šŸ¦øā€ā™‚ļø Gaillard - 5* Ice/Blue from Sanctuary of Gargoyles

The OP is modified with the balance changes and the family bonus added to OP.

I will replace the image in the OP later when I will add the image to other Gargolye heroes too.

I have him but i think that would be antifiend and antiminios damages too , so Will be great

Well the dark lord is better too

Wasnā€™t better at the time my post was created, was buffed later on. But yes, at present Dark Lord hits harder.

2 Likes

I have updated the OP with the June balance updates.

He was good to start but the buff make him much better . He is my sniper . The add for stone skin was the best buff he got

Just got this guyā€¦looks interesting

10 Likes

Congrats! Heā€™s a solid sniper especially with his stoneskin passive. The fiend ability is just a bonus IMO :smile:

5 Likes

I pulled Gailā€¦ He is goodā€¦solidā€¦ And as much as i wanted tahir to counter fiends, gail will help me do the same as wellā€¦ But manā€¦ Unless there is some hidden synergyā€¦ He was the least wanted of all the gargoylesā€¦ And i just want someone to shake me a littleā€¦ And tell meā€¦ He is greatā€¦ In this situation.

Like Alexandrine v beraā€¦ Or Grimble v minion tanksā€¦ Or skadi v minion tanksā€¦

Since you bring up Tahir, I will say Gaillard is way better.

Not only does he prevent new fiends he does it for all allies and not just blue/red and also neutralizes any fiends your team may have gotten before firing.

His damage is also higher then Tahir and does not need target to have aliments not to mention stoneskin.

I use mine a lot and against all Fiend foes.

5 Likes

I have had Gaillard since last December and havenā€™t pulled the trigger on him as most of the minion heroes were manageable without him. He will be the next blue hero I level as I feel there are enough minion heroā€™s now to justify it and that latest red Gargoyle alone justifies a fast fiend remover with the plus of having massive hit and stone skin for two turns.

1 Like

He didnā€™t really do much against minion heroesā€¦ And he doesnā€™t remove fiendsā€¦ Just stops the ailment and damage. Iā€™d like him more of the fiends were removedā€¦

He is a good sniper and fiend preventer . If you pair him with CMagni he is almost an automatic kill after the DD from Magni. The full Monty is when I also add Alexandrine . He is ok by himself but better paired with a DD hero . Stone skin is an amazing defense and can be a life saver

3 Likes

I like my ice mono as presently constitutedā€¦

Morel, costume lepus, vela, skadi, lord loki

All charge within 9 tilesā€¦

Butā€¦ I can see using Gaillard in a 2/2/1 specifically with tahir for the anti minion function.

Alsoā€¦ Against beraā€¦ I use an alexandrine lead sniper squadā€¦ Magni, costume thorne, pengi, and it depends on who else o needā€¦ Dispeller, healerā€¦ Bothā€¦

Iā€™m feeling better about himā€¦ Just takes a while for the adult in me to take charge.

For those of you who have leveled him, which emblem path did you take? Sword seems to be a no brainer, but where he already hits really hard, would you go health defense or would you go sword health and left stone skin do itā€™s defense job? This is what I am leaning toward, Sword and Health.
Just wanted a bit of discussion on the topic if I can get some responses :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sword all the way. Sniping super-hard is extremely important these days, when most of the defensive heroes wonā€™t die after a regular sniper hit. Never enough attack stat for a sniper. Worst thing is that most annoying hero you wanted to kill quickly firing their special having 20 hp left after unsuccessful snipe attempt.

2 Likes

Sword all the way, donā€™t forget his stone skin that will additionally protect him.

Sword all the way. His stone skin bails him out a lot . If you can pair him with a DD hero he is almost lights out ( not the newer heroes unfortunately) . Great hero and fiend preventer

I take it Gaillard is even more relevant now with all the Hunter heroes and explosive fiends running about?!

5 Likes

Yeah, i was thinking the same. Counters many of the new heroes that are op