[SOLVED V35] Game freezes when disconnecting from bluetooth

I’ve searched but couldn’t find anything related to this.
If I have my phone connected to bluetooth headphones and then while in a raid/quest/stage disconnecting the bluetooth or changing the sound output, the game will completely freeze and the only way to get it back is to force close the game and start it up again causing you to lose any progress on that stage or a raid. It’s been happening across multiple versions of the game and reinstalling it does nothing.
Any info on this would be appreciated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Glad to see I’m not the only one with this issue. I don’t usually walk around with my heaphones while playing this game, but there are times when my kids will take my BT headset or my wife will take my car and when that happens it auto connects, as it’s mine - durrr, and it completely negates any battle I was in. It’s definitely frustrating and for them not to care is absolutely ridiculous. I’m sure it’s not too long/hard (pun intended) of a fix, but there aren’t many who are complaining about it. I sure as hell don’t have the time to go back and forth with the bots behind the in-game support. Thanks for the info though. Cheers

Marking solved per V35 release notes:

I dunno what happened with your case, but it appears to be fixed with mine. I tested it in both stages/raids while connecting to the same bluetooth headset/car when the problem was occuring, and it definitely looks resolved on my end. Turning the BT on/off on the headset/in the car or on the device doesn’t cause the game to freeze outside of or during battle. There is a slight (half a sec) flicker when the app is changing the sound output, but it definitely does not freeze any longer.
PS. I tested using Bose SoundLink Wireless AE2 headphones and BT in 2 cars. Seems legit

1 Like

Oh I feel ya and I know exactly how that goes. I have the same problem with some of the devs at the software company I work for :rofl: “Look, it’s working fine on my device in debug mode…so it must be fine”. I was actually able to trigger the freeze again while disconnecting from BT while on Auto-Play. My headset was connected to 2 devices at the moment - my Macbook Pro while in a meeting and my phone. I disabled the BT on my phone form the dropdown and it froze as the tiles were flying off during auto play for one of those PoV dailies. I tried reproducing it but couldn’t as it kept working just fine after that. This was the first time it’s happened since they announced the “fix” for it. But the fact that it’s happening again is a bit discouraging. Sorry that you’re experiencing this. Considering how much money people spend on this, Zynga should be expected to invest into proper QA :laughing:.

Can you provide some more details about the device & software version you are using? Also any info about the bluetooth devices?

Could help to compare your device stuff with what @Dyna49 uses?

I had this problem last night. Game froze when in turned off my headphones.

But…I had been dealing with the stupid WebView issue all night, so I can’t be sure of the cause!

This issue has NOT been solved. Just happened to me in the middle of a WAR! And in a 2v2 war, losing a whole flag like that is fatal.

I was wrapping up my audiobook, and doing my war attacks while listening. Once the book was done, I turned off my bluetooth headphones, and the game froze up. I was in the middle of my third war attack with my strong team when it happened.

So, yeah, I’m a little bit upset.

ETA: I got 0 points for the attack that froze. It would have been bad enough for it to freeze and only give me points for the enemies I had wounded or killed up to that point. But, no. I got 0 points. The game stole a war flag from me, and gave me absolutely nothing in return.