Game is becoming a bit of a joke

As regards video games “copying” other/older stories, this is hardly new.

My mother teaches literature at university and points out that even Shakespeare borrowed from earlier stories to make Romeo and Juliet. Bram Stoker’s Dracula borrowed heavily from existing superstitious accounts of the undead, and any good screenwriter can tell you how closely Star Wars follows (a) the hero’s journey, (b) a Western (yes, a Western), and c) Kurosawa’s earlier film Hidden Fortress.

These are not “rip-offs” so much as continuations of tropes, tales and character archetypes in the collective consciousness of current people.

Melendor may look like an artist’s representation of another famous wizard…but Meledor is not Gandalf; he doesn’t smoke a pipe, wear the ring of the flame of Arnor, have a beard to his knees, speak elvish or make fireworks. :grin:

But Melendor makes me think of Gandalf, because I LIKE Gandalf, and my recent choices in film are Gandalf or Dumbledore…and Dumbledore wears glasses. :wink:

9 Likes

Yeah… Absolutely in accordance with you…
And in last events, special heroes were not to be found… They can’t think that someone with a cup of brain can spend 1000 euros for some heroes…

I do agree with most if not all. Trying to ‘think’ that a game cant be 100% for everyone and to everyone liking.

But, been playing almost 2 months only, and I have to admit that this is more of a pay 2 win then free play. My reasoning is that you simply cannot summon ANYTHING on the normal gems you get, let alone trying to summon a 4 or 5* or HOTM or Event Hero.

This game seems to be all money. I use to get amazing chests, and raids seemed to be fair, then suddenly, super crap chests, raids are almost impossible. Those are more concerning then graphics, even though everyone wants including me a good looking fun game.

What will season 2 hold, doubt anything exciting for free play, but get your wallets out and then will probably be great fun…

1 Like

I encourage you to level up your TC20, if your Training Camp isn’t maxed. I just got Domitia two days ago out of mine.

That’s a free 5*. :blush:

4 Likes

Congrats on Domitia @Rook! I just snagged Leonidas from my tc20 today. Definitely worth the time to level at least 1 to level 20 as free stuff is alway fun :wink:

3 Likes

I disagree with you on summoning, I saved gems and did a 10 pull and 2 single pulls on the last event and I got 6 4 stars from effectively 12 pulls. I know that’s higher than average but it shows my patience was worth it. BTW I got 2 lancelots, 1 merlin, 1 kiril, 1 Melendor and 1 colen. Then 3 Banes and 3 other 3 stars. But I was happy enough to get 2 event heroes from gems I’d saved from challenges, chests etc

Great! But has been proven that this game has gambling aspect of luck. Even more proven that some alliance members have received 1 x elemental chest each week for last 4 weeks, when other members havent gotten a chest in over 3 months. Some will be lucky and others not. I have last month done 3 x 10 pulls and only gpt 2 x Skittleskull …rest 3 stars

Anyway, well done and good luck

1 Like

Fact is you’re gambling, no 2 ways about it. You go into the bookie and place bets it’s a gamble, this is no different, the odds are always stacked in the houses favour, people go to Vegas knowing this but they still go. Why people complain about low odds here is beyond me.

2 Likes

Congrats then!

My TC20’s running about half a year now and I got tons of 3* heroes and a handful of 4*.
That’s all.

1 Like

My results are below. Just got the 5* this week (Elena). Even if I’ve only gotten one, I have gotten good 4* heroes and I’m not afraid to attack anyone (well maybe blue tanks as my green is worst :joy::rofl::joy::joy:).

5*: 1; 4*: 9; 3*: 26

1 Like

OP: I think the thread has meandered a bit from your original post. Is this okay to leave open as is? I’m not quite sure how to moderate “back to topic” since I think rants are permitted but not encouraged by Forum Rules… :wink:

Hello rook, the truth is that you can’t spend 200+ euros for a special 5* event hero… Yesterday I spent almost 10 euros, to get a “special” big frog 4*…
Honestly… Too expensive. All.

At least you got a 4* frog for your efforts, it could have been renfeld :wink:

Lucky me. I got both.

I’m sorry, it was a bad joke.

I pay to have something good… But a frog it’s a theft… :joy:

Try kissing it :kissing_heart::frog:

3 Likes

I used my Atlantis coins and got Wilbur, like I’ve said, you win some you lose some. It’s gambling.

Did you get Gobbler?! I wanted him! Destroyer/Eater of minions! sob

I said somewhere early on that the new art has a lot of teeth (I’m more a fan of beauty than toothy), however I love the stats and abilities of the new cards.

Gobbler is definitely one I was chasing; also “Gato”, simply because it means “cat”. :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah, gobbler :smiley: I have so many green heroes, but I level up him, soon ^^

1 Like