Game burnout

I have been playing for a year now, and, undoubtedly spend more than I should :rofl:
However, Garanwyn, I wanted to comment on your question, which I think is very good :+1:

The most “eye-opening,” and undoubtedly best post I’ve read on the Forum was @Almeida post on “What exactly is a Gacha? (Read before posting things about ‘unfair pulls’)”

I did further reading, and study of the Gacha, so I would be well informed and truly understand: I’ve made my decision(s) accordingly. I’ve posted links to this topic more than once on my alliance LINE, as people discuss unfair pulls (we range from F2P to P2W).

For me, this really “answered” my questions, and enhanced my further understandings. My personal belief is everybody that spends any real currency should read this post before spending.

Regardless, I digress, I, however, wanted to share my perspective, and encourage Folks to take advantage of this post. . .

3 Likes

I’m getting burnt out now just trying to figure out this latest update. Things are getting way too complicated. Ofcourse it dropped just days after I paid for another premium, so I’d be stupid to quit now. Or maybe not. The more complicated it gets, the more I have to think; and the more I have to think about something that’s supposed to be a leisure activity, the less leisurely it becomes, ergo less enjoyable. They keep dangling that carrot, making it harder and harder to catch, only when you catch it, you find its just an orange crayon. I’m quickly losing interest.

2 Likes

What part of it are you finding complicated?

1 Like

Just upgrade tour stronghold, assuming you’re at that level. The rest will follow.

Upgrading it now. It’s all the new options that become available after that upgrade that’s got me talking to myself.

1 Like

Basically, the options are almost all straight upgrades of existing buildings, like mines, farms, storage, and houses.

Hunter’s Lodge is the only truly different buildings and it works just like a forge–only, you use titan parts to make stuff instead of the things you farm from the world.

You’ll need your food storages at 20 to research the Harpoon in the Hunter’s Lodge. But beyond that, there’s not much strategy required.

Everything is at 20 except for a couple of TC’s at 14 and 19. I don’t know, I started reading about some of the new building conversions and when you can use the harpoon, and my head was spinning. Maybe whoever wrote it just wasn’t very clear, but at first read it didn’t look very straightforward.

I’m also in the middle of a bad stretch of luck between raids and Trials of Survival – and absolutely horrible boards for my limited heroes available, which never puts me in a particularly good frame of mind.

Don’t sweat the TCs. We have no idea when the Hero Academy will be going live, but they haven’t even turned on SH22, let alone SH25 yet.

Your buildings are in good shape.

Also don’t sweat the harpoons too much. Once someone in your alliance hits a titan with a harpoon, there’s a little bar that appears under the titan health showing how many hits your whole alliance needs in order to get the titan to drop parts. The bar has 3 sections:

Drop Some Parts | Drop More Parts | Drop a Lot of Parts

So on 12* titans you need at least 17 hits per titan across the whole alliance to get the titan to drop some parts. It’s less for smaller titans. If everyone uses a harpoon or two per titan, you’ll be golden.

Ouch. That really sucks. I hope things improve for you soon.

2 Likes

No need to talk to yourself, we are all learning as we go. Talking to the players on the forum is a better option.

People always look at me funny when I talk to myself :joy:

4 Likes

To get back to the content of the original post, if you find that the game is taking up more of your time than you might like, one way to alleviate that is to form an alliance of 1. I created an alliance of 1 for myself for other reasons, but one unexpected benefit of doing so was I found that the game consumed a lot less of my time, because I don’t spend time chatting with other players on my alliance, coordinating, etc. While I enjoyed the socialization aspect of the game when I was on alliances with other players, I also don’t miss it. Even with wars taking place twice a week, without having to coordinate with other players, total time spent on individual war battles is about the same as time spent on individual raid battles. Of course, one doesn’t have to be on an alliance at all, which is probably the way to spend the least amount of time on the game, but then you forgo titan and war chests.

1 Like

Stronghold 21

Advanced House produces recruits unlike regular house.

I will be maximizing recruit production ( Advanced House ) and iron production ( Advanced mine for production and Advanced Iron Storage for iron drops from chests ).

I will be using my food hoard to build an Advanced Farm Level 10, my iron to build an Advanced House Level 9, then an Advanced Iron Storage Level 10 ( see notes ).

Burnout

I am also prioritizing Advanced House Level 9 to help with burnout:

Even though it hurts, with the help of Advanced House, running 2x Legendary Training may help me get a 5* Hero to help with burnout.

Notes

Click for notes

FIN

2 Likes

I find this perspective really interesting. The added complexity actually attracts me, rather than turns me off.

I love trying to solve the various puzzles and sub puzzles to work out what is optimal and what you can do. By way of example, I still remember thousands of Magic the Gathering cards by name and what they can do, but I haven’t played that game seriously in years. Come to think of it that’s a little sad

I guess all that analysis can get exhausting but I’m not at that point yet

2 Likes

True, but if you know how a House works, an Advanced House just holds more and fills up a bit faster. It’s better, but not different to my mind.

Beta testing adds yet more time for testing and feedback, and mostly rewards you with playing with things that are broken.
That sound great sign me up LOL. I am disabled and spend about 14 hours a day on this game. I even have MORE than 8 active accounts. So beta testing sound right up my ally, so put in a good word for me :speech_balloon:

4 Likes

I’m not overwhelmed as much as I’m burnt out. There’s a difference. Beta testing would be right down my alley also. I think I have lots of useful information to share. An advance knowledge of the game as well as live desire to try different things and give my opinion. Much less monotonous. Someday if it opens back up I would definitely enjoy being a beta tester. Give me a reason to spend money again on the beta testing LOL

That’s a great philosophy @Wolf9, and the same one I’ve adopted myself. When I 1st started playing my very 1st pull was a 5*. It was downhill after that of course but I stopped spending and started leveling my solid/great 4*. Now I have quite a few fully leveled 4* teams plus many emblemed.
I enjoy hitting titans and AW the most. I’m not huge on raiding, don’t worry about cups (somehow I hover around 2000) and ignore the tournaments.
I do however love the special events, and used to battle my way through all of them. With the challenge events I go for completion, don’t care about my placement at all. This game is my fun time, away from the stress of daily life and work.

7 Likes

And when that ceases to be the case, it’s a good time to quit. Why would we continue playing a game, doing a hobby, etc when we aren’t enjoying it anymore.

Cripes, we often quit paying jobs by the time that happens. Why stick around for a mobile game?

Luckily, I’m still enjoying it and it doesn’t feel like work (yet).

6 Likes

Exactly @princess1!! Be rather insane to sink time and money into a game that feels like a job? My job feels like a job, that’s quite enough for me :wink:

5 Likes

I don’t know how the players with alts do it, but the recent raid tournament schedule change has done it for me. Weekday war combo with Raid Tournament is just too much. I feel the burn out.

Some things I’m trying:

• Filling raid chest once a day instead of twice a day even with raid tournament
  • Opting out of tournament, or opting out of Wednesday war

Right now I’m trying the opting out of Wednesday war part, and just focusing on the raid tournament + other tasks. I think this combo is what made it difficult for me.

Game has gotten busy, not necessarily a bad thing, but it’s just too busy for me :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I think that’s a good step. Saves gems too.

1 Like