Worst part of the game for me.

Good luck, but just to make it clear, this game isn’t pay to play, it’s pay to win.

1 Like

It’s not always pay to win, you can win without paying, just need a bit of luck.

Even the big spenders in this game need some luck :four_leaf_clover:

Keep pulling until you get the hero you want.

1 Like

You can be good player with a limited roster. Of course I’m far from top top player myself, but I’m managing. Recenlly I came back to top 100 after 16 months and even as c2p, I think I’m not doing too bad. 9 oneshots last 2 wars, 2 days ago I beat my best titan hit (161k on green 14*), but I admit that I mostly attack weaker defs myself, if there are any, in war.
If you have the money and time that you don’t mind to use in this game to become a better player, sure use some. But it’s sitll not a guarantee that you’ll actually be a better player with a better roster after pulling better heroes… If I put thousands of € into a game like this myself, I’d be very upset about it later on probably. But to each their own.

I’m playing over 4 and half years, except a small break, about 2.5 months I took from this game in 2021, which I’m glad I did.

I was never able to do anything like this myself. My record is getting 4* from 1/1 to 4/40 or something Lol. I either ran out of food or feeders. Lately I have absolutely no food, but a lot of stored iron and recruits in HA4 (830 trainings so far)

1 Like

It’s purely luck based. Better to do 10 pull once in a while than to force pull 3 times in a row

I can’t speak for all/most/many. Just my experiences and observations. Was in several top 5 alliances and occasionally would see the results of big whales chasing. Nobody posted dollar amounts but some gates, barring exceptional RNG, were in the several thousand dollars spent based on the number of new “event” 5* in the roster and multitude of hotm there too. Some would post the results of their summons. Often it was the same players in the next gate doing the same. There are wealthy folks that play(ed) this game so that really could have been pocket change. What they do with their money is their choice. But getting a full set of ninjas during the first gate was due to a lot of summons. Recall a raid where a player put up 5 Santa’s on defense. I ended up with a full set of ninjas via summons across three gates. Probably in the 600 to 700 total summons range but those details are lost to me. The last 300 (?) were chasing just Onyx. Had multiple dupes of the others.

I used the Censure method and for me it produced about double the odds versus stated chances. Finley came in about 20 summons as did most of the hotm.

Some players are lucky. Some are situationally lucky. And more than likely those frequently with the new shiny objects are spending a bit to get them. They are allowed to and don’t need my permission or anyone else’s to do so.

2 Likes

Know yourself.
Never spend more than you’d be willing to lose (and by that I mean more than you’d be pissed if you got nothing you really wanted).

Unfortunately the game now has quite a high bar of entry - in the earlier days you’d be fine with pulling at an event and picking up a season one hero…
Now if you pull much at all you’d be earmarking it for soul exchange almost straight away in many cases - they’re just so far behind the power curve that you barely want to level them, ESPECIALLY if you’ve got options and even moreso if you wind up buying ascension mats.

So it’s almost like you have to spend more to get something that feels like a proper reward now.

It’s natural to want to compete at the top, but realistically it’s just far too expensive to do so anymore - you can spend relatively little and build a good bench for titans and perform fairly well in alliance wars, but you won’t be getting into the top alliances without a serious amount of spending… It’s always been that way up to a point, but with more portals and more exceptional heroes appearing, the power creep is accelerating and deciding to slow down and use what you’ve got is increasingly uncompetitive in raid highscores and top level alliance wars.

The long and short of it, IMHO, is that you almost NEED to accept from the outset that you’re not going to dominate the rankings - it’s not like some games where the whales can just nuke you into oblivion, which is one of the saving graces of the game… if you enjoy it, look at titans and performing okay in a sensible alliance that’s fun for you.

But if you can’t control that urge to dominate (whether it’s being top dog in your alliance or always having the latest OP heroes to sit high on the leaderboards) then you’re going to wind up spending or you’re going to end up disappointed… You will need to accept this or you’ll drive yourself mad.

2 Likes

It’s up to every individual how much or how little that they spend. Imo, the game is designed to draw money from the spenders, and that is the answer to a lot of “why” questions about this game.

2 Likes

Thanks, and that was a 30 pull in a portal where I had no heroes. :woman_shrugging:
I mostly have fun, but do get frustrated… too invested to quit :grin:

1 Like

Throwing good money after bad money may not be considered an investment.

1 Like

Did 40 summons today for War of the Three Kingdoms. I got one event 4* (the worst one, the red guy), and two or three event 3s. No 5 * event heroes. Almost entirely s1 3 heroes. That’s 60$ spent on… what exactly? Such a ripoff.

I feel you, I think I’ve done four 10-pulls now without a single 5* to show for it… but it is frustrating of course to save up so long, wow, a 30-pull takes a lot of willpower. I’m impressed by your willpower, I can’t save that long :slight_smile: