Full artwork of all heroes – where can I find the hero images shown from Magnify Hero?

So, what @Razor is referring to as the art that I’ve done can be found in this thread about hero montages such as my Squad montage:

Here’s the steps to how I accomplish this:

1. Open a desired background as a new image in Paint 3D.
  2. Go into the summon portal and take a screenshot of the hero.
  3. Open screenshot in Paint 3D.
  4. Use “Magic Select” to isolate the hero in question, adding & removing bits and pieces as appropriate.
  5. Cut out the hero from its original screenshot.
  6. Paste the cut-out hero onto the background.
  7. Click the button that says “Make 3D”.
  8. Move the now-3D hero cut-out so it’s close-ish to the actual background.
  9. Repeat steps to get all desired heroes in shot, adjusting depth and positioning as desired.
  10. Save new project. :slight_smile:

Now then, in the image above you can see Evelyn. I made the montage above just this last week. This means that I used the image from inspecting my own Evelyn to create her 3D cut-out. I’m like, 90% positive that she is in precisely the same stance in her inspection-mode as she is in the portal. The difference being… the brightness of the bloom around her when inspected makes it REALLY hard to get Magic Select to draw the appropriate boundaries. Evelyn took 3 or 4 tries, and each attempt took far too long. :-p

All of this to say: If you can, it would be easier to acquire the hero images that you desire via the summon portal, as described above… but the same method can be used in either arena.

Now, if your purpose is to get their title along with their cut-out / image… then yeah, clearly the inspection mode would be required… but as requested, the above is my methodology for pulling hero images out of their initial in-game state. Hope it helps!

p.s. I should note: though it might seem like a screenshot of the hero in the summon portal would produce a very small hero, the game is actually presented in a very high resolution and thus such is not the case. In reality, the inspected-hero comes out as massive. :slight_smile:

11 Likes