Future of Recurring Forum Threads

Your efforts, energy, commitment, and overall ability have made everything forum so much more fun and interesting as well as garner a desire to visit once a day at least in my case. WHATEVER you decide to do I sincerely mean it when I say that I will continue to support you and your efforts! Thank you for everything that you do for the greater good of the community!

6 Likes

Jump in there and get these things done if it will affect you that much. See what you can do to help the situation and I’m sure there’ll be opportunity for you to help bring it closer to the way you want it to be.

2 Likes

@Guvnor, your volunteer contributions to the community often go unappreciated, or outright disrespected. You’ve done great, and streamlining the threads a lot are a great idea for you and for everyone. One more suggestion:

SINGLE NERF/BUFF THREAD ONLY

I’d also suggest that the forum have a Single Nerf / Buff Thread ONLY, and any newly created buff/nerf thread be automatically merged with the one authorized thread. I suspect this would hugely reduce the moderation load, and also improve the tone and value of the forum.

2 Likes

Time to take a break for yourself…well deserved. Thanks for keeping up with all the threads. A big thanks to all other mods…you guys are well appreciated.

You are all doing a fine *ss job…

4 Likes

When you say “single buff/ nerf thread” are you referring to one per hero? because that is how we have it currently.

That way people can suggest how that specific hero could be balanced.

These have also all been moved to #hero-balance tag so they can be easily ignored whatever if someone wants.

2 Likes

Further to this would it make sense to merge the various hero threads and hero balance threads together - e.g. instead of having a Myztero thread and a Myztero balance thread juste have one Myztero thread? There is often a huge amount of overlap between the two anyway and it may optimise your time and the time of forum users if there is one common thread for each hero.

There may well be a good reason why the two make sense, but in my experience both generally talk about peoples’ opinions of the heroes, if they are OP/UP/just right etc. But again, I might have missed some other areas of discussion on various heroes

1 Like

Doesnt really change the work. Still gotta merge as many threads :stuck_out_tongue:

Having the two separate does allow for more positive conversation / discussion without the back-and-forth that usually comes with “nerf xyz” or “buff xyz” threads.

2 Likes

What I meant is just one single nerf/buff thread. Not all those separate threads for every hero. Just ONE SINGLE NERF/BUFF THREAD. That will substantially reduce forum clutter, and I suspect also moderation load, and also improve the value and tone of the forum.

1 Like

Potentially but there wouldn’t be any change in the amount of merging (people still gunna make their own new threads :stuck_out_tongue: )

As for quality / tone, there is some argument for individual threads; that being it keeps the discussion “on topic” as well as less confusing (being broken up for x hero followed by comments about y hero with a random line about z hero in the mix too)

2 Likes

But but, they’ve implemented practice raiding with alliance members!!!

:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Shame that the games direction is starting to weigh on probably the most dedicated mod on here not to mention the dedication you show to the community in general, I know with myself you’ve helped me find an alliance helped me understand certain aspects of heros and game play and more outside of forums, i do hope that these coming changes won’t push you away for good as I’ve learned alot from you and want to thank you @Guvnor for all the help both in and out of forums, I’m sure I speak for alot of players when I say that your hard work and dedication to the community has been extremely useful, helpful and valuable.

6 Likes

I feel the same way. It’s tough to leave a game that brought you so much entertainment in the past. I already slowly left once before (4 months) but I came back because I got curious about mythic titans and new war modes. Sadly I’m already right back to very low activity mode in anticipation of definitively losing interest due to the direction the game is headed.

1 Like

Thanks for all your hard work guvnor. Remember most of us have much respect for the work you do. That can’t be expressed enough. We understand your struggle because many long time players share many doubts.

5 Likes

I’ll happily chime in here: Thanks for all of your hard work @Guvnor !

The information in all these threads you provide are invaluable in my opinion. I do feel, though, that you are voluntarily in part doing the job of a community manager.
SGG has paid people to do just that. But community management sure is not one of their strong sides…

5 Likes

@ Guvnor
Thanks for your effort Iam not good in English,but thank you.

4 Likes

Any idea when you are getting a moderators hat? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Slight deviation from the topic.

I love and appreciate your sense of humour @sft1965 :joy::rofl:.

Ok, back to normal viewing :wink:

2 Likes

@Guvnor (Aussie) or @Sarah2 (Kiwi). Choices, choices… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

We discovered that a mono team and a good board can do horrible damage and that that purple bunny is problematic (possessed by demons?). The other thing is getting verbal feedback on your teams defense/s (try one out for size and get a friend to attack. I like it.

Dear @Guvnor - there comes a time for all of us to step back. You deserve many thanks for your work on the forum (and I do thank you) - but your quality of life is more important than this forum or this game. Follow your joy. I wish you all the best.

8 Likes

Cookie Settings