Gaining XP for Heroes from raids, world map stages, War, titans, and other uses [MASTER]

I checked the Shortlist, and scrolled quite a ways in the forum and didn’t find this idea anywhere, but think it’s a good one. It would be great if we could be awarded Experience Points for activities other than missions. The amount of points could be dependent on success, amound of damage done, or something. I am new and havent thought it out, but just thought I’d throw the idea out there.

Feedback or a more detailed concept would be welcome.

In many other RPGs, a hero can gain experience through battles. What if EnP heroes were able to gain experience (albeit a limited amount) by being selected for any non-titan battle?

For example, a hero could get:
5 XP for being on a “battle roster”
5 XP for surviving the battle
10 XP for each “kill shot”
10 XP for each time they fire their special

And perhaps cap the XP earned per level at 70, which is just less than half of what non-color feeding a one-star hero to another hero earns. Feeding should still be the main way of getting experience, but this would be a slow road to helping players improve their teams.

1 Like

Hello,
Voted, i like the idea, did mentionned it on other post in the past.
The only adjustment, i think, would be instead of a cap, the loss of any earned exp during battle, if the hero dies, otherwise good to go.
Have fun.
Wolf9
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

It will be nice if heros get some experience for win in a faight or raids or batles.

1 Like

I think this is a very good write up on something I too have been thinking of for a while.

Please implement this

After my chest is filled I skip raiding as do most of my alliance. I’m the leader of a top 50 and I used to encourage them and have small contests to get our score up but now nobody cares. The titan changes and loot added with no benefit is making alliance so much less fun. Giving a small amount of XP for raid wins would make things more competitive.

2 Likes

I purposely enter and flee raids in between quests to lower my trophies so I can get easier matches and win when my quests are active. I’m not 100% sure if this works like I think it does, but it only takes 30 seconds, so whatever.

Right now raids are poorly revarded - basiclly only food and iron (even the chest). Therefore I think it would be nice to gain some (huge:) XP in raids as well. Raids are sometimes more challenging than any map location or quests (exept special events). So some XP based on TP of the defender or difference in TP or difference in trophies would make sense to me. What do you think?

I disagree. Often we have to time our leveling up for when there is an active titan. And while we wait at least we can raid and improve our trophy score without getting xp that would ruin the whole «3 extra attacks for titan» which is the best part of leveling.

Also since your level in-game doesnt actually have any great significant to the game I dont mind getting a new level «less Often» you have to farm for recruits and material anyway.

1 Like

What you say is kind of contradictionary. If you could level up more often you would have more often +3 titan hits as well, right. Level is not significant you say? Leveling increases your hero roaster capacity and world energy let alone titan, raid and world energy refill.
How often do you have to actually wait for level up befor new titan spawns? It happend to me like 3 times (lvl 32).

My allianse are working on keeping stabile on the top 100 list and trophy score and managing titans and so on are important for that. If I had to stop playing because we’re letting a titan go I could end up waiting for 12 hours without being able to raid because of the xp. Its not worth it. When your high on the trophy list you need to raid alot! You get enough xp from farming 8-7

If you wanted to put this in the game then there should be a button to turn Off xp earning if you wanted because it will throw Off the competition aspect of it.

1 Like

Well yeah Turn off button could be a solution… or you can have some real life for 12 hours, its also nice from time to time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyway these suggestions will never make it to game.

The “Gain Experience” special quests should give you also Training Heroes (of 1-4*, depending on the difficulty of the quest). Again: gems/money requested almost everywhere. Be more generous with the players!

I definitely think there should heroes should gain XP for being used. As someone with most of the 4* S1 heroes maxed and a handful of 5’s, I pretty much only ever use those maxed heroes. If we could get XP for using the heroes I’m working on, it would get me to play with more variety and better learn how to use those heroes before they’re part of my daily drivers. Perhaps the gain XP should only be applied if you actually play the level though, and disabled if you use autoplay

1 Like

I think the mechanic of earning and “feeding” ascension items, etc. to level up heroes is good.

As an enhancement, I think it would be fun to have a mechanic that allows for the earning of “ascension points” or similar based on actual hero use that could be used to pay for ascension items. It could help level out the “random drop” aspect of ascension items in some players minds by giving them a way to “earn” one… giving players a bit more control in leveling heroes they like and actually use.

So, for example, if I want to level Natalya I could use her (actually learning to use the hero productively) in different activities… map, AW, raids, titan to earn a small number of points based on type of activity and result.

Accumulated hero points could be used to buy an ascension item of any type (with cost differences, of course…).

So in my example, from high to low, point spend tiers could look like:

mystic rings
hidden blade, compass, fine gloves
chain mail
food

i would NOT have a pool of player points that could be used anywhere… would definitely keep them restricted to the earning hero, the basic idea being that experience makes a hero stronger.

IMO, earning should be a slow-ish process based on average time it takes to get a particular item… so if it takes “x” farming occurrences to get a pair of boots (again, on average), that could be correlated to a number of world energy points required. In addition, I’d have some factor that makes players “challenge” their heroes to earn points… so Natalya getting experience from 1:1 would be a tiny amount (if any), 10-1 would be higher, 20-1 would be higher… etc.

I haven’t done the math, so shooting from the hip here, but some multiple would make sense for getting the “sure thing”… maybe 3x-5x based on type of items.

A different (probably simpler) implementation of this idea could be to reduce the number of random ascension items and insert “experience points” as a new “required material”… so maybe five rings instead of six, and six total blades instead of eight. The difference, again being that it introduces an element that is player controlled… more points by playing more advanced levels or participating in more activities… maybe could be sped up by getting a “training token” or spending gems to “hire trainers” to add to experience up to some maximum percentage to still encourage use of the hero instead of outright buying the element (something to be said for “real world” experience).

1 Like

The more a hero fights and wins the more experience it gains, and the stronger it gets. Ie a fully loaded 4* with lots of battles can hope to take on lightly used five* and win.

4 Likes

I agree absolutely , … :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

Re: [Empires & Puzzles Community Forum] [General Discussion] Give heroes points for battle experience
I think this is one of the few ways of making the game more interesting rather than making 6* heroes and 7* heroes etc. Experience should count not just brute strength

Thanks for the note

Richard

2 Likes

Excellent !!!