Gaining XP for Heroes from raids, world map stages, War, titans, and other uses [MASTER]

Current way of leveling heroes is lot of grinding . How about adding small amount of XP earned for each hero used in the raid and stage fights? Keep XP gain small to keep current recruit–> hero training–> level up as a main XP source. And special skill increase chance would only come from current leveling up scheme so xp gain from raid/stage battle won’t disturb the balance. Any comments? suggestions?

Thanks

I really like this idea.

I don’t mind some grinding to level up heros but do think it currently takes a bit to long. I have a nice deep bench now and when I get a new hero it takes too long before I can even use him in war.

It would make the constant farming more fun too see my heros get some HP. Could be an amount of XP according to how hard the map and then share it between hero’s. Could make it more of a challenge to farm, try for harder maps with fewer hero’s so each one gets more HP. Instead of just autofight 8-7 all the time.

Don’t think it should be for raid.

Edit:
If it was also for raid I think it would make players cupdrop to be able to win with unleveled hero’s.

6 Likes

I was thinking about this today, like the old pokemon gameboy games. You would get a new pokemon and then go grind in the lower levels to get them some xp. I think we would be more likely to use other teams of heroes to grind for resources, and our high- powered team to continue the main quest. All heroes, then get a little bit of leveling without having to spread out all your feeding heroes for war

3 Likes

I think something like this might (must) have already been suggested, but I couldn’t find any relevant posts doing a search, so… As the title say:

Give heroes an individual XP reward when used.

(Edit: Of course I found the post I knew I’d seen shortly after posting this, but there were no real (or specific) reasoning other than adding additional fun to the game, and no comments, so I consider this worth presenting as a more solid suggestion.)

So – why give heroes an individual XP reward when used?

The idea

This suggestion, which is in a way two interjoined suggestions, stems from 1) the tediousness of farming and 2) a nonexistent incentive to level up new (and even old) 3* (and thinking about it – certain 4* (and 5*)) heroes. You’re not there yet? Well, you will be.

Sure, when it comes to tedious farming, there’s loot tickets. I use them sometimes. But they add absolutely nothing to the gameplay – they are rather a (mediocre) way to counter a bad game design/experience = the need to farm, and the mind-numbing boredom of it.

When it comes to low level heroes, and some niche and/or higher level mediocre (or outright bad) heroes, I think it would be fun to use them, but I really have no reason to. None, whatsoever. I won’t risk world, raid or alliance energy for the ‘fun’ of using these heroes, and certainly not AW flags. I don’t compete in the rare category of challenge events, which would be the only use I’d ever have for a 3* hero.

For me, as a rather advanced player (= high level with a fairly decent hero roster), being able to use, and having a reason to use, low level heroes would really add to the gameplay. A lot of these heroes are really nice, and a bunch of them are, or at least were, pretty unique. And turning the tedious farming into something more exciting – come on. It needs to be done. It should be done. Combine these two prospects, and I’d say we have a winner.

I think it would be a great way to extend and add to the gameplay for everyone, or at least a very big portion of players – at a minimal (or at least manageable) cost (= loss of revenue) for SG. I’d still use loot tickets when short of time, and I know others will too. And leveling could be restricted or capped not to interfere (too much) with competitive gameplay like raids and events.

I think this would also be beneficial for a lot of players, and the community, as this would/could motivate players to use heroes (and/or special skills) they would otherwise not use, learning a thing or two about team composition and game mechanics in the process. That’s something even many advanced players would benefit from. It’s easy just using the heroes you’ve leveled, and level the kind of heroes you’re used to using. When ascension items are scarce, it’s easy to play it safe. Introducing a way to use lower level heroes in a meaningful way – like being able to farm – would be a good way to try them out and form a personal opinion.

The workings

The amount of XP isn’t really being discussed here. Being able to max a hero by just using it isn’t a realistic expectation. It might only be a small amount of XP gained this way, and/or only up to a certain point, or under certain circumstances.

There’s also a couple of practical issues and consequences needing to be addressed.

• As we often farm for specific ingredients/items, lower level heroes would also restrict the map levels being possible to farm.
  • The XP award when using loot tickets.
  • The XP award when using auto-combat.
  • Other things.

Regarding the first issue - well, here’s my second (interjoined) suggestion:

Introduce an option for players having completed a season (and maybe having reached a certain hero/team power), making the monster power/difficulty of a map level relative to the team power used (not necessarily a linear relation).

This would make it possible to farm a certain map level while still using lower level heroes. I mean, you come to a point where you can just do auto-battles using your maxed heroes anyway, which certainly doesn’t add to the gameplay. Which is a big part of why I’m suggesting this; it will extend the relevance of existing content and add to the gameplay.

Regarding the second and third issue: Meh. No individual hero XP for using loot tickets? I’d have no problem with that. Auto-combat? Well, as you might lose the fight (depending on the difficulty level set by the first issues solution) – at least a proportional amount of individual hero XP? Or none, as the whole reason for this concept is to actually use and get to know the heroes.

Or, maybe more in line with the F2P/P2P concept: Every player gets hero XP by playing manually, but add the possibility to do auto-combat or use loot tickets while still getting hero XP to the VIP pass. A win-win.

So – some sort of concrete suggestion and/or TLDR;

1: Give heroes an individual XP reward when used – specifically on map levels and when using lower level heroes.

Make the XP gain noticeable and worthwhile. Maybe cap it at tier 2 = player will have to pay for ascension to tier 3 and do normal leveling from there.

This could be an integral part of the game, benefiting players of all levels, tied to reaching a certain power level (player level, hero power, team/roster power) or completely tied to suggestion number 2.

2: Give players having completed a season (maybe in combination with reaching a certain power level) the option to play/farm that season with monster power relating to team power.

Make the difficulty somewhat challenging.

Now what?

Well, it’s an idea. What did I not consider? What Other things need to be addressed, if one were to suggest a practical implementation making it easier for SG to adapt/adopt this? Maybe the suggestion is just stupid and/or naïve. What do I know. You could always tell me that, if you don’t like the idea. :smiley:

2 Likes

Many of us have so many unleveled heroes on our roster that sitting on the bench and never been touched because the system requires us to feed only our selected hero to level them up (using feeder heroes).

This is so painful because we never trully taste the abilities of all our heroes we have because of the levelup process created this way and taking a very long way only to maximize one particular hero.

Therefore i have a suggestion that need u guys to support and give + vote. How about if SG adding new additional way to level up hero which is by bring the hero to raid and maps and every hero that finished the raid and map gain +exp and they can level up too (just like leveling a character in RPG games)?

This idea will become very worth it since many player spend so much money to “buy” unxepected heroes that will never be leveled up (such as guardian kong, etc) that sitting on the bench forever and we don’t want to feed them because it will wasted our feeder hero.

By adding the RPG system to level up a hero, every hero on our roster can be used and we can enjoy more playing with different character on this game. We can truly taste every heroes we have (even the unexpected one) so this will reduce the complain when someone do the pull and don’t get the hero they want, but at least the unexpected hero can still be used and we don’t feel like wasting our money on this game

Give ur opinion and support this idea by giving +1 vote

6 Likes

Didn’t know this idea already mentioned before. Mod can merge this thread to existent one

1 Like

Hey @Kerridoc @Rook @Coppersky, can you see above and determine if this should be merged into one of those other threads (or maybe one I missed)? Thanks!

Merged. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Rook think I’m throwin @zephyr1 name in the hat for the next mod openeing lol

Ok now flag for off topic…

1 Like

@Rigs Can’t decide if I should give this a heart or a flag lol. But thanks for the compliment.

2 Likes

Awww your first test lol :wink:

2 Likes

Well, if the heroes gain XP only if raiding and defeating a stronger team power, then it might actually defeat the benefit of cup dropping…what do you think?

The opposite of what I wrote here is true…please ignore this post…I guess I was still under the influence of the Season’s spirit…LOL

If my heros gain XP from raiding that would encourage me to raid with my unleveled heros. To have a chance to win in raid then I would have to drop cups.

You are perfectly right, I don’t know what I was thinking when I wrote that post LOL

This is what I came to post. As it is I am getting bored with the game. If heroes gained xp it would open up playing with new heroes. Other games have similar concepts. The hero (or monster gains xp) but also can be leveled by training. The higher tier/stars the hero the more xp is needed.

3 Likes

Every time you use a hero that is not yet maxed, he should gain experience every time you use him (e.g. for farming). It should be a percentage from the XP that you gained and ti should take into account if you win or loose.

1 Like

Second it! 20 chars…

2 Likes

@dbotelho This idea has been suggested before, and has a master thread for consolidating ideas, comments, and votes:

(@Kerridoc @Rook @Coppersky Possible Merge of Topic)

2 Likes

Sorry I’ve searched before posting but miss that one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Been playing the game for a while, progressing the different heroes. One thing I notice is static aspect of the life of these heroes. They progress (never regress), and progress either they participate or not to combat.
It would be great if the game can explore heroes progression/regression in alignment with their participation (also prevent have numerous heroes taking the dust in the attic)

1. Each time an heroes participate to a combat (war, raids, stage …) and survive it it would gain ‘n’ XP points
  2. Heroes that do not participate to combats (e.g. sleeping > ‘n’ week or ‘n’ combats occurs without his/her participation), the hero lose ‘n/10’ XP points. {potentially losing level if really long sleeping or hibernation)
  3. XP gains might be higher for war than raid and stage etc …
  4. Extra XP credited based on inflicted score / health point given etc … based on heroes capabilities.
  5. Heroes become tired of combat. E.g. same heroes can not participate to more than ‘n’ combat consecutively. If so, need ‘n/2’ rest combat before being able to restart a serie.

I believe the game would gain some interest if the heroes were less pawns and do evolve with some Up and down.

1 Like